Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:13:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

When bass boat's attack

Started by TheFishinPollock, March 11, 2014, 11:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFishinPollock

Some guys get a tad too close, but if ya read the comments. The guy doing the filming knew they would get close.   It's still awesome.

Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

motocross269

Looks like a Tourmanent launch.....You would think that those guys would give him a little more room than they did....Maybe it was a channel?...On LSC I always try to give trollers a wide berth...

Waterfoul

I count at least 18 rods off that boat.  I have a hard time believing that's legal in ANY state.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

I can't watch it. It says it is blocked in my country.

t-bone

My first reaction to the video was "how many rods does that guy need"...
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

That is a lot of fishing rods? Looks to me like he was anchored maybe, not trolling? I didn't go to YouTube to read the comments. Looks like the boat traffic maybe helped the bite? Does look like they were fishing near a narrowed area - probably a good fishing spot, but also probably a known high traffic spot - like the bend in the Grand River just upstream from Stearns Bayou and the Indian Channel.

I sure don't support running full speed through traffic in particular too close to any non-moving object. I only saw a few boats that got too close, and no one got ridiculous close, which I have seen a few times in bass tournaments over the year. Particularly in that bend mentioned above in the Grand River. Seen some almost suicidal tendency behavior there are couple times by bass boaters and anchored anglers including a couple times in the fog that were just plain stupid.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: Mike S. on March 12, 2014, 07:35:08 AM

I did not know Muskegon had seceded from the nation? Might want to check your IP source to see if you're being routed through some friendly computers in China or Russia or something similarly interesting??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Slipkey

Quote from: djkimmel on March 12, 2014, 10:43:19 AM
I did not know Muskegon had seceded from the nation?
Shhhh....! We haven't told them that we booted them out, yet!  8)

Waterfoul

Quote from: Slipkey on March 12, 2014, 11:47:20 AM
Quote from: djkimmel on March 12, 2014, 10:43:19 AM
I did not know Muskegon had seceded from the nation?
Shhhh....! We haven't told them that we booted them out, yet!  8)

Does that mean my Michigan fishing licence isn't good on Muskegon Lake?  Great... now I have to spend more money on another licence.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

justinhahn88

I also got the "Blocked in your country" message.  Yes, I am also from muskegon. This is discrimination haha

djkimmel

Quote from: Mike S. on March 12, 2014, 07:35:08 AM

Quote from: justinhahn88 on March 13, 2014, 08:24:06 AM
I also got the "Blocked in your country" message.  Yes, I am also from muskegon. This is discrimination haha

Are you guys getting that when you're using your home Internet connection? Frontier Communications?

Or when using your cell phones? You probably aren't pinging Canada...

With Frontier or other home Internet - could be some type of safe search block because of the word 'attack' from Frontier to Goog-YouTube? Or just Googyoutube itself.

If it's your cell phones, it could be a similar safe search block (I doubt it since it's not widely spread) or malformed mobile headers of some type causing Googyoutube to think you might be up to something (in or not in combination with your mobile provider)?

I have some security on some sites that will occasionally block some mobile users if they aren't sending good, clear headers, or sending one similar to a previous abuser. The specific IP address can cause that too sometimes. Mobile IP addresses switch a lot so I usually don't report them, and if they're blocked it is most often only temporary.

The "Blocked in your country" is an error coming from settings or a result of your specific request from Googyoutube though. Probably not the video owner since it does not appear to be blocked in the U.S. (or any recently seceded territories :D). And if you don't know already, 'gurgle' does no evil, ...and may be omniscient... (misspelling on purpose in case they read this with one of their magical, mysterious, brilliant, never-wrong bot/ai programs, and decide to squash me like a bug again like they do about every 18 months... ;D)

You can try watching the video directly on YouTube - that might work. You can try the video with a different Internet source - not work. I would never ask any of you to misuse work time to visit this website!!! ::) If you restart your phone you may grab a different IP address. If it is your home Internet - you can try a browser plugin, proxy, VPN, TOR or another private browser service or website. I do it for testing all the time. The nice hackers and spammers who visit my various websites day and night also enjoy using such services often... ::)

Ahhhh... when I tried to watch the video on m.youtube.com I got a message that says "The content owner has not made this video available on mobile. Add to playlist to watch it later on a PC." That might be the real problem if you're trying to watch it on your 'smart' phones.