Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:36:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2006 DK Open results and photos

Started by djkimmel, September 24, 2006, 08:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

2006 DK Open Forum Members? Tournament Results

Finish
Boater
fowlmouth (Rob)
BassPlr (Malcolm)
VinceR (Vince)
djkimmel (Dan)
joshimoto son (Josh)
Revtro (Tom)
bosshawg (Dave)
bshaner (Brian)
Partner
Hooksetter (Willie)
none
MIBassKid (Luke)
none
Ryan (Ryan)
fiker50 (Rick)
shanersbetterhalf (Stacey)
sensai steve (Steve)
Weight
5 ? 11.49
4 ? 7.50
3 ? 6.79
2 ? 4.22
1 ? 3.04
1 ? 2.56
:)
:)
Big Bass
3.28 (1st)

2.29 (smallie)
3.04 (2nd)

Winners-take-all was the vote in the morning so the ?lucrative? cash payout for 1st place went to fowlmouth and Hooksetter in their easy win, and they also took the big bass cash too for the 3.28 pounds largemouth landed by Hooksetter.

For his big bass catch, Hooksetter also received a free copy of the new software program that will help organize and improve any anglers fishing experience ? The Angler?s Genie ? from BTI.

A pretty decent catch overall since many of the members have never been to Wixom Lake before. We were lucky that the weather bypassed us completely for the entire 6 hours of fishing and our short social weigh in followed by handing out the big cash prize and all the fabulous prizes.

2006 DK Open champs fowlmouth and Hooksetter with 4 of their winning bass

BassPlr caught 4 bass by himself to take 2nd place

MIBassKid had a great day ? VinceR admitted that ?the kid? caught all 3 of their bass to put them in 3rd place

Ryan and joshimoto son ? they only caught 1, but it was the 2nd big bass

VinceR (left) was picture shy because he says MIBassKid caught all the bass, but here he is helping me weigh my big mean smallie. I wanted to be different not having been to Wixom in several years, so I ran up the Tobacco arm looking for fall smallies. It took me 4 ? hours and many pike to finally catch a 2.29 pound smallie ? the only one weighed if for all the good it did. Near the end of the day, I ran up to Garrish Bridge to catch a keeper largemouth off the pilings on a crankbait. I fished a lot of docks too and the very last one I flipped a white jig under only to see an 18 or so inch largemouth appear and turn down on the jig. Somehow, I blew my part of the deal and didn?t hook the bass.

Last year?s DK Open champ ? Revtro did not defend his title successfully, but he and fiker50 did manage to avoid a smiley with this nice largemouth bass. Still, Revtro will always be the first champ (along with the ?Wags? part of MadWags).

Here?s the whole group who showed up to fish the 2006 DK Open, from left to right:
fowlmouth (Rob), bosshawg (Dave), Hooksetter (Willie), bshaner (Brian), shanersbetterhalf (Stacey), BassPlr (Shane), djkimmel (Dan), VinceR (Vince), Revtro (Tom), MIBassKid (Luke), joshimoto son (Josh), sensei steve (Steve - in front reading how to catch bass on Wixom Lake), Ryan (Ryan, of course) and fiker50 (Rick)

Thanks to Anthony Adams and ABA for letting us use his weigh in equipment. Thanks to BTI for donating The Anglers Genie. And thanks to the sponsors and members of GreatLakesBass.com for helping to keep this web site running.

Special thanks to our drafted staff too ? parts played by:

?Official? photographer
bshaner (with his
better half)

?Official? recorder
fiker50

And your humble
weighmaster and host
- djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I have the 'virtual' champions plaque up now for viewing and for posterity. I'll add the winners every year to it going from the top down, left to right (first ever champ Revtro's request, so I honored it).

Check out DK Open Forum Members' Tournament

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Duke

Very cool Dan. You're making me jealous for not participating.

Duke
Duke

fiker

Haven't been able to sit down to the 'puter all week.
I had a ball once again.  And, I equaled last year's catch. 
At least I'm not going backwards.....

A big thanks to Dan, for putting it on.
Thanks to Tom (Revtro) for being a perfect host on his boat.  Next time Tom we'll do Clair.
It was great riding up with Joshimoto, and back home with BShaner. 
I love this tourney.  It's really cool to meet you guys. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Revtro

Rick, I had a great time too.  You can fish with me anytime!  Next time we'll get 'em good.  Wish I would have known about the bite that won the thing.  I would never have guessed to fish the way the winners did this time of year.   :-\'
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

CuradoKev

Congrats to all !!!!  ;D

Good job MIBassKid (Luke ) !! Way to go on your first tourney !!  ;)

Looks like everyone had a blast !!

Ckev
SOB Lures
www.soblures.com

Terry's Tackle
www.terrystackle.com