Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:13:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Am I turning in to Bill Dance?

Started by Mike S., June 08, 2012, 03:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

I have to tell this story, purely for entertainment purposes. I don't mind people getting a laugh off of my mishaps.

Last night we fished ROI on White. Brett and I culled our first fish right around 8:00. We were figuring right around 11.5# at that time. When the bite slowed where we were fishing, we moved into the marinas to see if we could come up with anything.

We fish all the docks, and in between boats. Nothing. I go to skip a wacky rigged senko, and in full swing the bail shuts on my reel. Guess what happened next. I dropped the rod and reel in the lake. I reach for it, but can't get it. I try another rod, and cast for it, dragging the bottom.  No good. We gotta go.

We get to the launch, and trailer up. Brett has to go, has less than 30 minutes to get to work. I bag up our fish, and I'm ready to go to the scales. I go to step off the boat, and slip. Right off the boat, and on to my shoulder on the pavement. I have our fish in hand as I fall. The bag busts open, and I am now in the water my fish were supposed to be in. The fish are flopping on the pavement. What a mess!  I quickly gather the fish and run to the scale. I get there with 2 fish heads poking out the side of the bag. The fish get weighed and released unharmed. We totalled 11.72#.  Don't know where that put us number wise, but it sure was an interesting evening.

Now, I am on my way back to White to try and reclaim my rod and reel.

Incase anyone reading this is wondering, the winning bag last night was 18.38#!!!!!  It was a mixed bag, and big bass was 4.55#.  What a bag for 3.5 hours.

Genie

Yeah - wish I could have seen that one!
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Mike S.

It was epic. The few who did see it at least turned around before they started laughing. I myself even find it amusing. That's why I'm sharing.

Now, my recovery trip was a bust. White Lake has swallowed a Quantum Tour Edition spinning reel and a Grandt All American series rod. On the bright side, I just replaced it with a new St. Croix Rage and a Shimano Stradic CI4. I have to say, there is a huge weight difference between the two combos. The new one is WAY lighter.

Tomorrow is a new day, and a new fishing trip. Man I hope the Bill Dance in me doesn't come out again. Hopefully they put whichever veteran gets stuck with me tomorrow in a padded suit, and a helmet!!!!

djkimmel

Send me the waypoint to that rod and reel. I'll get it next time I'm there!

Do you have any video?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

No video. It definitely would have been a good one to see. I'm assuming that you're referring to when I threw my rod in the lake?  That was way more entertaining than me falling out of the boat! ;D

djkimmel

For video - BOTH! Haven't you ever watched those video shows where you can win money?? You either need cute kids, pets or sometimes gets hurt bad to win!

Waypoint for the rod and reel. I've had good luck catching and finding them in the past.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

When you get chased out of your boat by a snake, then you will be Bill Dance.  Until then... you're just clumsy.   ;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Or a mad swan. Swans are dangerous!

You could get a head start if you have some fishing rods and a ceiling fan too?!?

Skulley

Quote from: Waterfoul on June 11, 2012, 11:53:23 PM
When you get chased out of your boat by a snake, then you will be Bill Dance.  Until then... you're just clumsy.   ;D

That's funny!!!   :o

In Florida I would be more worried about gators.  I have a friend that lives on a canal on Lake Istopoga. They had a resident gator that lived in the little marshy swamp in between him and his neighbor. The walk from his house to his boat was always considered an adventure.

BD.                         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Firefighter Jeff

Thank goodness you weren't hurt falling out of the boat onto the pavement !!!  I fell getting into mine once while it was on the trailer. Fell while swinging my leg over the side after my supporting hand slipped off the side rail.  Other hand had a hold of my steering wheel but I skinned up my shin pretty good.  Think my pride hurt more than anything else.  lol

djkimmel

I'm changing my answer to - yes.

TheFishinPollock

Man you guys need to start wearing bike helmets with little hello kitty stickers on um ;D
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

djkimmel

Mike S.

Probably. But, I'm part Pollock too. I'd rather take my chances.

Waterfoul

Personally I've never fallen out of my own boat.  Probably because of my big dutch feet and cat like balance.   ;D 

Or maybe it's because none of my joints work like they used to and I go really slow and pretty much crawl in and out of the boat these days???   ???
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Firefighter Jeff

Hmmmm seems to me that I once about broke my neck hopping off the front deck while it was on the trailer.  Had a foot slip off or get caught by the side rail.

Mike S.

Just for the record, I have made it through 4 tournaments now without falling out of the boat, or throwing a rod in the lake.

Waterfoul

Mike S.

Firefighter Jeff

Hmmmmm  I have kicked a rod combo off the deck before.  Tipped one off also.  Thought it was strapped down and opened the compartment lid.  It went in and I didn't even notice for 10 minutes.
     Have lost two Golden Rules and a couple anchors over the years also.  LOLOLOL  Geesh.....  I AM Bill Dance.  lolol