Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:33:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What Did You Buy At The Ultimate Fishing Show 2013

Started by Skulley, January 14, 2013, 08:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

What did you buy at the fishing show this year?? I thought there were a few less tackle vendors this year and more jerky vendors. Seemed to be a few more boat dealers also. I was shopping for my retirement boat and saw 2 or 3 I am considering. In the meantime my 19 foot 1993 Champion that's paid for is going to have to suffice. At least I'm out there.

Here's what I purchased. I bought 4 inch tubes from Xtreme Bass Tackle in his 3 new colors as well as replenishing my supply of other colors that I was running low on. They were St. Clair Goby, Triple Threat, and Canadian Mist. Those three colors were "staples" in my tackle box just this last season. I also bought is little mini NOAA chart of Erie and the Detroit River. At another both I found an assortment of Storm Wiggle Warts in their new Mad Flash Series and bought 3 of those for $15. They were $6 a piece or 3 for $5. I also saw the new River 2 Sea Ish Monroe spinnerbait and bought 3 of those. They were $7.50 each and talked the vendor down to 3 for $18. I didn't need them and wouldn't have bought them if I didn't get the deal. But I did, and so I'll try them in 2013.

Chime in fellas and tell us what you bought at the show.

BD.                              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

gmetime24

I picked up some dock monkey jigs and a few plain jig heads in the 2k Freak style. I'm going to be trying out a bunch of different soft plastics with those 2k heads and see what happens

dartag

Waterfoul

I bought stuff mostly for my annual trip to Table Rock.  Got some 2K shakey heads and several of the new Ledge Rush jigs.  Bought a couple beavers colors I'd not seen before as well.

It seems that some one says the same thing every year:  there seems to be less tackle vendors.  The only one I noticed not there from last year was Grandt Rods, and since I don't fish their rods it didn't really effect me.  I saw the same 4 jerky vendors at this show as at the last one, and the one before that.  Enjoyed passing by the sausage vendor and getting some nice hot sausage samples, a couple times!  LOL!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

fishstick

Got Fish??

I hit kustom kicker jigs, xstreme tackle and fond some brads lures in chrome gold and black back at Franks booth. This year I had the best time kickin with everyone at the show. I'm looking forward to next year. Hey Mojo, where did ya get those shoes.

Hooksetter

I bought a Dobyns DS rod and a Troll Perfect from K&D, 4 or 5 bags of Nemesis product and some 2K shaky head jigs and Ledge Rush football jigs. Its the most I've spent at the UFS in a long time. I am determined to fish at least twice as much as the last couple of years combined. I might even have the wife talked in to a newer boat a few years ahead of schedule, if the right one comes along. 8)

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

mikesmiph

Mike, Grandt wasn't there last year either. When UFS changed their weekend the show conflicted with the show in NJ where Grandt does very well on salt water rods. Grandt will be at the GR show again this year for anyone who does fish their rods. Other than that, I bought a binch of 2k jigs, a bunch of Nemesis baits and a really big Humminbird sticker for my truck window, which I left at the show. I hope someone picked it up for me. Bought some new crankbaits that Marianne Husky says catches bass too. She always tells me the baits that she is "pestered" by when she's trying to catch those big eyed things. And, Veronica spent about a gazillion dollars at the rock wall.

t-bone

I bought some c-flash cranks from Mike's RX, I lost the only one I had last year. I picked up gobies and sickos from Nemesis (McCarter). Bought a few raffle tickets to support youth fishing and a couple bags of venison sticks.
No big ticket items this year, just replenishing some tackle that was running low. Oh, I did by some of those flat headed swim jigs - I think they were from custom kicker jigs. Want to give them a try to see the action.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

tigar

Great time at the show, I got a couple of Gear Grabbers, some jerkbaits from Mikes R/x, a few jigs and met Revtro at the GLB booth.

fiker

I bought:
1 package of wacky jig heads at Mike's Rx.
2 Freak jigs at Kustom Kicker.
3 packages of tubes from Xtreme.
1 Pewter lapel pin of a jumping bass.

I finally got to the point where I could take all I bought home in my pockets.  No bags.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

thedude

i went to franks and got the BOGO deal on the sunline and also picked up some plastics i was short on, but thats about it.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Cy

I bought nothing I didn't consume at the show!

Dang those Nemesis baits are tasty!  ;)

Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

jjjmpv22

I bought a bunch of jigs from kustom kicker I kinda blackout and spent way too much money! I am sending some freaks out west to my buddy in California.

detroit1

I went thurs. and didn't get much..some dropshot and a-rig baits, a couple pks. of Kustom's wobble rigs and thats about it. Met Big Dog and his pup working the booth. Was a little bummed Dan Gapen didn't bring his polish pike baits this year (last year 4 for $20).
WAVE THERAPY

Manxfishing

Bought some drop shot plastic from Nemesis baits, a new yamaha hat
and a couple kicker jigs.

What I really whated was a Red and Chartruse spinner bait for the spring time
Just didn't see one.

Waterfoul

OH!!  I almost forgot... I got some wicked blade baits at Mike'sRX.  Is is spring yet?????
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

bassmandan

bought some sunline, stopped by nemesis and got a few jigs, gobies, craws, wanted to get a couple spinnersbaits but they didnt have what i wanted ill have to get a hold of brian and get some, and finally got some canadian mist tubes to try
"dont stop keep fishing"

VinceR

Leverage "Big Water" Landing Net from Hooksetter and two sticks of venison sausage.