Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:35:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Propose changing the St-Clair format to a 1 fish event.

Started by dartag, March 16, 2014, 07:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Propose changing the St-Clair format to a 1 fish event.

Change to 1 fish weigh in
2 (8.3%)
Leave it  5 fish weigh in
22 (91.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: April 30, 2014, 07:15:25 AM

dartag

Hey Guys and Gals
If you have been at the Mad Wags DK St Clair Open  the last few years there have been a big increase members attending.  At the end while we all stand around telling stories.  Dan is off in a corner checking our sheets and doing the math.

I am proposing we change the format of the to a 1 fish event.  You only report your largest fish.  Normal Golden Rules for weight would apply.  I would supply a board where your weight would be posted when you check in.  

Please vote and let me know your thoughts.

1javelin

How about someone help Dan instead and we keep it the way it has been? There's already a big fish prize and some people are there just to catch fish, not to hunt for a giant.

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

djkimmel

Up to all of you. I still want and hope it is about everyone getting a chance to just catch some fish overall. I'm trying to keep the event setup in a way that makes the most people interested in just plain participating.

I can almost always use some more volunteers. I'm not as fast with math as I used to be... Sometimes the handwriting is hard to decipher due to... well, bad handwriting, or sometimes it has been presoaked - gets a little runny... ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

t-bone

I vote for keeping it and having a few volunteers to do the math for him.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Slipkey

I can volunteer to help Dan with totaling everything up.  Alternately, maybe we should just let Dan fish, shoot the breeze and enjoy the fruits of his many years of labor on GLB.  If anyone wants to volunteer to be TD, I'll be happy to help out with totaling things up.   

dartag

Keep them votes and ideas coming in.

Another thought would to turn your slip in like you would weigh fish.  we total it up and then and write it on a board.  OCBM does that on opening day ans it works great.

Just trying to speed things up and make some free time for DK.

bob o

not to throw a wrench into the game at half time but what about a three fish limit?

Waterfoul

One fish weighed in WILL end up with at least 2-4 guys with the same weight.  3 fish would be better, but I think if people are willing to help with totaling up the weights we should leave it at 5 fish.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mojo

Quote from: bob o on March 16, 2014, 05:36:28 PM
not to throw a wrench into the game at half time but what about a three fish limit?

Sorry to come in late but I was thinking the same thing, with the caveat that each person in the boat must contribute 1 of those fish...... To make it easier, each person turn over their sheet and write their biggest fish weight (not inches) in big BOLD writing.

So imagine a 3 man boat - when announced they stand next to Dan and raise their sheet..... Boom .... Easy to add up, everyone participates....... Imagine a 2 man boat, 1 guy holds his card up and the other raises 2 cards up...... Boom .... Easy to add up, everyone participates.......

Dan I'll help write totals while you call em out and pick on them etc. And you can pick the criteria for tie breaker ...... Can we add this to the voting ? Call it the Mojo Threesome pick or something like that ????
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

TheFishinPollock

a mojo 3 some,  im not too sure i like that idea mojo LOL
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Mojo

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on April 03, 2014, 10:07:48 PM
a mojo 3 some,  im not too sure i like that idea mojo LOL

Name it another name which implies all 3 boaters participate ? I cant help it where a mind went  ;D

PS: Call it 3 Bass AP format (all participate)
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

dartag

djkimmel

5 it is. If most or all of you can mark you 5 biggest and convert the weights total, along with circling your big bass and/or writing it at the bottom all I could use then is someone to help double-check the math (there's alway one... ;D ) and a sorter to sort them in order.

And please! Remember to keep the sheets dry!! They're hard to read when the ink runs together!! :)

One additional thing - I may need someone else to print the weigh in sheets. My printer decided to die. Guess I wore it out. Probably be a few weeks before I can get a new one with the fax/scan stuff too. The weigh in sheets are two-sided but I usually just flip them over and run them through again. Let me know if you can print about 40 of them. I believe it is in Excel format.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LAPORTE

Send me the file Ill take care of the printing....
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

djkimmel

Thanks LAPORTE. I forgot to check back on this or to follow up... luckily, part of the reason I forgot is I came up with a temporary black-and-white laser printer so I'm all set for printing. Well... I actually need to do it yet... I'm going to have to set more reminders. :)