Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:05:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Go to novi show

Started by csfishslayer, January 12, 2007, 10:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csfishslayer

Went out to novi show today it was sweet stoped by and talked to dan for a while. stop to watch the seminars they were sweet .
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

bosshawg

haven't got to shop much as i w/club do the trout pond. maybe tomorrow after by 'shift'. had wrif w/us today do do there 'bobbin for trout', was quite hilarious. object was to grab a trout by mouth in the shortest amount of time. winner for a guide trip & lodging did in abt 4 1/2 sec's(?). wcsx to do something tomorrow.
will stop to get nbaa membership & check xtreme tackle for some tubes that i have and not sure where i got them from. think i received them from a tournament - used 'em, loved 'em and now to find 'em........
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

Check Wayne's new colors. I really like them!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

Not only do I really like the new colors, I like the new booth set up that Wayne's come up with.

If you've never met Wayne, you should stop by the Combat Fishing booth, and introduce yourself.  He is a wealth of fishing information, and truely enjoys sharing that information with others. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Skulley

Wayne's Seminar is even better yet.  Full of great St. Clair information.  His approach and technique are awesome. 

BD              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

skeeterman190

headed out to the novi show pretty long haul for me (indiana boy) 2 1/2 hours but well worth the drive. i met and talked with alot of great people. looking for a new champion boat and talked with the guys at  anglers marine and was very impressed with there knowledge and general courtesy. think im gonna buy the 206 they had there really loved it. talked with some guys at the xtreme bass tackle combat fishing booth and picked up some really good lookin tubes,ive always thrown schuberts tubes but think that these tubes will be a new gem in my arsenal. wish i knew some more guys from over that side of the state since im plannin on coming up there and fishing the BFLs so any contacts i can make would be great. seems like everyone here is pretty good company. well till next time -skeeterman190-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Skulley

Those guys at Angler's Marine are great.  I have known the owner Doug for many, many years.  He and his crew will take good care of you.  That 206 is awesome.  As soon as I sell my house, buy another house and move, my lovely bride said I could buy a new boat.  I have been eyeballing that 206 myself. 

BD              ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

DennisB.

That 183 they had there was sweet, I liked the colors alot. the 206 was nice too. I made it for a short time sat afternoon, Saw KVD wich was pretty neat didn't do any shopping. The wife put a lock on te wallet untill I buy her a new van :-\'

djkimmel

I'll be back in Novi all day tomorrow. If it slows down enough, I plan on really checking out those new colors closely at Xtreme Bass Tackle (you can also order them from the link on this page on the right edge). I gave them quick look and I will be catching bass on them this summer!

I did another seminar with Wayne today - it was a lot of fun as usual. I also introduced the Legend - National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame guide legend Bob Brunner.

I stayed to listen to Bob's seminar since he is 82 and has been fishing on Lake St. Clair for 78 years!!!! Amazing the stories and things he has done, and the fish he has caught.

You really have to stop and think that he holds a ton of history in his head that covers decades most of use weren't even alive for. I think we need to hear those stories while we can from living legends like Muskie Bob! Bob says he is only guarantying another 22 years of fishing for himself - his goal is to fish Lake St. Clair for 100 years! That's a lot more stories.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

"it aint bragging if its true"

Thats Brunner for ya!  He truly is a legend.  Hes caught more muskie than you've lied about, Gustaffson!

McCarter himself :-\'

cameraguy

Somebody on this thread needs to learn what the word, "respect" means.  Sometimes opinions need to be kept to yourself.

csfishslayer

Quote from: cameraguy on January 15, 2007, 09:10:57 PM
Somebody on this thread needs to learn what the word, "respect" means.  Sometimes opinions need to be kept to yourself.

Maybe you need to learn some respect. for others opinions. There was nothing wrong with my post all I said is I did not much care for his seminar I did not down him as a man so you should really get an understanding before you talk .
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

Bassman24

Easy boys.  Let's not take this down a regrettable path. 

I never met Bob myself, but have seen him at the shows.  I just hope I can still get in a boat at his age...whatever that may be.  :)

GT
George Terrien

Champion Boats - www.championboats.com

OPTIMA Batteries - www.optimabatteries.com.

NBAA Motor City Inland Challenge - www.nbaabass.com

Highest Honor - www.highesthonor.biz

K&E Team Stopper - www.stopperlures.com

djkimmel

I actually had an idea I like - even though this is GreatLakesBass.com - the GreatLakes part gives me some leeway. I think it would be interesting for some people read some of Muskie Bob's adventures.

I do not know if he would be interested in doing it, but I will ask him later this winter. Some people will not be interested in the stories, but I think many would be.

We can all choose what to read and not to read, and who to listen to and not to listen too. We all have different tastes and interests to some degree. I just want to make sure the variation here supplies something interesting for everyone.

As far as this thread, I hear that Champion Boats was happy to see some of the comments here, but I do realize that Muskie Bob probably would not feel too good about hearing he is boring to someone.

Let's not get mad here or think Dan is pointing fingers before you all read this first: Muskie Bob has earned his way into the Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame as a legendary guide, and that rare honor should not surprisingly come with some expectation of honored treatment.

He has a lot of friends on here who will also not surprisingly be pretty protective of his honor and standing. I don't want a fight on my hands here that will get us nowhere.

Just remember when we post that a lot of people are reading, often including the person or company we are talking about (this thread was bouncing around the PDAs of several company reps at the Novi show already on Sunday for example). There may be a value to a company to hear what customers think about their product in fair and honest manner - constructive criticism or praise, but for a person - the value is not the same.

What I mean by this, is Muskie Bob isn't going to change who he is or what he talks about because he is doing it for the people who DO want hear what he has to say, not for the people who aren't interested. I'm sure Muskie Bob knows there are people who aren't interested as I know there are people who aren't interested in what I have to say.

I'm not fond of constructive criticism myself, as many probably also feel, but I can understand it when someone tells me something I could do better personally in an effort they believe is to help me be a better speaker, or webmaster, or conservation director, etc.

There is no real constructive criticism for Muskie Bob Brunner in such comments. It will probably only be seen as an insult instead, and therefore provide no positive value to anyone. I think what is trying to be said is, yes we are entitled to our opinion, but there are some opinions that are better kept to ourselves - when they provide no value other than maybe to hurt someone's feelings - especially someone like Muskie Bob who is very popular with a lot of people.

For example, I might post that I thought the sound system wasn't set right, or the visuals where hard to see during Dan Kimmel's seminar, but I would not publicly say I thought Dan Kimmel laughed like a hyena and I had to leave. It wouldn't be very nice and if Dan Kimmel does laugh like a hyena, maybe he can't help it. Just a silly example of criticism that I would keep to myself.

I have gotten up and left a few seminars, but I normally will sit through a seminar if I have chosen to start listening out of respect for the person who is probably working pretty hard to provide value to me.

Being someone who does seminars, I know this can throw the speaker off when they see someone get up and leave. We do expect some things when we choose to talk, such as people getting up and leaving (or sleeping). I always try to concentrate on the people who are interested and take it with a grain of salt when someone ends up not impressed or entertained. Of course, I'm also not a legend in the Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame. :)

djkimmel

Of course - I have now just set myself up for and reinforced what is probably my number one 'constructive criticism' I hear often - "boy are you wordy!!!" ;D

Luckily, none of perfect - thank goodness! ;D

gbaade

Well said Dan.

As far as Bob Bruner goes. He was having a hard time due to things completely out of his control. Trolling motor operation almost knocking him in the water and sound system being 2 big reasons.I think most peoples mind would start to stray under those circumstances. Especially if your his age. He seemed like a really happy, funny guy who would be a blast to actually fish with. He even talked Smallies for a bit for all the people not talented enough to catch the monsters he does.

I watched his seminar even though I dont Musky fish because the man is a legend. Were there some technical difficulties leading to his delivery of the seminar being interupted? Yes! Could anyone on this site give out a fraction of the info he has in his head?No!

G Baade

McCarter

I know csfishslayer personally and he really is a good guy.  i know he didnt mean any offense.  I think he just found the seminar boring the same way a die hard muskie hound might find a kevin van dam seminar boring.

I will tell you this.  I know muskie bob personally.  i have met him and talked with him several times.  While i dont care for muskie fishing, some of his stories are quite interesting.  But whenever i talk to him, i quickly switch gears from muskie to smallmouth.  That man might be the KVD of muskie fishing, but he has caught and witnessed more smallmouth over 7 lbs in LSC than anyone on the planet i would imagine.  he is a wealth of information for anything involving LSC.  He has some pictures of smallmouth that will make you wet yourself.  

Some of his methods for catching giant smallmouth might seem 'old school', but he convinced me to buy more than one RED EYE and take to casting up in anchor bay hoping for a monster.  Havent caught any real pigs but i have cranked in a few 4s and maybe a 5 or 2.

And like Dan said, he is in the freaking Hall of Fame.  That says it all right there.  Plus, the dude is 82 years old and is still fishing, and on big water.  Hats off!

Anyone who has seen him or heard his seminar and quickly lost interest, i am telling you to get him one on one and talk smallies with him.  tell him to show you some pictures.  you will be convinced, too.

McCarter himself :-\'

P.S.  h2o knows a thing or 2 about smallies too.  he is always around the shows and always willing to share tips and spots.  He likes to marry baits too, which is awesome when done within state and federal guidelines.  HA!  Just kidding h2o, you know i love ya!  

Skulley

Boy, you guys had me worried there for a minute.  I wasn't feelin' any love here.  I sure am glad you all got this ironed out.  Peace Brother!!!!

BD          ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Well, you've got someone marrying baits apparently. I missed that one somehow!

I talked to csfishslayer and bassackwards a couple times this weekend so I got to know them both a little better. csfishslayer has helped with our Fish-n-Friends event too.

I just always want to take opportunities to remind all of us that so many people who aren't registered members are reading our comments on here. Always challenging when we post since facial expressions and intent is hard to tell or can be misinterpreted too. I have to be the poster child for postings that work people up sometimes?!?

I'm NOT trying to say someone was bad or broke any rules here. Just trying to keep things fun, informative and friendly as always on GreatLakesBass.com knowing that we are a varied group of anglers.

Skip Johnson

I know csfishslayer personely hes a cool dude but I wish hed just be honest and admit it wasnt bobs seminar that made him leave after 20 minutes it was the fact that he was a kid in a candy store and couldnt sit still, just tooo much good stuff ;D

its all good chris ;)
Go Big or Go Home!