Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:32:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Back Pain

Started by 10-10 Bass Busters, March 08, 2007, 09:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10-10 Bass Busters

Just wondering if anyone else gets pain in their middle back between the shoulders fishing tourneys.  I thought maybe it was from wearing sandals but shoes didn't help.  The only way I can get it to not hurt to bad is take a muscle relaxer part way through the morning of an event.  anyone else go through this and find away to help prevent it?

fowlmouth

I don't know you so I'm not sure if this will help but last year I had similar issues. I figured it was posture, I talked to my doc and he said I need to lose a few chicken wings and beer. I lost about 10 lbs and it made a huge difference.

10-10 Bass Busters

yeah i need to lose a few of those wings and beers.  and my weight i put on for winter..I keep telling myself i'm not a bear but man do i eat like one!!

fiker

I've had back pain for years.  I've tried several methods to curtail it, as it will never be "cured". 

This is what I've learned through experience, doctors, PT's, and chiropractors.
Problems usually start down low, and work their way up.  This is due to the vertebrae being lined up on top of each other.  The only things holding them there are muscle and ligaments.  You can actually be out of whack in your lower back, but only experience pain in the upper.

Shoes.  Must fit well, feel comfortable, and stablize the body.  I hardly ever go bare foot for very long.  I need the support of a good pair of shoes or sandals.

Muscle tone-  I have several exercises that I do on a semi regular basis to tone those parts of the body that aid in good support of weak areas.

For the area that you describe between the shoulder blades this is what I do.  Lay on my stomach.  Prop up on my forearms and elbows.  Then I kind of do a push up of sorts, I try and bring the shoulder blades as close together as I can, and then as far apart as I can.

Equipment:  For me personally it's a big deal whether or not the trolling motor pedal is above decks, or recessed.  Above deck seems to throw me off to one side and create problems.  If your boat doesn't have a recessed pedal, I know there are a couple of solutions on the market. (IE an aluminum pan that you can build into the deck to accept the pedal)  Some day, I'm going to build myself a recessed fiberglass insert.  I can do that cheaper than the aluminum solution.
There is also a wide variety of seats to try.  I'd like to try the seat that Al Linder has on his boat.  It's more like the seat back on an office chair, but sometimes he sits, and sometimes he leans on it.  I'm trying a bicycle seat that has adjustable height this year.  We'll see how that goes. 
Strong muscles can help alleviate poor back alignment.  Stretching and doing fairly low impact exercises can solve a lot of probems. 
Hope this helps. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

thedude

i have lots of lower back problems... mainly from my bottom 3 vertebrae being out of line and a bone spur on one of them.... if i twist just right it pinches the nerver between the spine and pelvis... i've actually thrown it out setting the hook... missed a few days of work. told my wife i did it that morning taking out the garbage ;) :)

try an elastic back-brace it will help support your back/sholders.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods