Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:59:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Everything seems to be alive at the show

Started by Mojo, January 12, 2013, 04:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Maybe its just me, maybe its the economy, but it seems this years show is just brimming with a huge crowd, and the ppl in the booths are energized.

For the kids, they caught a bunch of fish, tried to reel in a 30 lb salmon on the simulator, rock climbed all day (give him $10 -15 bucks and the fine gent at the booth will let the kids climb all day unlimited - so long as there are no lines), and got their pictures taken with an african Lion cub.

Saw a bunch of the GLB sponsors, Mikes RX, NBAA, TBF, and of course - the man, Danny Hatchew at Kustom Kicker with his brand new low cost swim jig head. Kevin Van Dam himself threw it in one of the bass tanks and gave Dan and I his feedback on it. Thats pretty cool.

Saw a ton of deals on great lures including lucky craft, strike king and nemisis (Has a kick butt all new 2013 line up) - His sickos won many ppl tournaments inland lakes and his lofted softer drop shot gobies won me money on lake St Clair.

Learned alot from a few seminars, and got a few brochures for some trips out of state. Theres a ton of boats and there seems to be more give away this year. I I hope you come down and join the energy in Novi !!

What else are people seeing thats cool ???
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

dartag

Saw you up on the tank doing a seminar Thursday night.   Looks like more beef jerky booths this year.   Going Sunday with some buds to walk around and see what I missed Thursday night.

Mojo

Was my first. Sundays seminar will be 3 x better - and that is a Joe Namath guarantee.

Mike S.

My wife has been trying to get me to go back since we got home Thursday night. I think we are going to go for the whole weekend next year. You're right. There was a lot of energy there this year. Maybe everybody is just happy that the world didn't end?  Had to throw that in because it was so ridiculous.

I missed your show Mojo. We had to be on the road by 5. I'm going to miss it today too. Gotta be on the road to work by 5. Good luck.

Got Fish??

I  could feel that energy my self. People are a lot more friendly this year.  A lot of US know one another now. So maybe that makes it more enjoyable for us.

mikesmiph

These two were certainly alive.

Mike S.

You're a stud!! Where were they from?  I didn't see those charters offered up at any of the booths.

mikesmiph

A new restaurant in town, ( your wife would never let you go ), called The Twisted Kilt.

djkimmel

Why am I not surprised by your selection of memories of the 2013 Ultimate Fishing Show Mikesmiph...??  ::)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

Waterfoul

We should look into having the after tournament "cook out" at the Twisted Kilt this spring!!   ;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Firefighter Jeff

Hmmmmm that's either a knock-off of the Tilted Kilt restaurants or they had you so flustered you got the name wrong.  lolololol         :D     :D   :D   :D

mikesmiph

t-bone

Tilted Kilt was the destination for many after the show - and it wasn't because they were giving away 10% off coupons.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Mike S.

Quote from: Waterfoul on January 14, 2013, 10:32:46 PM
We should look into having the after tournament "cook out" at the Twisted Kilt this spring!!   ;D

I'm in!!! 

Mojo

Quote from: Mike S. on January 15, 2013, 02:42:50 PM

I'm in!!! 

And we just named our post DK Open cookout event - cause I'd pay $5 at the door to see the cook in a kilt !!

The Twisted Kilt Cookout..... here weee go !

Firefighter Jeff

Not so sure that would be a good idea.  Can you imagine how long it would take for Dan to figure out the winners with all that skin walking around??????????    ;D   :D   ;D   :D

mikesmiph

The cook is NOT wearing a kilt, but you can invite the girls.

Waterfoul

Oh come on Mike.... you'd look great in a skir... I mean kilt.   :D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

Two years in a row!  The last 2 years have brought talk of Mike cooking in unfavorable clothing. Last year was a thong. This year a kilt. What next?