Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 05:16:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

tunes on the way to the ramp

Started by bob o, May 08, 2013, 12:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjc

Quote from: HellaBass on May 15, 2013, 01:31:50 PM
This is a good one on the way to the ramp --

That is awesome!  My family got a kick out of it.

Big dreams

Big dreams

Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Linkin Park to name a few.  I usually listen to tunes before and during the launch.  The 15-30 minutes on the lake before take off, I usually focus on what I plan on doing (check water temp, weather conditions, reviewing GPS to insure I know exactly where I am going). 

YpsiBass

The last trip out to LSC I was listening to Reel Big Fish.  Yup.

VinceR

The current playlist (actually, CD's loaded in the changer) is a variety of genres. Herbie Hancock (this one is an eclectic mix in itself), Stanley Clarke, Living Colour, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jamiroquai, and The Fugees.

bigjc

Quote from: VinceR on May 16, 2013, 12:35:40 PM
The current playlist (actually, CD's loaded in the changer) is a variety of genres. Herbie Hancock (this one is an eclectic mix in itself), Stanley Clarke, Living Colour, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jamiroquai, and The Fugees.
If we ever fish together...I will have to drive

LAPORTE

Ypsibass Is on his way over to the house right now we are headding up to wixom lake for 3 days .. Im gonna que up the lutheran channel for him. I enjoy it quite a bit... him maybe not so much... this will be payback for his earlier comments..lol

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

VinceR

Quote from: bigjc on May 16, 2013, 10:10:10 PM
Quote from: VinceR on May 16, 2013, 12:35:40 PM
If we ever fish together...I will have to drive

The music that is currently in there is there because I drive by myself most of the time. Actually the Herbie Hancock CD ("Possibilities") runs the gamut from jazz to pop to folk to rock to "the standards".

That said, I have been known to dial up some country western from time to time. And, being a native Detroit rocker, I grew up on Uncle Ted. I'm an "Old School" metal head.

One of my current CD favorites is by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Jazz banjo! How's that for a little country/jazz mix?

About the only music that I can't stomach (in heavy doses) is old Motown (go figure).  

gmetime24

Quote from: HellaBass on May 15, 2013, 01:31:50 PM
This is a good one on the way to the ramp --

That is great!! Looks like I found my new jam on the way to the ramp

TimH

my good friend and fishing/tourney partner is a fan of rap.  I am not.  For the past few years, he has put together a "tournament cd" for us to listen to driving to the tournament.  It has got to be some of the most hardcore explicit rap you can imagine.  I still can't stand rap, but whenever we drive to a tournament, something just seems off if it isn't playing.
I have however been able to open his musically tastes a bit, so its not too bad.
Brian Schrams "Rockin Fish Tales" is a pretty decent listen if you want some good tunes with a fishing theme to it.

fishon1219

Though I haven't fished in a long, long, long time. When I used to fish I always had a custom cassette tape made up repeating the following  BLue Oyster Cult  Godzilla, ACDC For those about to rock , POD here comes the BOOM and Dwight Yokam Long white Cadillac and the Outlaws Ghost riders in the sky.  Don't ask me why, but when I was fishing I would constantly sing these songs in my head and it would seem to keep me at an even pace all day during the event.   
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

djkimmel

Sounds like you need to break out the music and go fishing!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

Quote from: bob o on May 08, 2013, 12:38:07 PM
what do you listen to on the way to the lake jazz, classic rock, heavy metal, punk rock, news ?
classic rock for me, zztop, zepplin, acdc...

Whatever Bruce Springsteen greatest hits that Bob has playing  ;)
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan