Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:09:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

dams

Started by stackenem, January 03, 2007, 04:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stackenem

Does anybody know where the first dam on the titabawasse river is after it leaves the saginaw. Looking to do some walleye fishing.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

MaizeNBlue

Stack, just pull your boat out, and lets to Erie, to PB's "Hot Pond"!!

McCarter

Its not my hot pond.  Ive only been there once.  i will have to fish it at least 3 more times before i claim it as my personal property.

McCarter himself :-\'

fishon1219

bill,
I think the first dam is in midland just down from the dow chemical facility. Were you planning on shore fishing or were you going to haul your boat. I am planning a trip up there this weekend, I dont know if it is going to be saturday or sunday yet, but I here they are catching lots of fish in the river by hooters and a spot they call the "Y". I have never been up there, but by the way it sounds it shouldnt be very hard to find out were to start. Just look for all of the boats and go at it. Let me know if you are going to go and maybe we can hook up together and cover some water and findem so we can catchem.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

stackenem

just looking to do some shore fishing. Not uncovering the boat just yet got some problems.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

McCarter

All i heard was blah blah blah blah HOOTERS blah blah blah.

stackenem

Aren't you married now?

McCarter

Exactly!  What married fella doesnt like Hooters?  Best wings in town!

jcox7

I like Hooters there wings suck though but there staff is hotttttttttttttttttttt

djkimmel

The first dam is Midland dam by Dow as stated. I haven't gone up that far - pretty shallow I'm told. Been a few years, but I did some walleye fishing through there in November/December before.

We did best just downstream from the train bridge in the Titabawassee. Caught a few near a golf course too. Some real treacherous spots for boats. I remember some old ruin - maybe leftover from a bridge right out in the middle unmarked back then that took some lower units. Ruins by the train bridge. Gravel and rock bars in a few places too.

I've heard this fall and last - the Hooters run has been hot! I'm talking fishing here, not memories of my favorite waitress of all times (she scratched my back for me once ;D) - she always had a nice cold Coke on the table as soon as I sat down... er, oh... I was talking fishing wasn't I?

I think the 'Y' is where the the Shiawassee, Cass and Titabawassee (and further down - the Flint) rivers all come together to form the Saginaw if I remember right - not sure though.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bosshawg

was just at hooter's last nite. busy as hell, service was slow, but love them wings and the scenery ain't to bad either... ::)

sorry - tain't no dam in this post.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Skulley

Before McCarter can claim that Hot Pond, he is going to have to fish it more than 3 more times.  He has to put in about 20 years because that is how long I have been fishing it during the cold water seasons.  Otherwise, that is MY Hot Pond.    :o

BD            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com