Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:42:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

New member PineLk49

Started by PineLk 49, October 30, 2012, 06:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PineLk 49

Hi all. I have been following this site for a few months now. Sounds like a bunch of great guys from what I have read. Been fishing tourneys for 30 plus years and thought I could share with you younger guys some general info. I have always been a giver not a taker so no worries here. So fire away. No politics please. HaHA. Hope to gt to know everyone down the road.
PS. Dan you have an awesome site that you should be very proud of

Dave

djkimmel

Well thank you for joining and thank you for the compliment!

What few politics that sneak on here (rare) should be over soon. :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BIGSHOW

Welcome, Always good to have some more input.

Dan

Welcome. What Pine Lake are you handling? Might you be a Dave from up near Irons?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

bigjc

Welcome Dave, and don't buy into any of the liberal rhetoric that sometimes slips into this board...Just kidding.  Sorry Dan I couldn't resist.

I am sure that your knowledge and insight will be welcomed here.

Mike S.

PineLk 49

Thanks everyone. After I posted this I read it again and it came across as harsh and maybe cocky. Been laying in bed since 11 with knots in my stomach trying how to unsert foot in mouth. I am very sorry if I came across this way. I love talking with people and hope that 1st impression wont be your lasting impression of me. Have you ever said something and it came out different than you thought? THAT BE ME! Again sorry

Quote from: Dan on October 30, 2012, 08:19:25 PM
Welcome. What Pine Lake are you handling? Might you be a Dave from up near Irons?

Hi Dan, Live north of Gull Lk. Barry County

Redbone

Lightningboy

Plenty of politics here.  But only Merc vs. Yammy & Ranger vs. Triton.   ;D

Good to have you here.

Dan

I just saw your Pine Lake handle and my brother-in-law has a place on Pine Lake and I know a Dave that lives up that way and just thought maybe... Welcome and I think you will enjoy this forum. Best of the best. Lt. Dan is top notch at site building and running forums. It's a tough job, but he is top shelf. I'm retired with time on my hands so I visit the site several times a day. It's like having coffee with a bunch of friends each day except we don't monopolize a table in the restaurant.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Waterfoul

Quote from: Dan on October 31, 2012, 09:06:33 AM
I just saw your Pine Lake handle and my brother-in-law has a place on Pine Lake and I know a Dave that lives up that way and just thought maybe... Welcome and I think you will enjoy this forum. Best of the best. Lt. Dan is top notch at site building and running forums. It's a tough job, but he is top shelf. I'm retired with time on my hands so I visit the site several times a day. It's like having coffee with a bunch of friends each day except we don't monopolize a table in the restaurant.

But I like monopolizing a table!!  We need to do it more often!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

FOB

Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

gmetime24

Welcome to the site. Tons of great information on here and the guys are very helpful. I'm sure you will like it!

PineLk 49

I"m not even retired and found myself gravitating to this site 3 or 4 times a day, not even being a member. How bad will it get now that I am a member? Oh and the coffee sounds good to.

gmetime24

I bet you will be one here at least that many times per day. Now that I have a smartphone I find myself being on here at work all the time.  I bet my boss wouldn't care for it but its a great way to pass some time during the slow days

Team houston

jjjmpv22

welcome !!!! looking forward to some post

YpsiBass

Welcome.  Strongly suggest you hit up the next GLB event to put names on faces.  Either the hot pond thing or the novi show or the swap meet.  Truly some of the best people I've had the pleasure of fishing with on this site.

Waterfoul

Quote from: YpsiBass on October 31, 2012, 07:04:34 PM
Welcome.  Strongly suggest you hit up the next GLB event to put names on faces.  Either the hot pond thing or the novi show or the swap meet.  Truly some of the best people I've had the pleasure of fishing with on this site.

You fished with Cy, and you can still say that with a straight face?
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

Lt. Dan, ice cream!  Sorry that popped into my head instantly when I read Dan's post. Just think of Forrest Gump when you read that. I pop on and off this site every hour or so while I'm at work. It really helps to pass the time.

As for going to GLB events, it's a must. Always a good time, even if the fish didn't cooperate. The east side events always draw the bigger crowd. Lake St. Clair is always a fun one, before, during, and after the fishing.

And just so you know, Cy isn't that bad..........