Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 04:42:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

tunes on the way to the ramp

Started by bob o, May 08, 2013, 12:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishstick

Both good songs Dan! I think it's classified as post-hardcore/screamo. It's also what gets me through counting and identifying zooplankton at work!

Quote from: djkimmel on May 08, 2013, 09:48:31 PM
Quote from: fishstick on May 08, 2013, 08:54:58 PM
Lately it's been the harder stuff...We Came as Romans, The Amity Affliction, All that Remains or country.

Yeah... but what kind of music do you listen too?

;D :D

Actually, my favorite for a long time was Save yourself by Stabbing Westward but I seemed to be the only fan. Lately, I've liked some screaming song by Red ..? I think called Feed the Machine..? No idea what it's about but I like the sound of it - like 2 cups of coffee! Only song I know by them thanks to Ryan Said who was posting during 2011 about all kinds of music by bands I've never heard of while he was fishing the Elite Series. Thanks for this one song Ryan.

PineLk 49

My fishing partner and I were heading to a tourney and I jumped in the truck and about fell out. This music playing was screaming and I I I, well I dont know? I said " what is wrong with you and what is it"?. He called it mega something and the next song was something biscuit.

Couldnt hardly fish the whole day cause my blood pressure was so high and I worked the baits twice as fast as I should of. Got home and had 6 beers and a Xanax just to feel normal again.

Now when we fish its country, old rock or nothing at all. I called that stuff mega biscuit cause I did not remember the name.

What a waste of $150 at the tourney!!!

Big dreams

Quote from: PineLk 49 on May 09, 2013, 11:50:39 AM
My fishing partner and I were heading to a tourney and I jumped in the truck and about fell out. This music playing was screaming and I I I, well I dont know? I said " what is wrong with you and what is it"?. He called it mega something and the next song was something biscuit.

Couldnt hardly fish the whole day cause my blood pressure was so high and I worked the baits twice as fast as I should of. Got home and had 6 beers and a Xanax just to feel normal again.

Now when we fish its country, old rock or nothing at all. I called that stuff mega biscuit cause I did not remember the name.

What a waste of $150 at the tourney!!!

I just fell out of my chair....seriously

djkimmel

Quote from: fishstick on May 09, 2013, 07:47:35 AM
Both good songs Dan! I think it's classified as post-hardcore/screamo. It's also what gets me through counting and identifying zooplankton at work!

I would have thought zooplankton counting and sorting riveting!! Do they move to the music too??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

If there's not already a band call Mega Biscuit... there should be!! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

2k JIGS

bigjc

Preferably Classic Country, but any Country will do.

bigjc

Quote from: djkimmel on May 09, 2013, 12:28:56 AM
I did remember an old tradition I had in the early tournament years - I always played Nugent - Weekend Warriors on the way out of the work parking lot towards the next event! I believe my stereo at the time was deemed a noise nuisance around parts of Owosso and Lansing... kids ::)...

Thats funny Dan.  I used to have a hunting traditiion, that I always played Nugent (Sunrise) on the way to my hunting destination.  It was sort of a spiritual thing I guess.

TheFishinPollock

I listen to the voices in my head. My radio crapped out about 5 years ago and just never did get around to replacing it .
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

LAPORTE

Quote from: YpsiBass on May 08, 2013, 02:26:10 PM
I cannot confirm nor deny that Don listens to a certain Britney Spears on the way to and from LSC...

You will pay for this Rick...lol  I have Madonna, petshop boys and simple minds all que'd for our trip to Wixom Lake

Here is one of my favorites though

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

bob o

Quote from: LAPORTE on May 10, 2013, 05:25:24 AM
Quote from: YpsiBass on May 08, 2013, 02:26:10 PM
I cannot confirm nor deny that Don listens to a certain Britney Spears on the way to and from LSC...

You will pay for this Rick...lol  I have Madonna, petshop boys and simple minds all que'd for our trip to Wixom Lake

Here is one of my favorites though

hey rick, you can hop in my truck at exit 88 if you can't take the petshop boys all the way up hahahaha

YpsiBass

Quote from: bob o on May 10, 2013, 07:38:04 AM
hey rick, you can hop in my truck at exit 88 if you can't take the petshop boys all the way up hahahaha

I'm more worried about him doing a Lady Gaga's greatest hits as payback.

bob o

Quote from: Baybass on May 10, 2013, 09:13:22 AM
I just love with a capital L loosing myself in anything George Michael or Wham!   XO,XO,XO.  But my all time favorite is Boy George and Culture Club...I can listen all day....in fact make sure you ask me about my love for them.  I love to talk about them.....

thats just not right

BIGSHOW

mikesmiph

After all those posts, I'm kinda embarrassed to say. Anyway, I prefer women singers. We'll leave it at that. LOL

PineLk 49

Quote from: mikesmiph on May 10, 2013, 12:49:42 PM
After all those posts, I'm kinda embarrassed to say. Anyway, I prefer women singers. We'll leave it at that. LOL
How could anyone turn down the Dixie Chicks or Faith Hill. I can at least hear when I get out of the truck and can hear my partner say Get the Net :)

nitroderrek

Eagles - Take It To The Limit

nitroderrek

djkimmel

Quote from: bob o on May 10, 2013, 09:21:29 AM
Quote from: Baybass on May 10, 2013, 09:13:22 AM
I just love with a capital L loosing myself in anything George Michael or Wham!   XO,XO,XO.  But my all time favorite is Boy George and Culture Club...I can listen all day....in fact make sure you ask me about my love for them.  I love to talk about them.....

thats just not right

I was asked to help a member out. I don't like to pick sides... but I have to go with the spouse that is a member! ;D

Watch out for that payback!

HellaBass

This is a good one on the way to the ramp --

TritonTR20

i stuck Jeff listing to country for our 3.5 hour drive!