Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:46:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Favorite Fluro for smallmouth

Started by Weedsnager, March 27, 2012, 08:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weedsnager

I fish for smallmouth on lake Michigan, and I'm looking for a new fluorocarbon for smallmouth, what's your favorite in 6 or 8lb

Waterfoul

P-line or Seagaur.  I've had good luck with both.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Weedsnager

which seaguar?, they make about 4 different types

Wolverines

Seagar InvizX is really good for not a lot of money.  I also really like P-Line Halo and Sunline FC Sniper...
Plan Early for Fall of 2012!!!  Check out the NBAA Lake Michigan Fall Challenge:
http://www.nbaa-bass.com/pages/divisions/div_details12.php?division_id=217

FishermanJohn

I'm a P-Line fan.  Handles great in lighter test on my spinning reels as well as heavier tests on baitcasters.  I've also had really good success with Bass Pro XPS fluoro the last 2 seasons as well...overall found the P-line to be stronger and have more abrasion resistance.

djkimmel

I really like P-Line HALO a lot. I probably use it 60% or so, maybe more, of all my fishing for the past 5 years. I've used it so much that I haven't put their regular Fluorocarbon through a lot of paces yet. Halo is very tough with really good sensitivity. I guess I liked it so much as soon as I started using it that I didn't feel like using much else.

I do try to experiment a little to a lot each year but I got a bunch of Halo and find myself sticking with it for things. I've even found myself using Halo for things I would have used light braid in the past because it holds up so well. I still use some light braid when I think I'm taking too much of a risk but the Halo works for many tough tasks for me. Of course I use heavier braid for frogging and the super thick stuff, but I've tossed Halo into plenty of tough spots and pulled nice bass out.

I really like it for tubes and other smallmouth bass presentations. The sensitivity is there and it handles zebra/quagga mussels very well. Makes me a little lazy with my reties when I have those lucky days I'm really whacking some toads and don't even want to slow down to retie! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

SethV

Invizix gets my vote.  I use about 2000 yds of 10 lb a year and you can find it in bulk pretty easy.

TCook

Sunline sniper and Seaguar Invizx are the best flouro for the price imo, both very reasonable if you buy in bulk when TW or BTD has there 15-20% off sales. If you buy 200 yard spools its alot more costly and you throw away alot more excess. I always end up with 20 or 30 yards after my last respooling so if you buy 1000 yard spools you end up getting another 2 or so extra spools worth out of it on top of costing you alot less than 5 200 yard spools.
FISH HARD!!!

MSURoss

I have had success with Sunline Sniper, P-line and 100% Berkley.To save money I spool 1/4-1/2 of braid or mono backing.

bigjc

Quote from: CMURoss on March 28, 2012, 09:39:37 PM
I have had success with Sunline Sniper, P-line and 100% Berkley.To save money I spool 1/4-1/2 of braid or mono backing.

I don't think that braid is a good choice for backing material.  It is not chap! It has a tendancy to spin on the spool.

MSURoss

Yes it does on some spools but not on all  ;D

Weedsnager

I have never had braid slip on a spool. Put a little tape on the spool if it slips

fishstick

Victor Cerabone

Another vote for Invizix.  It will cost you, but it's worth it.  Especially on spinning gear.

TheFishinPollock

I like the Vicious. A little stifffer in the 17#  + sizes  , but that made in America stamp  helps me decide
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

MSURoss

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on April 04, 2012, 08:07:52 PM
I like the Vicious. A little stifffer in the 17#  + sizes  , but that made in America stamp  helps me decide

Do you have a problem with the line becoming cloudy?

TheFishinPollock

Na. every time im done fishing I spray conditioner on it , plus its never on there for more than 5 trips
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Manxfishing

Quote from: Victor Cerabone on April 04, 2012, 05:00:29 PM
Another vote for Invizix.  It will cost you, but it's worth it.  Especially on spinning gear.

3 for Inivizix or Red Label
There the company that made it first!

Mike S.

P Line Halo.  I love it.  I use 8, 10, 12, and 17#.