Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:19:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Another KVD Sighting

Started by tim4081, June 03, 2013, 07:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim4081

My son was off work today so he took the boat out to Spring Lake.  He was fishing the bridge area at the entrance to Pettys bayou when he noticed a fully wrapped bass boat doing the same.  As he got closer he realized it was Kevin.  They talked for a minute and then went separate ways.  Son said KVD didn't stick around too long and he headed back toward the Grand/Lake Michigan.  I guess he's checking out more of the area in prep for the all star event.

Mike S.

I don't think he's worried too much about the allstar event. He said "if he even qualifies".  He also said that the word hasn't gotten out about whether or not it will be kept to Muskegon, or if they can run to other lakes. I guess we will see shortly.

tim4081

I really hope they open it up.  Be really interesting to see who makes a run up to White or down to the Grand.  And then throw in the weather/wind issue they might face on the big lake.  I think limiting it to just Muskegon would make it less exciting.....just MHO.

dominater

I'm hoping they keep the big lake open.  I want to see someone make a long run in search of smallmouth gold!

Skulley

Quote from: dominater on June 04, 2013, 08:26:29 AM
I'm hoping they keep the big lake open.  I want to see someone make a long run in search of smallmouth gold!

That would mean he would have to run all the way around to St. Clair.   :o.   Just saying.   ;)

BD.                       ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

fiker

Speaking of St. Clair.  I was there yesterday.  We saw  Kim Stricker filming an episode for Hook N Look. We stayed a reasonable distance away but pretty sure that's who it was.  Who else laughs like that, has Strike King on the side of his black Ranger boat, two power poles and an Etec for an engine? 

The guy on the front of the boat sure fished like KVD.  Same silhouette, same casting and retrieving technique.  Like I said we weren't too close, but pretty sure it was him too.   They have done several shows on Clair together in the past so why not?

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Hoekset

Pretty sure KVD is in the top 3 in AOY points. Also, aren't a few of the guys who make the All-Star event up to a fan vote? So yeah...he'll be there.  ;)

djkimmel

There a 4 fan favorite spots up for grabs. There's also the new rookie of the year spot and Classic champion:

"The 2013 Bassmaster Classic champion and Bassmaster Elite Series Rookie of the Year will join the Top 8 anglers in Toyota Bassmaster Angler of the Year points and the Top 4 vote-getters in an online fan vote in the third annual All-Star competition. All 14 anglers will compete on the first two days, Sept. 27-28, and their combined tournament weights will be used to determine the Top 4, who will advance to the final round."

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: fiker on June 05, 2013, 08:09:20 AM
Speaking of St. Clair.  I was there yesterday.  We saw  Kim Stricker filming an episode for Hook N Look. We stayed a reasonable distance away but pretty sure that's who it was.  Who else laughs like that, has Strike King on the side of his black Ranger boat, two power poles and an Etec for an engine? 

The guy on the front of the boat sure fished like KVD.  Same silhouette, same casting and retrieving technique.  Like I said we weren't too close, but pretty sure it was him too.   They have done several shows on Clair together in the past so why not?

They are on 'spring break' so lots of things like that are getting done right now. Could have been him or JVD. JVD was just over there on St. Clair with Dave Mercer taping for Facts of Fishing. I think Jonathon already taped with Kim at Green Bay if I remember Hook N' Look Facebook posts so it was probably Kevin. Busy busy busy...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

t-bone

I was up at Lake Charlevoix last weekend and I ran into Kim and Danny at the ramp. They were filming an episode and had done the diving portion that day. He was with the Strike King marketing manager. He told me that was 2 in the can and 11 more to do. They are busy getting the next season ready. Kim showed me pictures of a huge pike they caught and some nice smallies. Gave us some info on what the fish were doing that was helpful for the tournament.

Quote from: fiker on June 05, 2013, 08:09:20 AM

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

There's some stuff going on up there lately for sure.

Mike S.

I hope they can't run. I want to see the pro's fish my home water.  I want to watch them without
spending a couple hundred dollars for gas that weekend.

Genie

Agreed ... I want it closed.  It's only 14 boats!
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

red68prostreet

The sighting of KVD with Kim this past week is not true. It was the  winner of the Boat US Angler contest they recently had. I had the pleasure of helping Kim film this past tues and wed. I have to say watching them catch 96 fish on tues was driving me crazy but wed made up for it as we all got to fish. It was fun but also a lot of work. I did not realize they put a ton of effort into producing a great product for us to view.

djkimmel

Everybody thinks everything is easy as long as they don't have to do it. I'm usually pretty sore after 2 or 3 days of the same. My knees and thighs still hurt from my last shift. Kim and Danny add that diving underwater dimension. Good thing you don't have drive some kind of underwater camera boat for them!?! ;D I know it is brutal to watch other people stroke lots of bass for a day or two or three. Especially BIG smallies! But you can definitely imagine (and even feel!!) all those hooksets you get to watch...

Thanks for setting the record straight!

Sure helps KVD's mystique to have people spotting him everywhere!! ;D I thought he might have made it across state one day to the next since he is one busy, busy person but seems to somehow pull it off... I'm pretty sure Kevin will be on Kent Lake this Monday though! People can still get in to watch and eat for a $100 donation towards charity.

I still think they will not allow them to run at Muskegon with only 14 boats. There will only be 4 boats on White for the finals. Again, can't see them allowed to run. I think the vote is tilted against running but tournament anglers being the creatures they are, there may be some lobbying going on... :D

fiker

Quote from: red68prostreet on June 07, 2013, 01:39:45 PM
The sighting of KVD with Kim this past week is not true. It was the  winner of the Boat US Angler contest they recently had. I had the pleasure of helping Kim film this past tues and wed. I have to say watching them catch 96 fish on tues was driving me crazy but wed made up for it as we all got to fish. It was fun but also a lot of work. I did not realize they put a ton of effort into producing a great product for us to view.

Thanks.  I couldn't tell from our distance.  I knew it was Kim by his laugh and his boat, but the guy up front and the one in the very back I couldn't tell for sure.  Thanks for clarifying.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

djkimmel

I wonder if they would use counterintelligence / propaganda techniques?

Naw... fishermen wouldn't do that. ;D

motocross269

I saw KVD on Charlevoix last week with a camera boat in front of Young's state park.....Don't remember the exact day, after 7 days in a row of fishing they all start to run together.

djkimmel

You sure that was KVD last week???

He can sure get around. Maybe even be in 2 places at one time for real!?! :o

I can't wait to see where he is spotted next?!? ;D

How close did you get? Close enough to hear him? Close enough to see how many people in the camera boat or how many people in the TV boat? Was it a day when the waves got up pretty good for a while going down the middle of the lake? If it was Monday, June 3rd, that wasn't KVD. If it was a different day... who knows, maybe he was up there. He does get around!

motocross269

It was a fully wrapped Nitro boat and it sure did look Like KVD's Casting style and profile...I was standing on the shore at Young's state park and he was running the break so However far that is...Probably a couple hundred yards...It was him and another guy on the casting deck, a cameraman in the back of the boat and another Camera boat following him..Someone in a Skeeter looked like...He was throwing a fast moving bait...Not sure if it was a crankbait or a Spinner bait...

It was very windy that day...It could have been Monday because it was really windy on Monday, but I can't remember for sure....

IF it wasn't KVD it was some other pro in a black Nitro Wrapped boat shooting Video....It wasn't a Triton...Whomever it was he was hauling butt down the break casting..