Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:20:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake St Clair 9 Mile Road boat ramp now open to anyone

Started by djkimmel, April 28, 2012, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

This is good news for anyone who is not a resident of the City of St. Clair Shores. The 9 Mile boat ramp has now been made public for 2012. The ramp was previously limited to residents only though some people did launch there.

Now everyone, even I, should be safe to launch there. It is $10 per day to launch but if you're fishing that area, you can probably justify the savings in boat gas and avoid some rough water. The 9 Mile Rd boat ramp is now open to the public.

You can buy an annual permit for $100 for the 9 Mile boat ramp whether you are a resident of St. Clair Shores or not. If you fish St. Clair a lot and find that ramp convenient, you may want to buy this permit rather than pay $10 per day at the 9 Mile boat ramp.

You have to go to the City of St. Clair Shores Parks and Recreation office at the ice arena (map) to buy the annual permit.

20000 Stephens St
Saint Clair Shores MI 48080-3109
586-445-5350

With the Clinton River Cut Off Boater Access Site so busy and often full early, this additional boat ramp allows closer access to the Mile Roads and the south flats for more boaters.

I apologize about the earlier confusion that other boat ramps were also made public. The 10 Mile Road (Blossom Heath) and 11 Mile Road are still limited to City of St. Clair Shores residents only though others do launch there. I can only recommend the 9 Mile Road boat ramp now that I have the City's information.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bigjc

That is awsome!  I have talked them into letting me launch @ 9mile a couple of times before.  For those of us downriver anglers, Its either been St. Jeans or Harley Ensign.  Thanks for sharing the good news.

djkimmel

You're welcome. I know some people launch there anyway but I don't usually get away with that kind of thing. Now it doesn't matter. They will even let me in there! :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

SethV

Can you post the exact locations of these ramps?  9 mile sounds like a good deal.  I often launch at St Jeans to fish the S shore, this is another nice option.

DDBethke

They have always let me launch there no questions asked, this is good to know however.
Please Like my Facebook Page for the best Power-Pole pricing available!                                             http://www.facebook.com/TournamentReadyTackle
Optimum Baits Pro Staff
http://www.optimumbaits.com/
Reins Pro-Staff (Tungsten/Soft Plastics)
http://reinsfishing.com/
Twitter
http://twitter.com/DDBethke
Blog
http://duanebethkefishing.blogspot.com/

bigjc

Great ramp, great location, well worth the 10 bucks

djkimmel

Quote from: SethV on April 28, 2012, 08:13:26 AM
Can you post the exact locations of these ramps?  9 mile sounds like a good deal.  I often launch at St Jeans to fish the S shore, this is another nice option.

Here is a information and map to the City of Saint Clair Shores 9 Mile boat ramp:

>The ramp at 9 Mile is literally at the end of 9 Mile Rd. I believe the only way to get into the ramp parking lot is off of 9 Mile Rd East of Jefferson Ave. See the top post for how to get an annual permit. The actual ramp is a ways down an access drive in the East corner of the lot.

Does anyone know if they have hours at this ramp? It appears that they sometimes get their very early or they will catch you on the way out.

djkimmel

I updated my top post because I talked to a lady from the City of Saint Clair Shores Parks and Recreation who told me that anyone can get a permit for the 9 Mile Road boat ramp. It is $100 per year. Details are in the first post on this thread. You can always get a daily launch permit for $10 at the ramp.

thedude

used the 11 mile ramp yesterday. super convenient. saved a lot of gas since we stayed in that area all day!
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

djkimmel

That's great to know! Was there someone at the booth collecting the ramp fee?

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on April 30, 2012, 06:12:51 PM
That's great to know! Was there someone at the booth collecting the ramp fee?

There's always someone there.  A gal during the week and an old timer on Sat. and Sun.

BD                           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

thedude

yes sir. guy there in the AM to work the gate and a lady in the PM to open it again.  we put in at 830 and pulled out a 8 - but didn't seem like there was more than a handful of guys launching there.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

bob o

great news, i'm guessing the city need some extra cash. it's about time.

Revtro

Don't know if it's true, but someone told me they are closing Blossom Heath.  True?  Either way, the actual ramp has always been in rough shape.  I stopped using it years ago because the other ramps are way nicer and have more parking.

The 9 Mile ramp does have the most parking.  Just know that it's a little bit of a walk from the lot to the actual ramp, but the location is good.  The 11 Mile ramp has limited parking right by the actual ramp, but there is some additional parking in the adjacent lot.  When the pool is open and the weather is good, the lot does fill up, but not early like the Cutoff ramp.  I am going to buy my SCS annual sticker this week, so I'll ask about non-residents being able to purchase annual permits and post when I know.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Waterfoul

The 11 mile ramp sounds like a deal.  I'll bet no one will run over your entire trailer there like they did to mine at Crockery last fall.   >:(
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Thanks for the updates. Let us know about the permit question Revtro. That will be helpful for some people who live outside the area a little but fish there a lot. Thanks!

djkimmel

Thanks for the updates. Let us know about the permit question Revtro. That will be helpful for some people who live outside the area a little but fish there a lot. Thanks!

Skulley

Quote from: Waterfoul on May 01, 2012, 02:53:07 PM
The 11 mile ramp sounds like a deal.  I'll bet no one will run over your entire trailer there like they did to mine at Crockery last fall.   >:(

No, at 11 mile you got senior citizens that depending on where you park, will run into your vehicle or possibly hit your trailer. Hasn't happened to me, but the gal there has given me parking recommendations because of that issue. I do know some people that have been there that have had seniors hit their vehicle or trailer.

BD.                         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

capt charlie's charters

never had a problem launching at either in the past, but then again doing so during the week they welcomed the business.

don't forget the dnr ramp off jefferson and crocker, weekends due get busy, but not as bad as harley ensign or selfridge, the only other issue being the direction of the wind.

capt

djkimmel

The Clinton River Cut Off ramp fills up very fast and early on many weekends. If you shoot for it, shoot early. Real early.