Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 02:55:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Whitmore lake, any tips

Started by zr7cat, July 08, 2012, 09:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zr7cat

Looking at heading out this week to Whitmore Lake, never been there before.  Anyone have any suggestions on where to fish for good Largemouth,  Ive heard thre are nice Smallmouth in here as well.  Thanks.

Skulley

Whitmore is an excellent bass lake, however it can be tough and during the summer.  The traffic on the lake can be unbearable and annoying.  It's best to fish there during the week and you should stay as far away as you can from there on weekends. Personally I have only done well there when it rains. My only tip would be to find a better lake that is far less pressured on any day.  Maybe you would be better served if one of the forum members who fish there more than I do spoke up to help.  Good luck.

BD.                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

Try Lake Orion.   I know a guy who does really well there... ;D ;D

Skulley

Quote from: dartag on July 10, 2012, 05:05:58 PM
Try Lake Orion.   I know a guy who does really well there... ;D ;D

In the opener in that division, that angler weighed one fish weighing 3.35lbs., but came back strong on Orchard.   8)

But hey dartag, let's try to help our friend out. Get a map and go to Whitmore and look for weed lines according to what you see on the map. A good start would be launch the boat. Motor easy to the first drop and go left.......or right. But start fishing right there. Good luck and please report how you do in the Fishing Report section.

BD.                         ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

q-man

Whitmore can be a fine lake and a tough lake.  Get there early and get off early the recreation traffic can be brutal.  Early morning I like topwater lures over weeds in 5-7 fow.  Next I like to throw tubes and senkos in the same areas find good healthy weeds and you will find fish.  Jigging the deeper weeds is my favorite out there,  find weeds in 9-11 feet and pitch jigs or soft plastics to the edges and holes.  I like to use a 1/2 oz to start and will go up to an ounce.  If you like to skip pontoons and docks you will have plenty to work with.  Night fishing can be a lot of fun, not many if any boats on the water but you and some really good fishing.

Skulley

Thanks for pitching in q-man. And since I see that this is your first post on GLB, welcome to the forum. We're glad your here.   :D

BD.                         ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

zr7cat

Thanks q-man, going to try the north end of the lake and try to find some ledges to fish,  I have two rods rigged with some jigs, and try some drop shop and texas rigged worms. 

EKennedy

Whitmore has regular tourneys...and it's a very busy lake when the weather is nice.  I was out last night for just a couple hours with my 7 year old.  2 keeper LM on lipless crank and jerkbait.  2 dinks on same.  I'd concentrate on cabbage if you can find it...and off of drops.  That's the best pattern I can discern...and slower worked better than faster.   Have had luck with walleye and pike there also.
Good luck!

Skulley

Thanks EKennedy for your input also. That's what this forum is all about. Helping out our fellow anglers.

BD.                    ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com