Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:07:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Leaving the state for a bit

Started by mikesmiph, March 23, 2013, 07:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesmiph

I recently got a new job that is going to be taking me out of state. Tomorrow I will be leaving for the Atlanta GA area for about 6 months. My schedule is going to be fairly free so I hope to come home for some tournaments. I will remain active on this site, and look forward to everyone's fishing reports. I will also be telling you about my awesome fishing trips in Georgia and Alabama, and anywhere else down there that we decide to fish. I've already had a few tell me they are coming down to visit. This is highly recommended. I would love a chance to see some of you. If I don't see you, have a great and fish filled summer. You people are like family to me.

fiker

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Mike S.

Good luck and safe travels Mike. Didn't see you at the show. You have my number. Call anytime if you get bored.

YpsiBass

Six months? Will you be back in time for the GLB west side tournament? Don't get too used to the warmer weather Mike.  Also, please don't get spoiled by Florida strain largemouths.  Safe travels as well.  Won't be the same without you and Veronica.

djkimmel

At least now I know you really did tell me Atlanta Georgia. People kept telling me Atlanta Michigan at the show. Make sure you keep extra sun screen around. You will need it more often. Will send you some pictures of GIANT smallmouth to show your new friends.

Hope you remembered to pack some Alabama rigs?!? ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Best of luck Mike.  Now who the heck is going to grill the weenies at the Spring DK open?????

Mojo

Make sure you pass my cell along to your family so Veronica and Caelyn can get together on the pontoon this year. OR PM me something so we can get em out to the beach..... And when you come back, m'e casa sou casa ....
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

t-bone

Good luck with your adventure - sounds like fun and some good fishing opportunities!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

I heard he might make it back for the MadWags. I think we will need a different weenie roaster though??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

Well guys, for those who aren't friends on FB, I'm back in Michigan. Timing is everything. A small area hail storm hit in Michigan a couple weeks ago and my company wanted me back due to my knowledge of the area. So, here I am. Unless something happens with one of these tropical storms, I'll probably be here till spring. Can't wait to get on some of these lakes. And yes, we will be at the fall MadWags.

fiker

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

YpsiBass

mikesmiph

djkimmel

How did you manage to pull all this off? Until next spring? How big was the hail?!? ;D

Mojo

The man is back ! Take him fishing!
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

mikesmiph

But, leaving again. Back to the Atlanta (Georgia Dan) area. Hopefully just for a couple weeks.