Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:23:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Go to novi show

Started by csfishslayer, January 12, 2007, 10:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csfishslayer

OK skip you caught me lol. It was a wonder land of tackel. And thanks Brian and Dan. Just To clear things Up I did Not mean any disrespect With my last post and if I affended anyone Im sorry.
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

cameraguy

Quote from: djkimmel on January 16, 2007, 01:31:36 PM

...I'm not fond of constructive criticism myself, as many probably also feel, but I can understand it when someone tells me something I could do better personally in an effort they believe is to help me be a better speaker, or webmaster, or conservation director, etc.

There is no real constructive criticism for Muskie Bob Brunner in such comments. It will probably only be seen as an insult instead, and therefore provide no positive value to anyone. I think what is trying to be said is, yes we are entitled to our opinion, but there are some opinions that are better kept to ourselves - when they provide no value other than maybe to hurt someone's feelings - especially someone like Muskie Bob who is very popular with a lot of people...

Dan, you hit the nail on the head.  Bob is a friend of mine and I've tried a couple of times to get him to this site.  Knowing how sensitive he is to negative comments (especially comments with no constructive value) if he saw those posts, he probably wouldn't come back.  There is no call for denigrating a Hall of Fame fellow angler, who also happened to put his feet on Omaha Beach in June, 1944.  Bob deserves to be shown respect.  So those two posts really raised my hackles.  I had to maintain a good deal of control to keep my response civil.  Everybody is entitled to an opinion but it's not always smart to convey them in a public forum which is known for it's civility and good will between it's members.   

Skip Johnson

I vote to have the "accidental" negative post removed as to not hurt anyones "Bobs" feelings!
chris do you mind?
Dan?
Go Big or Go Home!

csfishslayer

csfishslayer

djkimmel

Thanks members and friends! Once again - you've shown that we can learn a lot, have fun and set a great example for everyone else without fanning fires that aren?t even really there. Thanks to csfishslayer in particular. We can work things out, stay friends and move on.

I really do plan on talking to Bob about doing some articles. I know some people would really like to read that. I already know that not everyone reads every part of the web site ;D? in fact, several people have recently told me that my web site is too big and too confusing ;D To those people - I?m sorry. Meanwhile, I need to find some more spare time.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Genie

I can give you some spare time ...
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

djkimmel

Ok - what's it look like!?!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Genie

Have some of mine ...
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

djkimmel

Am I supposed to jump off of that?

Skulley

It sure is nice to be feeling the "LOVE" again!!!!!!!     ;)

BD          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com