Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:25:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

C Flash

Started by Mojo, March 24, 2013, 12:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Expert question, if I could only buy 2 C flash for LSC, what size and what color?

If you are tight lipped, PM me?  I'm going to get a few next week. I'd be appreciative !
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Modrak

1 is color.... I have had good success with Threadfin Shad and Lemonaid on St.Clair as I know some of the other guys who fish the C Flash do.
2 the size.... you can't limit yourself to just one size but if you want to keep it simple stick with the 22 magnum and the 44 magnum you can control the depth with line size and reel speed. The lake and the fish change every year so you have to experiment what worked last year may not work this year. Last year was a prime example of that.
You better by more than one of each, the muskies like them too!

BIGSHOW

I was checking them out. Sure seems expensive. Are they that good? Just curious. I mean if I found the "perfect" bait I would pay $$$$. But with so many crankbaits under 10 bucks. The site I looked on they were 22.50.

LGMOUTH

As far as the size, I would go with the 22 mag like Modrak suggested but also the 38. As far as the color goes again I would go with the Thread fin as Modrak suggested but also the brown craw. The brown craw in the 38 worked real well last spring. Again Im with Modrak, you should get more than two.....

And YES bigshow they are more than worth the price. Is it the PERFECT bait, no, but it is close.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Manxfishing

FYI

MikesRx sells the c-flash and he's a sponser on GLB

http://shop.mikesrxbaits.com/category.sc?categoryId=5

karol

one of the big bait shops in northern indiana has an auction this saturday and he's a dealer for the c-flash so what would be a good color for wawasee area?..thanks..Karol

Mojo

Thank you gentlemen, Anyone reading this - ensure to use the GLB links when you look and buy. Mikes RX is just one, Sportsmans Direct is another.

Next Crankin question: was at the GR show and also saw RAM cranks.  Seems comparable to the C flash.  Is it ?

Lastly, I seem to do extremely well with shallow inland cranks, and cranks on LSC in up to 12 fow.  I seem to struggle with consistent bites in deeper waters. I think this is true for many anglers.  The DD 22 wasn't the answer for me, but I guess I should throw it more than 10 times before putting it down.  

Is there a good deep water answer besides DS and tubes ?

Redbone

RAM cranks are made from foam. They have a one piece aluminum design for hook hangers. I have used these baits and they go through the water real nice. You just have to keep an eye on them to make sure they stay in tune.

C-Flash are made from Balsa. I havent fished with these so I do not know about the design. I am not sure if they use a through wire or screw inserts. Or if they are made from a solid piece of wood or two pieces glued together. (Im curious, so if anyone knows, let me know. :))

Balsa has more boyency than foam. And that might make them hunt a little more. I would say both baits are top of the line. But that is reflected in the price. Would I rather have 1 RAM or 1 C-Flash over 3 Rapalas? Yes.

LGMOUTH

Karol, emerald shiner  ;)

As far as the comparison between C Flash and Ram, They are completely different. They may look the sameish ( I know thats not a word) but they have totally different characteristics. The C Flash has a very wide wobble sort of like the old wiggle warts, the RAM baits have a tighter wobble. And for the buoyancy, Im not sure on other foam baits but the RAM bait is extremely buoyant. Way more than the C Flash balsa bait. They each have their purposes but they are not the same.

The C Flashes are a one piece balsa wood with screw inserts, and yes the RAM has a metal wire all the way through. They are both great crankbaits and you would be doing yourself a favor by trying them both out and using the one that suits your type of fishing best.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: Redbone on March 25, 2013, 09:12:19 AM
RAM cranks are made from foam. They have a one piece aluminum design for hook hangers. I have used these baits and they go through the water real nice. You just have to keep an eye on them to make sure they stay in tune.

C-Flash are made from Balsa. I havent fished with these so I do not know about the design. I am not sure if they use a through wire or screw inserts. Or if they are made from a solid piece of wood or two pieces glued together. (Im curious, so if anyone knows, let me know. :))

Balsa has more boyency than foam. And that might make them hunt a little more. I would say both baits are top of the line. But that is reflected in the price. Would I rather have 1 RAM or 1 C-Flash over 3 Rapalas? Yes.

Density to density foam is much more bouyant than balsa - if you hollowed out a RAM in the center like that of a C-flash it would probably float into space......
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Waterfoul

Do NOT slap a C-Flash on the water to get weeds off it.  You will be buying a replacement.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Skulley

Quote from: Waterfoul on March 28, 2013, 07:07:11 PM
Do NOT slap a C-Flash on the water to get weeds off it.  You will be buying a replacement.

Right there I would not spend $22.50 on a crank bait.  I use crank baits more than anything else in my tackle box.  You can get really carried away on those baits.  I ought to know, I own thousands of them..........no kidding.  Anyway, if I'm going to use a balsa wood crank, I'll tie on a Rapala or a Poe's.  I got some of those.  Belleville was a good Poe's crank bait lake. 

BD                                 ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Redbone

Density to density foam is much more bouyant than balsa - if you hollowed out a RAM in the center like that of a C-flash it would probably float into space......
[/quote]

There are very few foams that have the buoyancy of balsa. There is foam that is, but it is tough to work with because it leaves a poris shell. And you can also add micro balloons to others like alumifoam but I believe that still might not be enough. I am not sure of what RAM's are made of but they have a good process, whatever it is.
   I made a balsa bait that is almost an exact a replica of a RAM. It is only two grams heavier. and I would not be suprised if the two grams are from the epoxy that I used. Today I put them in a sink filled with water and did a bobber test. They both reached the top at the exact same time. I tried it several times with the same results. If the C-flash baits does not have similiar buoyancy as the RAMS do it is because the amount of belly weight used, not the material.

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: Redbone on March 29, 2013, 11:54:17 AM

There are very few foams that have the buoyancy of balsa. There is foam that is, but it is tough to work with because it leaves a poris shell. And you can also add micro balloons to others like alumifoam but I believe that still might not be enough. I am not sure of what RAM's are made of but they have a good process, whatever it is.
   I made a balsa bait that is almost an exact a replica of a RAM. It is only two grams heavier. and I would not be suprised if the two grams are from the epoxy that I used. Today I put them in a sink filled with water and did a bobber test. They both reached the top at the exact same time. I tried it several times with the same results. If the C-flash baits does not have similiar buoyancy as the RAMS do it is because the amount of belly weight used, not the material.

[/quote]

Have you gotten the blacklights out yet?  Experiments like the one(s) you are doing are what makes these conversations so interesting.....
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

thedude

Totally don't work. Buy strike kings instead.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Genie

I switched away from cflash to strike king and have started catching more fish.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Cy

Quote from: Genie on March 29, 2013, 08:33:04 PM
I switched away from cflash to strike king and have started catching more fish.

I have too...it is amazing how well those strike king baits work.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

BIGSHOW

Strike king for me too. Price,colors and puts fish in the boat. What more can you ask for.

thedude

the woorden's flatfish or Yum dancin-eel are even better.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Mojo

Bigshow that is one sic title pic !! If that dont describe every one of us I dont know  !!!!!