Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:06:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2006 DK Open participant list - so far

Started by djkimmel, September 15, 2006, 01:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Draw:

Boater
bosshawg
bshaner
djkimmel
fowlmouth
joshimoto son   
Revtro
VinceR
BassPlr

Partner
sensei steve
shanersbetterhalf

Hooksetter
Ryan
fiker50
MIBassKid

Here's the draw at the moment pending no more cancellations. 8 boats and 6 nonboaters right now. We have room for two more nonboater.

Of course, any other boaters who want to fish can also join in.

Reminder: Entry will be $5 per person. Big Bass is additional $2.

updated 9/22/06

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

bassinman#1 - I have you down as a question mark because you mentioned your wife and I wasn't sure if you meant you were bringing a boat or not, and if you expected to fish with your wife.

Since a couple of you mentioned this - I sure don't have a problem with it as long was we still have enough boats for the nonboaters. I'd like as much participation as possible from members.

Do the rest of you have a problem with a couple of the members bringing and fishing with their wives/significant other (only - not buddies/friends/fishing partners)? I want to be fair, but this is mostly for fun and to meet-and-greet. As long as none of the rest of you switch over, we'll be okay boat-wise (my wife isn't getting up that early this time of year to sit in the boat all day ;D).

One other thing, I do have to stick to forum members only being eligible to fish, so if you bring a wife/significant other, she/he has to be a member on the forum. It doesn't matter if they may not be on here posting or anything. Just need to be fair with some guidelines that fit the event. Thanks and let me know what everyone thinks.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

I don't hae a problem with anybody fishing with anybody. 
The more the merrier.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

VinceR

I have no problem with couples fishing together.

bosshawg

what ever floats your boats....i have no problem w/either.

i like to hear the details on game plan, time & all as i figure i got maybe a 2 1/2-3 hr drive come saturday morning from home. can't get-a-way on friday..
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

We'll start fishing at 8 AM from the MDNR ramp on the Tobacco Arm. I'll announce partners on here Tuesday night for those going so far so maybe you can make other plans. No matter what, boaters and partners can meet at the ramp before we launch at 8 AM.

I'll PM my cell phone number to everyone who is fishing so people have a number to call in the morning.

bshaner

Bleh, the woman wants to go so if there's enough boaters I'll have to take the wife with me.  If not, I'll leave her sit in the tent!!  Then I'll promptly set the tent up in our back yard when I get home and move my stuff out into it.

B

P.S.  Is that the ramp off Dondas Rd. ?
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

fowlmouth

yeah, Dundas is the first road on the left after you go over the bridge on m-30 near strykers.

stackenem

Stackenem is out due to proir commitments by my wife.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

djkimmel

Sorry to hear you can't make it stackenem.

That does mean bshaner can fish with his wife now (and won't have to move into the tent permanently).

bshaner

Thanks for doing that for me Stack.  As per our arrangement the check is in the mail.  Please dont cash it for a couple of weeks.  :o :P

DJ, 

I will get her to sign up on the boards.  After the tournament I will then change the password to her account.  I think it will be best for all involved.  ;D

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

djkimmel

I'm thinking about setting up some kind of spouse-PHP-redirection Web site - we don't really want them to know exactly what we are up to all the time...

MIBassKid

Hey fellas, getting anxious to get out there. Just wondering who was the winner of the DK Open last year??

-Kid

djkimmel

Revtro and the 'Wags' half of MadWags (split personality although actually two people) were the first DK Open Champs in 2005.

I have an idea about a page I'm going to set up to honor all winners including the first on my todo list. I was remiss in making it a lasting, longterm title not to be forgotten.

Who will win this year?? I'm going to put my money on the sly VinceR... (I haven't been on Wixom in several years...)

MIBassKid

Congratulations guys, hey Dan maybe you can make taht prediction into a contest? Maybe another guess of winning weight? All up to you

-Kid

VinceR

And the jinx is on, again. Gee, thanks.
Actually, with all the folks who voted to go to Wixom, I think that there are much better candidates for this years "favorite".? ;)

djkimmel

See - you are sly. You caught on to me immediately. A lot of the 'locals' aren't fishing. Must be the big guns from the SE scared 'em off.

stackenem

Bshaner, that was no problem just remember this when your wife kicks your butt in the tx. You probaly should let her win as a tent gets cold in the winter.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Revtro

I'm all for letting people bring their wives.  It's just a fun event.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

McCarter

I will not be able to make it to the DK Open this year.  My grandmother passed away and her funeral is Saturday.  Hope everyone has fun, and for godsakes, take some pictures and post them.

PB himself :-\'