Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:42:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Custom prop guys?

Started by Mike S., May 23, 2013, 04:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

I got to fish with the original owner of my boat on LSC after the Madwags event. We were talking, and I asked him how fast my boat was when he had it. He told me it ran about 7 miles per hour faster than it does for me. I want that 7mph!!  He said he wasn't sure if the prop I have is the one he had or not, but he had one done up by Boger.

Unfortunately, Boger is no longer doing his thing, at least that is what I am gathering from internet research. I could be a name thrower and say I want Croxton to do mine, or anyone else who I stumble across on the net. But better yet, who do any of you know that does prop work?  Who should I have do mine?  I know somebody on here knows someone. Let me know. I'm feeling the itch to run 77 or 78 mph. Oh yeah, it itches all over!!!

Slipkey

I was thinking about our conversation after we talked.  Even with a stock 27P, you should be getting 72-74 pretty regularly. Boger just added some cupping to trailing edges for more lift and a little bit of slip to the leading edges to increase the RPM's right up near the limiter.   Have you checked your pad surface with a straight edge to see if it's developed a hook?  I've got a half quart of black gelcoat in the garage from fixing my motor cowling if you would need it.

Mike S.

I haven't checked that. I will though. Hey, we gotta get out and do some fishing.

Slipkey

Quote from: Mike S. on May 25, 2013, 06:21:46 AM
I haven't checked that. I will though. Hey, we gotta get out and do some fishing.

Absolutely!  I leave next Friday for a week of fishing up on Big Bay de Noc with my dad but I'll be back on the 8th.  Let's plan something for after that .

Mike S.

Sounds good. Thursday is tournament night, but any other evening will work.

motocross269

I have only used Croxton and been very satisfied with his work....

There could be more to your speed loss than prop...Something as simple as the way the boat load is dispersed or maybe just a minor engine issue...Maybe the motor slid down on the Jack plate etc etc

How do your RPMs at WOT look compared to the previous owner???

Mike S.

I'm not even getting 6000 rpm's out of it. As far as load goes, I haven't done anything different or put anything different in the boat.  The only change was the Fortrex last year. My prop does have a few dings in it. I need to get that fixed, and figured I would have someone work a little magic at the same time.

djkimmel

You can't catch a bass going '77 or 78 mph!?!'

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

You also need to remember that the motor has a LOT more hours on it now than it did when Slipkey owned the boat.  I'm sure it's lost some compression over the years, they all do.  Not having a whole skeg might not be helping either... less hydrodynamic with that jagged edge.

There are also a lot of other factors that can easily scrub off a mph our two.  Weather... dry cool air is fastest.  Warmer humid air is the slowest.  Weight, 100 lbs can scrub a mph easy, maybe more.  Poorly distributed weight can also adversly affect speed and handling.

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!