Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:05:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

kent lake

Started by stackenem, April 21, 2014, 01:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stackenem

Any body looked at the water level lately? Will be be able to launch Sat?
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

djkimmel

I'm thinking someone - dartag? - posted in a thread the water was coming up nicely and nearing full.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

Should be no problem launching.  I will probably be there Sunday.  Might have to fish nasty union lake Saturday. .hate that lake

YpsiBass

Heard a bunch of guys were heading to White Lake on Saturday. Frank, bob, dunno who else. I'd go too, but my club is opening their season on Cass that day.

bob o

with the less than great weather, white lake or another inland lake will get the nod. started last year at orchard and wacked a ton of dinks. maybe i'll spin the wheel of lakes and see what it lands on.

Jefferson

Hitting Kent lake for the first time with a buddy Saturday, any advice for a first timer there? Looked at a topo and it looked like only one main deep spot, are the ledges there a good point or maybe shallower with it warming a little?

Manxfishing

Quote from: ZeroCool on May 06, 2014, 12:43:50 PM
Hitting Kent lake for the first time with a buddy Saturday, any advice for a first timer there? Looked at a topo and it looked like only one main deep spot, are the ledges there a good point or maybe shallower with it warming a little?

The deep hole is the summer time spot
Hit the shallow bays (behind the deep hole) or the one down by Buno rd.
or work the shore line

Jefferson

Much appreciated. Thanks for the info! 

Sansan

Buddy of mine did really good on Kent a week ago.  Caught some hogs.

Got Fish??

Find  weedy flats for largemouth, I do well with white  spinners or chatter baits. Smallies will be on breaks close  to hard bottoms with structure.

Jefferson

Kent was brutal today. Threw almost the whole arsenal out there today just attempting to get a bite. Managed one dink on a bluegill lipless. Not sure what was going on, but everyone I talked to said they weren't catching anything either. The fish just banded together for a day and said "no, not today". Was anyone else out there? I got home and my brain hurt, would rather it be my fingers from hauling them in.

Bassassin

Were there any on beds???

Jefferson

That's where I expected them to be, but saw nothing all day. One swam by the boat like we weren't even there. Everyone out there was pitching the shore, I didn't see anyone pulling them in though and it definitely wasn't us.

dartag

going tomorrow if the storms get out of here.   Everything is way behind this year.  The Smallies are just starting to make beds on my lake.  They are usually almost done by now.

Bassassin

I am headed out on Saturday.  Not to Kent but another lake.   You have to think with the.warm weather all week we might hit the mother load on the beds.

Got Fish??

I think I will head out to Kent lake on Monday. The holiday traffic on the lake will be better for fishermen and not jet skiers. Not my first choice but the right choice. Hope to find bedding fish, then relax and enjoy the day.

dartag

Going to be a tournament with probably 70 boats tomorrow.  Should be.lots of fish by the west launch

Jefferson

Went out on Kent today and it was totally choked with weeds. We didn't do very good. Wasn't expecting that. Is that the norm for this lake in the summer?

Manxfishing

Yea, It's a lake with no lake assc. to kill all of the weeds
Look for pockets

dartag

Not to worry they will spray the lake with chemicals,  get the 2 weed harvesters out and chop every weed out of the lake.  It will look like a desert out there.  Like Manx said look for holes in the weeds.  The lake will have mats near shore when they start harvesting.  Makes for great frog and big weight flipping.  The main lake by the i-96 bridge has some deeper water.   The lake has a lot of big fish in it you just have to find them.  Now that the spawn is winding down the boat traffic will be a lot less. 

Got a tournament there tonight.  I will post how it goes tomorrow.