Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:13:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2006 DK Open----When???

Started by Skulley, January 16, 2006, 03:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

Hey Dan.....Any thoughts as to when you may have your annual DK Open????  My daughter and I are going to come out and fish.  After reading some of the threads from the old forum, it sounds like fun.  Are you planning to go back to Lake Ovid.  Never been on that lake but I hear there are some big largemouth there.  I guess I have a bad case of cabin fever.  Need a fishing fix.  Trophy bass computer game just isn't doing it for me.  I need the real deal.  Being an auto worker for DCX, I had today off and I went out to breakfast this morning with my daughter and she wants the spring to get here so she can try out her new rod and reel she got from Santa.  She is ready to fish and so is her Dad......

BD   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

i want to fish it this year also...  seems like the new thing is to give away a boat for first place...  a new Ranger Z21 would be great...  although i am sure the entry fee would have to go up to 30.00 or something like that.

how about Cass lake for us easterners... 

ss

Skulley

Cass Lake, Orchard Lake, or any of the other good lakes in Oakland County would be good.  Hey, how about Belleville or Ford????  Better yet, what about Tipsico or the Pickney Chain (Portage Chain) or even the Halfmoon Chain.  At this point of the winter, I just want to fish................

BD    ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

never fished Tipisico but it is a pretty looking lake... 

djkimmel

I guess I better start looking at the tournament calendar and matching things up. We could do a poll for the lake after some more guys put up some choices. Ovid was fun. It's a drive, but we had people there from way up north and to the west too.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dhuff

I wanted to make it last year but it conflicted with other tournaments that I was in.  I would like to make it there this year as long as it dosn't conflict with other divisions I am planning on fishing.

Revtro

I'll be there.  We had a great time last year.  I liked the fact that is was away from home and I got to camp out for a couple of days.  Anywhere is fine with me Dan.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

It would be great to get thirty (30) boats there.? How many did you have last year Dan????? It could become one of the Premier Bass Tournaments in Michigan, Dan.? Everybody who is anybody would be there.

Imagine That!!!!!
BD? ? ?8)

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

For many reasons, it was tough to meet many of our needs. I think we had 13 members there that day. Things were a little bumpy, but overall, it seemed like we all had a good time seeing who was who and catching some bass. I got a great picture of everyone that was there on the old forum.

I'll do my best to come up with a lake and date with the least amount of conflicts. Probably best later in the year again, but that is up to everyone not just me.

Throw out some lakes and I'll check out the circuits anglers are talking about to see the date of least resistance.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

how about Kent.  that is half way....... we could all tie our boats to POORBOY and fish as a big raft party...  i am partial to Cass since it is about 3 miles from my house..
so many decisions and it is only Jan....

think spring..

McCarter

I will second for Kent Lake or Cass Lake.  Both are great lakes with good largemouth and smallmouth populations.  Both have a ton of fishable water.  Both are close to home ;D.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Cheetam

Cass is cool if it is later in the season...Kent is always good regardless of date because of the 10mph speed limit.  If everyone hooks up to Poorboy's boat, then maybe someone can show him how to catch fish out there... :D
Jeff

McCarter

i can catch fish out there, just not when anyone else is around.  im a loner Dotti, a rebel.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

blakstr1

Poorboy's Playhouse..the secret word for today is Kent Lake...haa--haa...  where did you get that bike Poorboy??   :P
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

"Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya..."

I love that line...but it got even funnier after discovering that my limo bus driver on my wedding day was a "husky" woman named Marge.  She kinda looked like a truck driver, and drove that thing like Gravedigger...no kidding...I swear we flattened a couple compacts on the way to the reception...
Jeff

Skulley

All those lakes are good.? I think you could maybe try to do it like the first Bassmaster Classic where all the anglers were on an airplane headed there and Ray Scott did not announce it until then.? You could do it by email and let everyone know the day before.? Or just put a bunch of lake names in a hat and pull one.? Go with Kent, Cass, Belleville, Ford, Ovid, Tipsico (which is not that far from Kent), Whitmore, Fenton, Halfmoon Chain, Portage Chain, Lobdell, Orion, Lakeville, etc.? If you want a mix bag of Smallmouth and Largemouth then Kent, Cass, Belleville, and Ford best fit that.? All the rest are good largemouth lakes although there are smallies on Halfmoon and Portage.? There are so many.? All good.? So hard to choose.? Life is full of important choices............ ::)

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dhuff

Most of them are all good lakes.  Just a matter as to what part of the year it happens will dictate which lakes are a little better.

djkimmel

Do you guys prefer to catch more 'McCarters' or bigger 'cheetams'...?

Or is it bigger 'McCarters' or more 'cheetam'...? I get confused.

Basically, do you prefer a lake with lots of bass, or a lake with a better shot at some big bass?

dartag

Quote from: djkimmel on January 18, 2006, 11:14:59 PM
Do you guys prefer to catch more 'McCarters' or bigger 'cheetams'...?

Or is it bigger 'McCarters' or more 'cheetam'...? I get confused.

Basically, do you prefer a lake with lots of bass, or a lake with a better shot at some big bass?

one as close to my house as possible.  Cass because i can sleep longer... and lots of smallies...
kent because it is close to my work and i can practice after work..  or go watch Revto fish on lunch hour...

i know the Ranger Boat may be a little out of your budget but i can get you a deal on one of these...

i have contacted the dealer about the live well and cup holders..

McCarter

It depends on who you ask Dan.

If you ask jeff, then he would say more mccarters, but bigger cheetams.

But if you ask anyone else in the world, they all know that mccarters are big fish and cheetams are little bittys.

Unless you are refering to carp in which case a cheetam is a huge carp ( or dogfish ) caught on bass tackle and perhaps at one point in the fight thought to be a new state record bass.

:D ;D ;)                             ::) ;D :-*                           8) :o :P
PoorBoy himself ;)