Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:29:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

NBAA Info???

Started by dartag, January 19, 2013, 06:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

At least they are putting more divisions on the schedule page.  Nothing about any of the championships for this fall or next year.  Hope they pick another lake for the 1 on 1 championship. 

customfishn

Quote from: Got Fish?? on February 10, 2013, 07:43:57 AM
Is it just me, or dose the nbaa website seem a little unfriendly? I hope  nbaa stays  fun and friendly or I am out. From $35 per family too $ 40 per person?  I really enjoy fishing the trail with everyone I have met there. Just how much money TBF must make will determen if I  stay a  member or not
I noticed the same thing!  I am a big NBAA supporter but the site is tough to figure anything out on just like the TBF web page

dartag

I see they updated the web site.  The 2014 championship is in Oaklahoma.  1050 miles from my house.  They are definately national now.  Might have to look at some other options for this summer.

markgoetsch

They're owned by some guys that are part of TBF and the headquarters is in OK.

customfishn

I just mapped it to Grand Lake in OK from my house near Grand Rapids and it was only 11 hrs and 49 minutes thats really not that horrible. 

djkimmel

I do believe their goal is to take it really national. I expect, with our good fishing, we will still see some great opportunities in Michigan.

I believe TBF Inc. does own NBAA, and TBF Inc. is member-owned, so I may be 1/25,000th part owner of NBAA? Not sure.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Frank

I think I'm only don't Thursdaymornings now.  I can't figure out what days and lakes are in the schedule any more so I scheduled other stuff instead.   The only reason I'm doing Thursday morning is cuz it's a good group of people and my 9yo daughter loves it.   Is going to be her 3rd year but the first time she has to pay a membership fee

dartag

Thursday mornings has doughnuts also ;D ;D   going to take a few days off and fish.

Got Fish??

Kind of funny how , a real good club like NBAA. Can go from a closeknit group of family like  people. To a vehicle to make money for  some big national company. It's sad, I really don't  feel the drive, to  give the TBF any more of my money!  From $35 a family to 40 a person. Then have no NBAA booklet, to keep track of the Years outtings. Or have a  vary unfriendly web  site, that is not  easy to use. Then  expect me to  drive to Oklahoma. To fish the championship? I don't feel the love.

djkimmel

Sometimes love grows on you... :) You know what they say about change - one of the few things you can count on, or something like that.

Many of the same local events will be put on and fished by the same local anglers anyway.

What's the NBAA booklet you refer to?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I actually think the new website looks cleaner and easier.

What don't you like about it?

gr@ssmonkey

were r the payout charts for the one on one's I only see the weekend payouts...thx

jcox7

Ok I am not an NBAA guy but I am on the Board of Directors for the TBF.  The TBF are or as soon as all the polotics are done will be the Majority owner of NBAA.  Payouts should not change at least I was told things will not change anytime soon.  The people who keep complaining about paying for your kids I have old but also good news KIDS still are free as part of your family that is KIDS 17 and under.  Sorry and I have to agre with this but once your 18 you are no longer a KID and you should have to pay like all other adults.  Now the new thing is that your wives have to pay a fee this was explained very politicaly at the presidents meeting.  There will be clubs in states where gay marriage is legal and we did not want the time that Married couple Joe and Tim shows up and only pay one membership fee.  Some would disagree that they should both pay a membership fee so now all adults must pay membership fees.  FYI Kids do have to fillout a membership form just put on the top that they are your child and no fee will need to be paid.  If there are any other questions that I can answer before the wrong info gets plastered across open boards please email me at jeff@bassfederation.com Please do not send me a bunch of complaints only legit questions.

Also Grand Lake is an Awesome Place to Fish I have ran and helped run tournaments all over the country and Grove Oklahoma is far and away the BEST place I have ever put on a tournament. Please do not think because the TBF is ran out of Oklahoma that is why the nationals are there.  Off the top of my head we ran major tournaments out of LA. WS. FL. Dist of Clombia VT GA MO and AR last year so traveling is nothing to our company.  The new owners of NBAA really thought that you would enjoy yourselves at Grand Lake and I do have to agree with this thought.  I might even fish a division this year to go there and fish there.

djkimmel

Quote from: gr@ssmonkey on May 05, 2013, 09:42:05 PM
were r the payout charts for the one on one's I only see the weekend payouts...thx

Looks like they don't have them all up yet. Good question to email to Jeff. Maybe he can find out when they will get that added? It appears TBF is now doing the NABC tournaments too so they have taken on quite a bit this year. Hope they have some additional help?

Manxfishing

Jeff,

I know they re did the website. And it was very slow going there ffor a while
Looks like the schdules are all posted

The only problem I see is
There is a search for tournaments. But what I miss from the old site is
There's nothing that shows when, what or where each division fishes
I really miss that

If I'm looking for say a monday night in Oakland co.
There's no quick way to find that divsion

Thanx,
I've been a member for a while and only think it's going to get better

djkimmel

Thanks for the feedback Manx! That kind of info can be helpful to member organizations.

dartag

I liked being able to search for a tourny by lake.  have not found that option yet.

Genie

I am in the process of putting some of those features back on the results side of the system.  They were "hidden" in the past to try to drive traffic to certain pages first.  We are working to fix all that again now.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Got Fish??

I'm sure the lake in oklahoma  is reel nice but. I'm  not a  wealthy guy and can not afford to travel that far to fish.  Nor should I be expected to. If your trying to weed out the blue collared  fishermen . Well I guess I'm your  first man out!  Shame on the TBF.