Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:14:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kent lake Chiller Thriller Practise

Started by fishon1219, October 27, 2006, 07:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishon1219

With the 2nd annual Chiller thriller going on tomorrow who has been out there practising this week? I heard from a reliable source that there were at least 6 bass boats out there Wednesday fishing and with the payback for this tournament tomorrow I know some of you were out there. How did your practise go? Lets here some trash talk. I personally have not been able to get out there since sunday and I am hoping that the fish I found are still there and ready to bite, and also that I get boat number 1 so I don't have to worry about a guy with a stupid anchor :D (just for the record I will have mine Saturday)
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

dartag

all we have to do is follow you boys in the Stratos.  and watch out you don't hit us with the anchor.  i did find a weather report for Kent.  This should remind Grant of our last adventure.

KENT LAKE,  SATURDAY
NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING WEST TO 30
KNOTS EARLY IN THE AFTERNOON AND THEN INCREASING TO 35 KNOT GALES
LATE. RAIN LIKELY. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET BUILDING TO 9 TO 12 FEET. 
A GALE WARNING MAY BE NEEDED.

Cheetam

No need to practice...I'll be riding along with Steve an his magic senkos...
Jeff

fishon1219

Good luck with those senkos in 25mph winds :o
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

MaizeNBlue

Thank god there is a speed limit on that lake! Can't wait for the wind to push my Lund around, guess i better go get the boat, and get the trolling batteries charged!

dartag

hope the concession stand is open.  at least we won't need bug spray..

Cheetam

Quote from: fishon1219 on October 27, 2006, 09:31:17 AM
Good luck with those senkos in 25mph winds :o
They're the special aerodynamic ones...no worries... :D
Jeff

bshaner

I get to spend the day with the other half of the Poorboy/Maizenblue team.  Hope Grant finds us fish.  I have only been there once.  I'm just there for backup incase it turns into a brawl between Poorboy and Maize over their magic rock pile.   I can kidney punch PB from behind while he's concentrated on Maize.

I'm getting married today by the way.  Married today, tournament tomorrow.  What more can a guy ask for???

The down side is Grant will have to wake me up every time we get to a spot.  No wake will take forever to get anywhere and I got a feeling I'm getting no sleep tonight.  I probably should have rigged my rods up last night :(

Doh, gotta go, woman is glaring at me.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Cheetam

Quote from: bshaner on October 27, 2006, 12:40:24 PM
I get to spend the day with the other half of the Poorboy/Maizenblue team...
Poor guy...I'm sorry to hear that...lol...
Jeff

stackenem

Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

fishon1219

Quote from: bshaner on October 27, 2006, 12:40:24 PM

I'm getting married today by the way.? Married today, tournament tomorrow.? What more can a guy ask for???

The down side is Grant will have to wake me up every time we get to a spot.? No wake will take forever to get anywhere and I got a feeling I'm getting no sleep tonight.? I probably should have rigged my rods up last night :(

Doh, gotta go, woman is glaring at me.

B
If you want, after the reception I will take of all of the wedding night hotel room stuff and you can get yourself a good night's sleep. I think I am up for the challenge.  ;)
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

cameraguy

It looks like you will be fortunate if the wind is only 30mph. 

This severe weather warning was issued this morning.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DETROIT/PONTIAC HAS ISSUED A HIGH
WIND WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
SUNDAY MORNING.

SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OF 25 TO 35 MPH WITH DAMAGING WEST TO
NORTHWEST WIND GUSTS UP TO 60 MPH ARE POSSIBLE SATURDAY AFTERNOON
INTO SATURDAY NIGHT.

A HIGH WIND WATCH MEANS THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR A HAZARDOUS
HIGH WIND EVENT. SUSTAINED WINDS OF AT LEAST 40 MPH...OR GUSTS OF
58 MPH OR STRONGER MAY OCCUR. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST
FORECASTS FROM YOUR NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE.

Throwing a Senko might get a little tough in 60mpjh winds.

Cheetam

Last time I was out there the water was pretty clear and the smallies spooky...a little wind will definitely help out the bite... :o
Jeff

bshaner

Well that was painless.  Quick and easy just like I like it.  Too late to turn back now.

Yard sale or boat sale, stackenem??

Maize, did you get out there at all and get us some spots?

It's going to be nasty tomorrow.  Will my patio umbrella fit in the seat pole hole, Maize?

Fishon, I dont think you even realize how daunting that task would be.  I think I better just save you the trouble  :P

Cameraguy,  Throwing a senko wont be too bad, as long as it's T-rigged to a 1 oz bullet.  I can pitch a 1 oz a mile!!

On a serious note, is there any possibility this tourney will be cancelled to weather or should I just bring my hurricane gear and tie down to Maize's boat?

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

dartag

thinking about wearing my waders.? it is really raining and blowing here..? going to be like steelhead fishing in the old days.?

remember after sunday it is only about? 6 MONTHS till the next tournament :'( :'(

bassinman#1

Its still a "GO" for tomorrow, If everyone is brave enough, so am I!

Skip Johnson

you guys are going to get your behindes handed to you!

Im saving my money for florida peacock bass in 2 weeks.
Go Big or Go Home!

bosshawg

19 freakin' lbs -won it. - unbelieveable!!

17-18 boats

i made my donations.......
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters