Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:50:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Poll: Pick the 2012 Fall MadWags Memorial West Michigan Lake for Sunday Sep 30

Started by djkimmel, March 30, 2012, 10:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What lake would you like to see the 2012 Fall MadWags Memorial West tournament on?

Skegemog Lake
17 (38.6%)
Manistee Lake
8 (18.2%)
Portage Lake
2 (4.5%)
White Lake
6 (13.6%)
Hamlin Lake
10 (22.7%)
Mona Lake
5 (11.4%)
Cadillac/Mitchell Lakes
15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

djkimmel

Right now, the 2012 Fall MadWags Memorial Members Tournament West is scheduled for Sunday September 30th. I would prefer to go where the most members want to go, can catch some bass and enjoy themselves. I realize there is no one date or lake over there that will make everyone happy.

I just want to have good participation because it does take a fair amount of effort to put the event together. If you are likely to fish the event, please choose two lakes you would most like to fish during the event on September 30, 2012.

If you like, please share in this thread why you think one or both of your choices are the best choices thinking about everyone having the best chance to catch fish and enjoy their weekend. I will let this go for a while and then make the best choice based on all factors.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

I chose Manistee.  10+ fish over 4 lbs, 4 fish over 5 lbs, and a 6-4 this past fall is all the reason I need!   We caught so many fish up there it should be illegal!  It's also closer for most people, and given the price of gas that could be a major factor for participation.

My "backup" would be Mona... good fall smallie lake and it's close to home!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

TheFishinPollock

Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

mikesmiph

I chose two lakes I've heard great things, and I've never fished before. I love checking out new lakes.

customfishn

djkimmel

Quote from: mikesmiph on March 31, 2012, 09:21:50 AM
I chose two lakes I've heard great things, and I've never fished before. I love checking out new lakes.

Me too! When I can get to them.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: customfishn on March 31, 2012, 01:40:48 PM
I don't see a box for Hardy on the list!

For some reason, some people get upset and a little wound when I mention putting Hardy on the list. Some are happy though...? I guess... I could still add it??

customfishn

Quote from: djkimmel on March 31, 2012, 06:18:10 PM
Quote from: customfishn on March 31, 2012, 01:40:48 PM
I don't see a box for Hardy on the list!

For some reason, some people get upset and a little wound when I mention putting Hardy on the list. Some are happy though...? I guess... I could still add it??
It cant hurt to add it,  if you do I'm changing my vote!

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

customfishn

Quote from: Waterfoul on March 31, 2012, 09:17:38 PM
Keep that POS Hardy Pond off the list!!!!!   :o
Such harsh words for a place that everyone wants to be in the spring.  The fishing has only improved up there. 

thedude

who's voting for cadillac and mitchel? seriously? they aren't bad lakes, but seriously?  portage, manistee, skeg - still good choices for the fall.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

customfishn

If Hardy cant be on there Skeg is the place to be everyone can come in with 20+

TheFishinPollock

my pick would be skeg too. Plus I live really close.  But for the gass if it's  ehh around m55 ish  or north I'm good .
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Firefighter Jeff

I want to partner with Waterfoul  !!!!!   :D   ;D   :D   ;D

djkimmel

We hit Skeg on an off day somehow. Not sure what was going that day other than the upset duck hunters who actually had a great early shoot when we scared all the ducks out of the fog!

I guess, since I already had the 'dark horse' Cadillac/Mitchell on there (and thedude is anxious) I will not add anymore lakes. 7 choices seem like enough, doesn't it? It is the fall.

Mojo

Someone said smallies - so picked Mona..... I vacation on white 2 years in a row and absolutely love lakeside resort. however when folks post 20 + bags on skeg, I'd like to try that too. 

Ps: if someone takes me out on hardy , I'll sneak you on the six flags lakes !!! ( I got people lol )

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Mike S.

I sure hope we don't have to go to Skegemog again. I was not impressed with that one. I would rather fish White. I picked Hamlin and Mona. Mona is REAL close to home, and close to the heart. It's my favorite crappy lake to throw lures at.  ;D

customfishn

The 7 lakes on the list are all great fall lakes.  Any one of them would be a great place to fish.

Frank

I picked cadillac because I haven't fished there and my friend lives right up the road.  If its there were having a party at the roadway inn

Mike S.

Mojo, if you can get me on the Michigan Adventures lakes, I will take you to Croton. I don't know anything about it, but I have good electronics, and wouldn't mind going there.