Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:41:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2012 MadWags Memorial Members Tournament West Sun Sep 30 Lake Skegemog Signup

Started by djkimmel, March 30, 2012, 09:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Waterfoul

I will be there as a boater Dan.  Wasn't really all that sure until now.  Won't be able to pre-fish it at all as I have to work all day Saturday the 29th, so who ever fishes with me better have something worked out to find fish!   ;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

MSURoss

I wont be able to fish as non boater... Too  much school work and club responsibilities to do before the club tourney...  :-\'

djkimmel

Okay. Thanks to a pro-active cameraguy I'm slowly working on a list. Still have to finish going through PM, VM and email exceptions too.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

It actually looks like Veronica and I wont be able to make it. I didn't get the time off work. First time this year though, so can't complain too much.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

Let's just hope that with the weather pattern we are having lately, we don't get our first freeze again the night before. That was a major bummer last year.

thedude

bring on the cold water! lets just hope its not a crazy high-pressure front like last year. We fished that friday near lake michigan in 40mph winds and 2 story waves on the big lake lol. thats sept for ya - could be 90 and sunny or could be 45 are rippin..... shorter days and dropping water temps = fall feed bag. bring it on!
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Mike S.

Last year my boat had a white sheet on it by the time I got there. It was 26 degrees when I pulled in to the boat launch. Don't want that again.

TheFishinPollock

Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Mike S.

thedude

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Mike S.

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

deepdiver

I think you all should try camping in OPEN TENT like bassfan586 and myself did last year...talk about being cold!!!!!!!!!!!

cameraguy

Quote from: Mike S on September 17, 2012, 08:51:36 AM
Are the boater and non boater numbers close?

This is what I came up with by going through the pages. I understand that there are some who have e-mailed and PM'd Dan. It would be nice if everybody posted their intentions on this thread so someone other than Dan could do an accurate tabulation. That is why this thread exists.

Dan has not done a count because he is very busy trying to scratch out a living. BTW, he did not ask or tell me to post this. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he deletes it as he doesn't want to hurt anybody's feelings or create any ill will.

Also, this is supposed to be a "fun" tournament and a way for members to hang out and meet other members by doing what we all have in common...enjoying the sport/recreation of fishing. That's why this is designated a "draw" tournament.

BOATER
Waterfoul
FBENN1212
Mikesmiph
Cy
TheFishinPollock
Bob O
GENIE
BASSFAN586
FFJeff

NON-BOATER
Mojo
YpsiBass
Veronica
MA
cameraguy
Mike S
Customfish
Dkimmel
LGMOUTH
TheDude
Deep Diver
Jerkbait?

Mike S.

It looks like we will be hanging out alright, to the tune of 3 to every boat. I wish I could bring mine, but I just can't pay for the whole trip right now.

Mike S.

I will throw this out there.  I can't afford to foot the gas bill for the whole trip.  If someone from the west side, or someone who will be driving through the Muskegon area would be interested in splitting gas in the truck and in the boat 50/50, we could team up and fish.  At the very least, this would take me off the nonboater list, and put another NB in my boat.  Plus, it would put another NB in the boat I would have fished from.  Or, if two people wanted to split the trip 3 ways with me, it would keep a smaller boat from having to fish 3 people all day.  Just an idea, but I will need to know fairly soon.

Split 2 ways, this trip would cost roughly 70 to 75 bucks each.  3 ways, about 50 each.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: deepdiver on September 17, 2012, 01:47:03 PM
I think you all should try camping in OPEN TENT like bassfan586 and myself did last year...talk about being cold!!!!!!!!!!!

No way Kurt !!!  I was cold just sitting around your campfire last year !!!!!!   

djkimmel

Sorry. Death in the family. I will probably not get to this until after the out of town funeral Wednesday but I will get to it soon.

I have had a boater or two so far say they are willing to take 3 in a boat. We will probably need several. I do not expect to have my truck fixed and boat payed for in time for the event unfortunately so I'm riding up with someone.

Thanks for the initial tally. I have some of the PM, VM and email changes at least in 1 or 2 places to go through.