Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:29:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2013 spring madwags open report

Started by LAPORTE, May 13, 2013, 05:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAPORTE

2013 Spring Madwags Open Report

We started off with a boat ride to the mile roads around the 12 mile road. My partner for the day 44mag (No he didn't have a gun with him I asked)

We started fishing in approx. 3 fow thinking the fish would be shallow spawning. This was not the case. I kind of thought we could catch fish on traps or cranks. These are baits I like to use in the spring because I have little faith in them. 

The first fish of the season on St. Clair was a Walleye my partner 44 mag (Robert) caught a nice fish but it was not the kind we were looking for. After catching the walleye and a few more dinks we moved. Our next spot was about a mile south and we moved out to 4-5 fow. Catching fish with the same results as before just a few keeper fish we moved again. As we keep stopping going south and moving out each time. We end up where I take my wife and daughter Trusty 9 mile rd.

Once we arrive at 9 mile I can see a few more boats about 40  of them. It seems everyone takes there wife and kids to 9 mile. Lol.  We picked up some very nice fish. Rob is on fire catching these nice 4 plus pound fish. Oh wait they only weighed 3lbs 2oz on the golden rule. Here I'm thinking man we have about 18lbs to bring in. This is a huge cry from what I have been catching on Belleville.. But after the math though we can only muster up 14.8 for the day and me only kicking in one of those fish for measure.
I had a great time fishing the wind held off the waves made me look like I could drive a boat... Huge thanks to Dan for having the tourney. Thanks to my partner 44 MAG (Robert) I look forward to fishing with him again

Oh yea Robert     DROPSHOT FOREVER!!!!  It's the best way to fish... sorry I couldn't help it..

LaPorte

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Lennybass

Hello Laporte . My name is Lenny . I could use some info on the Belleville lake. Wednesday tourneys .i need to know how to enter and whatever else you can tell me about it.  Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ....  see you out on the water . Fish safe

t-bone

Rob, Andrew and I started out the day out in front of Metro Beach. I had Andrew dragging tubes and Rob and I were throwing reaction lures. The tube was the tickets there but we caught a handful and only a couple keepers. We were in 4-5 foot of water and as we got deeper, we found fewer fish. But I think Rob did catch a 3lb+ there.
Headed down to the blue wall around 10-11 mile. Lots of boats many of the really shallow. We started out in 4-5 ft again. Pretty slow until we hit 6-7 foot and then we would pickup a couple at a time. Jerkbait action was good there and the tube picked up a few was well. I think Rob got another 3+ fish there. We moved in shallow and caught a few dinks and filled in our limit. I think we culled our smallest fish and then it slowed down, so we moved.
Headed down to the flotilla at 9 mile and the mansion. Right away we picked up some fish. Cleaner water and the dropshot was the main producer there. I caught two 3+lbers and that got us too 15.75lbs. End up with 4 over 3+ and a 2.5lber. Never ran into any biggins. Rob and I both lost a fish that probably would have helped a little.

Terry
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

thedude

we went shallow around 12 mile and there were a lot of dinks being caught. I managed a 4lber on a jerkbait amidst all of those fish, but decided to move out to some deeper stuff in hopes of finding the females that had abandoned all the empty nests that were very visible in the clear water.  We keyed in on an area in 9 FOW between 11 and 12 mile that was holding some good fish and we were able to fill our slots with some solid fish in the upper 3s (per the board).  a mango magic erie darter with a 5/16th Kustom Kicker power lock got the most bites - just do-nothing dragging it seemed to be the trick.  I caught a 22" fish that went 6-4 on the board (5-6 in reality) on sunday on the same setup. we ended up with just over 18lbs, hard time finding those 4+ lbers. The better fish were definitley scattered after the stupid weather changes all weekend.

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Team houston

Cy and I started by Selfridge. It was pretty slow but we decided to grind it out there instead of making the cold run to the mile rds. We caught our first 5 on traps. Nothing over 2 3/4. We decided to get away from the crowd and picked one up that was 4.5. A couple more 2lbers on tubes and then I caught a 5.10 on a drop shot. Then we were able to pick up a 3.5 and a 3 on a jerkbait. That gave us 19.10 but we only caught about 12 fish total. Thanks for the enjoyable day on the water Cy.

YpsiBass

VinceR and I started in Anchor Bay.  It was slowwwwwww, but we caught our biggest fish there.  I caught a dink to get us started, but it took an hour to fish that up.  Vince had a 19.5" skinny smallie on a tube I think about 30 minutes after that.  We moved around, but only managed a couple other fish.  Vince had a 14" or 15".  I managed a 19.25" on a drop shot tube.  Caught a 24" pike on a tube.  Around 11 we moved over to the mile roads between 11-12 mile starting in 4.5 FOW.  Fishing seemed more steady there, but couldn't find the big ones.  We caught probably a half a dozen more fish there, all on drop shot for me with the biggest going 18.5".  I felt a lot better fishing there this year than last, but wish we could have broken the 20" mark at some point.

VinceR

Quote from: YpsiBass on May 13, 2013, 11:33:23 AM
VinceR and I started in Anchor Bay.  It was slowwwwwww, but we caught our biggest fish there.  I caught a dink to get us started, but it took an hour to fish that up.  Vince had a 19.5" skinny smallie on a tube I think about 30 minutes after that.  We moved around, but only managed a couple other fish.  Vince had a 14" or 15".  I managed a 19.25" on a drop shot tube.  Caught a 24" pike on a tube.  Around 11 we moved over to the mile roads between 11-12 mile starting in 4.5 FOW.  Fishing seemed more steady there, but couldn't find the big ones.  We caught probably a half a dozen more fish there, all on drop shot for me with the biggest going 18.5".  I felt a lot better fishing there this year than last, but wish we could have broken the 20" mark at some point.

Did I tell you how much I hate fishing a drop shot?

Just kidding. I actually love drop shotting, but some idiot (me) left all of my drop shot baits in the truck. Good place for them. Only soft plastic I had in the boat were 4" tubes and 6" senkos. I forced myself to throw cranks and drag tubes all day. I did manage to hook, and lose another good fish on a tube (not sure how that one came off), and I think YpsiBass hooked and lost a good fish, too. Guess that's why it's called "Fishing" and not "Catching".

Had a blast, though.