Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:51:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Spring 2007 DK Open lake choices

Started by djkimmel, December 22, 2006, 01:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which lake would you rather fish a DK Open catch and release event on?

Cass Lake
6 (28.6%)
Lake St. Clair
15 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

djkimmel

I'm looking at early to mid-May. Just waiting for ABA to put out his schedule before I pick a day.

I want to see people catch a lot of nice bass. St. Clair - with decent weather - might really be something. With decent weather.

Cass can be pretty good in the spring too though although not as many quality bass probably.

I'm thinking of the East side for the spring event and then having the fall event again more towards mid-Michigan or possibly farther west.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

I'll go to either Clair or Cass.  Whatever the majority wants is cool with me.  I just like fishin'.

The only thing I wonder about is this.  On Clair, rain and cold winds can make for a miserable day.  Seems fairly likely in early to mid May. 

I've never been on Cass, and don't know how big it is.  I know it's not as big as Clair.   If the weather turns cold, windy, and nasty, maybe Cass is a better choice?

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Genie

Muskegon for the West side.  St. Clair for the East.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Skip Johnson

lk st clair in april may and june has phenominal Lm bass fishing in the canals, on the worst weather days its still easy fishing in them.
Go Big or Go Home!

bshaner

I voted for Clair just because of the potential, however if you are playing the odds for weather this coming season, Cass might be the safer choice.

When you are talking money on the line then Clair in any weather is the choice.  Fun with the guys and forum brothers you run the risk of a miserable day for fun and fellowship.

Cass is the safe bet with as weird as the weather is shaping up to be already.  I am liking global warming!!  Plus I dont know if I'll have a 20 footer by then!  Crossing fingers!!!!

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Hooksetter

I voted for St.Clair. Its just too much fun out there.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Skulley

I cast my vote for St. Clair.  Cass is good in the spring, however most of the field will fish beds.  Nothing wrong with that, but the fun is in the catching and St. Clair far out fishes Cass.

BD                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

St. Clair is pulling away. I'm assuming that most or all of the voters will fish the event...? I'm hoping to have more good stuff to give out. I want to make sure I have a decent number of anglers to give it to.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

i've never been on St. Clair in the spring  :o that's my vote!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

I'm thinking we are going to St. Clair. I'll look at Anthony's ABA 2007 schedule and pick a date this weekend to post to you all.

fiker

That's ok Dan.  If we don't have a lot of people show up you can make up new categories.  I can help you here.

Hmmmmm let;s see.....

How about:
1.  Going the longest on the DK tourney trail with out weighing a fish.
2.  Eats a greater weight in snacks than he/she boats in fish per tournament day.
3.  Looks the best in a DK T shirt
4.  Ok, of the fatest oldest members, looks the best in a DK T shirt.
5.  Makes the poorest attempt at humor on the GLB site prior to the tourney.

I'm thinking I could walk away with some serious bling at this one!
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

djkimmel

Skulley

I am going to make my attempt to go away with the humor award.  If B.S. were music fiker would be a brass band.

Peace Brother!!!!

BD              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com