Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 02:40:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Wednesday 7/17/13

Started by Revtro, July 17, 2013, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

I love it when the first 5 casts equals the first 5 fish.  That's how my morning started today.  No matter what we threw we caught them, but the best pattern was a small deep diving crankbait over 16.5 FOW.  We just killed em today.  I lost count to be honest, so since I'm not in the habit of BSing, I'll leave it at that.  We caught plenty.  The average size was down a bit...around 2.5-2.75 lbs.  We managed several 3s, but the 4s and up were elusive today. 

The lake was really calm today which allowed us to move around quite a bit.  But the best action was still deep around weeds.  Again, just out in the middle of the US side East of the 400 Club and and Southeast of the Metro point.  It's not hard to find because apparently more guys are figuring it out.  In fact, the bummer of the day was having people witness you catch fish, then motor right up and share your spot with you.  When will these people get a freakin clue?  Ugh.  Before we knew it, we were mobbed by a dozen boats and essentially decided to move because we didn't want to fish the crowd any more.  Didn't matter because we caught em wherever we went today. 

Man it was HOT out there tho.  :o  And the bugs were obnoxious.  In fact, I felt a big bug on the back of my neck near the end of the morning and reached back to shoo it off and it turned out to be a nasty yellow jacket that stung me right on the vertebra.  OUCH!  That sucked.  Thankfully the stinger didn't stay in and it didn't swell for too long.  But it hurt like a bugger for about a half hour.  Fun times. 

At some point, even though I was drinking water, I started to feel a little weird from the heat and sun, so we called it around 11 which was fine with me because it was a scorcher.  Another great morning on the best lake in the world.  I feel blessed to live here.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

PineLk 49

Great report Rev!! My fishing partner and I had a tourney there a couple of years ago and had that experience you did with fish. 

As for the (wave runners, boaters) fisherman, I carry a special rod for them. Flipping stick with a 1oz jig or rattletrap and let it fly when people get to close and are inconsiderate of others.

My best catch is a wave runner. Led  it out front (kind of like duck hunting) and line went across him. He fell off yelling please dont yank sir. Got back on and putted away. Not sure why I never saw him again. ;D

I own about every watercraft there is and I respect everyone that is on any water. If someone drives one of them, it is my first rule(RESPECT FOR ALL WATER CRAFT ON THE WATER).

All lakes are big enough for everyone to enjoy, as long as we show respect for one another. But there is a breaking point where you have to stand your ground.

Dave