Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:53:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

NBAA Info???

Started by dartag, January 19, 2013, 06:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

Anyone attend the meeting in Novi.  There site has been updated but no schedules or championships are listed.   

jgip087

No postings have been made stating who won the 10 prizes for the Super Big Bass drawing either. Does anyone know who won the prizes? I won the 4-wheeler last year, but it looked like they were only giving away a Power Pole this year
www.sure-life.com - please help ensure the
survival of your catch
www.poorboysbaits.com

customfishn

I'm not really sure who won the top ten prizes, I know I didn't but they are working on the website. They have dates for all the upcoming championships but no lakes other then the spring classic at Kentucky.  They did say that the spring classic at Kentucky will be televised and also have a live internet stream for all three days. 

Manxfishing

I've been watching the progess on the site. And it's been slow

I asked about the new logo, and Pete clued me in
It's the old NBAA logo but they replaced the fish with that from the TDF logo

Flippin222

The winners from the drawings have been posted on the website.
Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things

jgip087

Sweet! I had no idea that I won the Lock-N-Haul and $100 until I just looked! Congrats to the overall winners and Andrew Soloman for the Angler of the Year title!
www.sure-life.com - please help ensure the
survival of your catch
www.poorboysbaits.com

dartag

Got a note from NBAA today. He said schedules would be posted soon.

One interesting note was everyone over 18 will need to join at 40.00 each.  No more family membership.

I looked and it had been 35.00 for the family the last few years.   Guess if the wife and son want to fish it is 120.00 now.   :'(

Manxfishing

Well Andy is one hard guy to beat
Congradulations to him.
Looks a little more rugged with the beard these days. I bet the guy on Woodland will think twice
before shooting up the boat agian.

Genie

Dartag - not sure if that is correct.  I know they need to have registration forms for everyone over 18 that fishes because of how their insurance and liability is structured because of all the changes in laws and such.  They have to be able to "reproduce" a unique identity for everyone that fishes that is over 18.  I think they are still honoring the family memberships just like before - just need paperwork for everyone.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

dartag

Quote from: Genie on January 23, 2013, 07:45:25 AM
Dartag - not sure if that is correct.  I know they need to have registration forms for everyone over 18 that fishes because of how their insurance and liability is structured because of all the changes in laws and such.  They have to be able to "reproduce" a unique identity for everyone that fishes that is over 18.  I think they are still honoring the family memberships just like before - just need paperwork for everyone.

Got this from Mitch Smith   ( no relation )

"  Anyone under 18 is still free, however a new federal law requires us to have a membership with all members over 18 this year for tax purposes. So your wife would have to pay another $40 membership fee. "

jcox7

Dartag,
     That is correct if your child or wife is over 18 then they will have to be a paid member.  That is one of the very few changes that will be happening this year.  Most everything else would be seen as very cool and good things the fact that wives or husbands now have to pay for a membership well that is just politics while an organization is growing.

Got Fish??

Are the tournament schedules available? If so when can we get a copy?

Victor Cerabone

Some of the schedules are up on the new website.  There are more being added every day.

The Motor City Inland Challenge now has a Facebook page.  Here is the link if you would like to check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/NBAAMotorCity

Vic

Got Fish??

Is the new website the same as the old web site? If not???

dartag

I see some updates but nothing in like years past.  I know new org and all.  If my son didn't like to fish the Monday nights with the Cowen family i am not sure I would even join.  They make it worth while. 

Manxfishing

Yes, It's been Slooooow this year
I did see the Mon night Div. 40 schdule is out.  And the lakes all look good

Victor,
I'm planning on fishing a couple of the Motor City Challanges this year
Just can't make the first one thou.
Other then that what's not to like about Orion, Oakland or Pontiac.

Victor Cerabone

@Manxfishing.  I agree... Orion is an awesome lake.  I hope to see you out there.

@Dartag - I agree that Paul's Div 40 is one of the best.

-Vic

Manxfishing

Quote from: Victor Cerabone on February 03, 2013, 12:53:46 PM
@Manxfishing.  I agree... Orion is an awesome lake.  I hope to see you out there.

-Vic

yes it is, For me it's a toss up between Kent or Orion on which lake has bigger fish
But with Orion you know there all LM. And i love LM

I'm really looking forward to fishing the morning bite out there

dartag

Orion on a cool rainy day is the best.  No Boom Boom wake board boats swamping you all day.  Kent is best on a hot sunny day along the bike path.

Got Fish??

Is it just me, or dose the nbaa website seem a little unfriendly? I hope  nbaa stays  fun and friendly or I am out. From $35 per family too $ 40 per person?  I really enjoy fishing the trail with everyone I have met there. Just how much money TBF must make will determen if I  stay a  member or not