Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 27, 2024, 06:30:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

2013 MadWags Memorial Members Tournament East Sat May 11 Lake St Clair Sign Up

Started by djkimmel, November 04, 2012, 01:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Team houston

Revtro

I want to be there, but both kids have games that day.  I will consult and let you know.  If I am able to attend, I'd be a boater. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

thedude

put me down as a boater dan.

Also - hoekset will be going as a non-boater.   maybe vice-versa - we'll both be there and one of us will have the boat.

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

huston

I'm out of the event, wife rescheduled my life that day for one of her family events. It better be good or else........ >:(

Revtro

Huston, I feel your pain.  I'm out too.  Apparently if I miss these soccer games, I'm a bad daddy.  LOL  I don't really want to miss the games, but I also hate missing hanging out with all these great folks on GLB.  Have a great event everyone. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

ROI Outdoors

Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

edyer

I'm in as a non-boater. It's hard to admit, but I am still a virgin. As far as fishing LSC goes. I can't say that about too many other things. I just wrote it on the calendar that my wife looks at to see where I'm fishing that day. So at least I have that going for me. WHat kind of tackle do I need to bring? Imight have to go out and buy some new stuff.

Cy

Quote from: edyer on May 02, 2013, 10:37:53 PM
I'm in as a non-boater. It's hard to admit, but I am still a virgin. As far as fishing LSC goes. I can't say that about too many other things. I just wrote it on the calendar that my wife looks at to see where I'm fishing that day. So at least I have that going for me. WHat kind of tackle do I need to bring? Imight have to go out and buy some new stuff.

Good News Ed.  Glad you are going to make it!  All you really need are Xtreme Bass Tackle tubes, St Clair Crayfish, Triple Threat, Formula G3 & Canadian Mist and some 1/4 $ 3/8 tube jigs.  Bring a couple a traps, gold, red, purple, etc and a couple square bills.  That's all you need.  You will have a great time.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

Official word:  I'm in. Dragging the Skeeter along. Waterfoul is fishing with me. If the weather is nice, my son will be with us. I promise I won't change this again Dan.

BNL

I'm coming as a non boater.  Thanks Dan.

I'm also a St Clair rookie.  Really looking forward to the fishing and meeting you all.

Nick

1javelin

My daughter will be dedicated to the church Saturday the 11th so I will not be making it again. One of these days.

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

44 MAG

I'm in as a non boater. 

djkimmel

Okay... now that we have had enough drama for a week of daytime soaps!!!

I guess I will put together a list of boaters and nonboaters - see where we are at. (I will be writing some names in pencil... and at least 1 name just in sand, or the dust on my dash... ;D)

As far as a cookout, I don't have a large grill. I have a couple 8' plastic tables. Until I go back through all the posts 1 more time, I was thinking mikesmiph wants to make the event but the grill may be out for him? Maybe, maybe not? My memory is not to be trusted. Regardless, if we are going to take a shot at a cookout I'm starting a new thread to see if we can actually make that happen.

I hope to have counts for boaters and nonboaters by late Sunday evening. I will be asking for donations too. I'm late on that though some people have pro-actively donated stuff or mentioned they are bringing stuff with them. If you can arrange that with one of the sponsor advertisers or another friendly company, please do that and send me a note. BIG HELP - that kind of stuff! Thanks!

PS: I see a number of mentions that the water appears to be up already from the near record lows of this winter. Just remember - this is supposed to be fun so have fun by being safe! Pushing bass boats leaning on their sides off of clay-gook mixtures is not my idea of fun! Lets leave that for the Bassmasters!!! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

Sitting in Venice Italy this morning.  As.long.as.I.get home by Wednesday and my boat floats and.runs  I will be there.   Do I get the longest distance travelled award.

mikesmiph

Looks like I will be there. Not sure yet about Veronica. I will bring my boat, if it starts when I get home. If veronica doesn't come, I'll have an empty seat. I wouldn't mind helping with the food, but I won't have time to gather everything and bring grills and such. A lot more "if's" for Dan to figure out. LOL

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on May 05, 2013, 04:25:10 AM
Sitting in Venice Italy this morning.  As.long.as.I.get home by Wednesday and my boat floats and.runs  I will be there.   Do I get the longest distance travelled award.

Only if you come straight from Italy to the lake that day - buona fortuna!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: mikesmiph on May 05, 2013, 09:50:43 AM
Looks like I will be there. Not sure yet about Veronica. I will bring my boat, if it starts when I get home. If veronica doesn't come, I'll have an empty seat. I wouldn't mind helping with the food, but I won't have time to gather everything and bring grills and such. A lot more "if's" for Dan to figure out. LOL

If you make it to Michigan, show up however you can. I didn't think the grill was doable with everything else going on. We'll make it work or eat cold cuts or something.

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

djkimmel

Quote from: LAPORTE on May 05, 2013, 04:45:19 PM
Dan Can you please post start and finish times

Everything you need to know about the event is in the very first post at the beginning of this thread. Let's leave it there so the important stuff is all in one place and consistent: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=16036.0