Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:50:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Crappies

Started by Coop, April 15, 2014, 02:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop

Hey all real quick question. I'm on the up-n-up when it comes to my fishing regulations. Although I was curious if it's legal to fish for Crappie (before the 26th) in an inland lake with a slip bobber and 1/16 oz jig tipped with live minnow or Berkeley small Gulp minnow. I wanted to get my son out he's been itching and I know its ok to fish em, just curious if it's ok to do it like I explained?  Or even just using a plain hook tipped with live minnow or little gulp minnow. Please let me know. And I'm not trying to evoke a dissertation on regulations and honesty please. Just want to take my 6 year old out to catch some panfish this weekend. If I can't so be it, but figured id ask
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

gmetime24

You should have no problem at all fishing with any of those setups

Coop

That saw hat I thought. Just heard so many stories of CO's out there. Don't want there to be a bad experience for my 6yr old.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

djkimmel

You can fish for panfish legally all year in Michigan. The only waters you can't are those few listed special trout waters that are closed to ALL fishing for part of the year, and few other odd exceptions listed in the 2014 Michigan DNR fishing guide.

Your rig is obviously a popular crappie rig used by thousands of anglers each spring in Michigan. Go fishing with your son and enjoy yourself.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Coop

Will do Dan! Gonna be heading out in the morning for my maiden voyage on the new boat.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

djkimmel

Looks like a nice day for it today!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.