Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:50:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Ultimate Fishing Show Novi Thursday

Started by Skulley, January 12, 2006, 11:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

I arrived out at the fishing show at about 1615 hours and went right to Wayne Carpenters seminar.? This seminar was the only one that Wayne had scheduled for the whole show.? At last years show, I thought Wayne's seminar was the best seminar.....so I had to go this year.? I was not disappointed.? Wayne again did an outstanding job.? Nice work Wayne.? I get more out of your seminar on St. Clair than any of the others about St. Clair.? ?;D? ? And by the way....Wayne, yours was the only one that I went to tonight.? If you were having another, I would go again.? Thanks for pulling my number in the raffle also for the free stuff.? I won one of Wayne's favorites.? ?;)? ?

I like Wayne's tubes!!!!? They work!!!!!!? I have used them before!!!!!!? They catch fish!!!!![/b][/i] ? ?

Overall the show was better than last year.? More tackle, more boats, more clubs, more organizations, more of everything.? I do however think the price is a little steep.? Before you even walk in the door, they get you for $5 parking.? I had a dollar off coupon so my ticket was $8.? They got $13.? I make a decent living so it doesn't sting too much, but for the guy who is on a tighter budget......OUCH!!!??

I am going out there tomorrow again with a couple of buddies.? I got some two for one and dollar off discount coupons.? ?It definitely helps.? $13 bucks over two or three days hurts me too.? With the coupons I can get at least a fishing fix.? Better than drugs and alcohol.? Allow me to philosophize here for a moment by saying that this show in January is like a fishing trip.? So real good or real bad, because I live in Michigan, I would go at least one time over a four day period.? The only thing better than this on a Thursday Night would be to actually go fishing.? If it weren't for the coupons, I would not make another attempt to go again as I am after Friday.? And Thursday is always the best day to go to these because it is not as crowded.? I will validate that tomorrow and maybe again Sunday if I make it there that day.? I got some painting to do.? The bride wants a room painted and if I don't do it before fishing season starts, I won't be pretty.?

I almost forgot one more thing.? I got to meet the GREAT Pro Bass Fisherman Dan Kimmel.? It was nice to meet you Dan.? I hope I see you again.? I will try to come out and fish your open next year......THE DK OPEN.? You are a class guy Dan.?

IF IT IS FISHING.....IT IS GOOD!!!!!!
Regards,

BD
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

McCarter

I couldnt make it.  Actually, i could have made it but i was dooped by the very friend i was supposed to go tothe show with.

Here is how it happened.

We both got off work at 3:30 so we were going to meet up at the show on the way home.  Well, he was a little closer to Novi than I was so he decides it would be best if we just met up somewhere and then rode over to the Rock together.  This way we could save money on parking.  Good idea.

So he calls me back and tells me to meet him at Gatsbys (or something like that), a small bar on Grand River less than a mile from the Fishing show.  Ok, the trap has been set and i walked right into it.  Needless to say, a few beers later we were on our way too Hooters to watch the Red Wing game.

I tried to convince him that we should be going to the show but he just wouldnt have it.  And when it comes to beer, hockey, and pretty girls in skimpy outfits, what can i say, im weak.

I will be up there tonite for a little bit to catch up with Eric Smith.  I think Sasquach has been sited more times in the past 3 monthes than Eric has so i dont want to miss the opportunity.  And i will probably be there most of the day saturday as well.  Hope to see some of yous guys theres.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

dartag

Quote from: PoorBoy on January 13, 2006, 11:23:59 AM

I tried to convince him that we should be going to the show but he just wouldnt have it.? And when it comes to beer, hockey, and pretty girls in skimpy outfits, what can i say, im weak.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

those are the important things in life.  when you can't fish

went through kensington yesterday..  starting to be some open water.  there was a guy on the ice fishing.. must  like ice fishing real bad...

probably see ya saturday at the show..

ss

joshimoto son

There's a group of us going tomorrow, hope to run into you PB.

Josh

Skulley

I agree with your friend, Poorboy.....Pretty women, beer, and hockey would have swayed me from the show.? I saw that Gatsby Restaurant.? Looks interesting....How is the food????? ?I still would have gone to Hooters.......

:P

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Savage

Pretty good show, lots of booths that were not bass fishing.  Didn't know there were so many walleye, trout, and salmon fishermen.  Caught Gostenik's seminar, thought he did a good job.  Learned a few things about LSC, and some other inland lakes.  Next was KVD, he did his jerkbait presentation about wild shiners.  From what I hear, it was the same as last year's.  I might have picked up a tip or two, and it's always cool to see Kevin.  Kim did his smallmouth neighborhood, cool to hear him talk about how he filmed things, and where he was.  Overall, not too bad, but a few hours there was enough.  I like Extreme's new tube color, green pumpkin with chartruese and purple.  I'm just a sucker for a new color.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

I had a great time Thursday evening (man! am I in a better mood!) talking to 5alive, UAWBigDig, djkmaclf, Hooksetter, chase5004, MadWags (both of them!), WayneC and yukonjack2! It was great!

I even sold a few lures including one to a future superstar - only 3 feet tall, but he knew what he wanted to catch some bass AND he came in having permission to only get 1 thing, but WALKED OUT WITH 6!!!

If I forgot someone, please correct me AND see more of you on Sunday.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

went to the show Friday, left work a little bit after 10am and drove dwon from Saginaw..  The Rock is huge!  Good show, lots of tackle, lots of boats, good seminars...and lots of people to talk to.  I could've stayed there all day..actually thought about driving back down today but my wife had some shoe shopping excursion planned..&%!$#!!  Anyway..it was good to put some faces with names...see you all again.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

stackenem

Made it to the show on sat. Ended up with the fever will know Mon or Tues if the bank and I own a 2006 Stratos or not. Bought Kims vidio and some tubes so after spending alot of $$$$$$ I figured I better get out of there. Had a good time and saw alot of stuff.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Skulley

Went down again Friday.  Saw VanDams, Gostenik, and Stricker's seminars.  All good.  Didn't make it there on Saturday.  Went to work at 0600 Saturday morning.  Got some of that time and a half.  Get that money now.  Gonna need it to fish......Gas, oil, etc........Working tomorrow too for double time......because I am too poor to say no. 

I am planning to get to the show again on Sunday.  My wife has a friend whose son would like to go.  Their family is not very well off economically.  I try to take this kid fishing a couple three times a year.  He loves it.  I thought I would take him to the show on Sunday.  He has a crush on my daughter.   My daughter may go with us.....although she is not one for shows.  She says they are boring.  But she loves to fish and that is the bottom line.   

I want to see the Joe Thomas seminar.  Otherwise, Sunday is for the kids. 

BD    ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Savage

Parents are in town this weekend and driving me nuts already.? Maybe it's time to head back down again.....

At least it's not the in-laws!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

You deserve another visit. I'll be there (hopefully I can sneak away for a while and actually see the show...)

I like to see all the people bringing out the kids. Very nice.

stackenem, who are you and the bank buying the boat from?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

stackenem

DK, Rob at Wonderland They are only about 6 miles from my house. Stackenem
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

djkimmel

That was my guess - just wasn't sure. Hope it works out for you. Rob seems like a nice person. He helped out with the bass season issue too.