Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:58:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2006 DK Open----When???

Started by Skulley, January 16, 2006, 03:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinninbug

Yep Dan you remembered right,  the only time I don't fish with my husband I fish with two of my fishin buddies from Jackson, emeryj being one of those.  This year I will be fishing with my husband only though we are fishing a team club this year.

I think my husband thinks he's created a freak.  He knows when I've been slow at work and come home and talk about what I read online about fishing.
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

Skulley

Lots of great choices on where to go.......How about when????   It maybe too early to ask this but.....I want to make sure I block the date for this......no matter where it is. 

My wife is a fishing wife.  She just won't fish tournaments.  She thinks it takes the fun out of fishing.  Too much pressure she says.  So I got an alternate partner.....my daughter.  She is a better fisherman......I mean fisherperson than the bride anyway.  She puts fish in the boat and she likes the $$$$ when we do well.  But the best part is I get to fish with my kid.

BD     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

fiker

I don't care what lake.  I've never had much lunk on Kent, but that's ok.  Maybe my partner can show me how. 
You might have trouble with the Portage chain out by Pinckney.  There's not much of a boat launch (in terms of parking places) and the township has a rule that it not be opened too early.  I think it's 8:30, but am not positive.
Ovid was cool last year.  A drive for me, but that's ok.  I liked it, and will definately go back in warm weather.

Met a lot of cool guys last time. Had a ball.  Will definately be back.

I like the September time frame again.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Skulley

I myself have no trouble making it to Ovid.  I understand it is a real good largemouth lake.  I have never been there, but would welcome a chance to check it out.  I may try to make it out there sometime during this coming season whether it is picked or not.

BD     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Quote from: spinninbug on January 23, 2006, 05:17:55 PM
I think my husband thinks he's created a freak. He knows when I've been slow at work and come home and talk about what I read online about fishing.

Hmmm? Sounds pretty normal to me...;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Hooksetter

By the number of posts here it looks like the 2006 DK Open is going to be three times as big as last year. Thats awesome! Last year was a good time. Looking forward to this year no matter where it is.

BigDog, I hear ya! There is nothing like fishing with your kids. I have three daughters, 24, 21 and 19. They all like to fish. They don't fish alot but they like it alot.

For the last 5 years I've spent Fathers Day fishing a daddy-daughter tournament with one of my daughters. I look forward to that more than any other tournament I fish. Last year we managed to win. That was even better. Now my daughter Amber has her name engraved on the traveling trophy that she gets to keep until next years tournament.

My wife also likes to fish and she fishs a few tournaments with me also. The family that plays together stays together!

Life is GOOD!
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.