Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:50:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What's the verdict on the Classic coverage this morning?

Started by Dan, March 03, 2012, 12:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I thought they did a good job this morning. It was just an hour, and tomorrow at the crack of dawn 7:00 a.m. their Day 2 coverage will air with the final two hours at night at 9:30 pm.
I always wished they had more fish catches, but I also know the difficulty in putting together an outdoor show like this with participants being 90 miles apart. You can only have so many vidiographers. Maybe soon they will have cheap enough cameras to either affix them to the boat or have Marshals with photog abilities.
That fish that Palaniuk lost cost me Fantasy Fishing points and it looked to have really put a funk in Brandon's day.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

dartag

would have been nice if they showed more coverage of guys fishing.  they kept showing the guys catching or losing ( paulnick ) fish. I watched in on DVR so I was able to fast forward through the commercials.  seemed like a lot of them.  bet them guys are glad they get free motor service.  them powering through that mud made me cringe.  It was better than watching the snow blow across the ice though. 

dartag

Just finished day 2 and the coverage was better.  Lots more time showing fishing.  They are keying on the Lane brothers.  Maybe they know who won.   Lots of flipping and jig fishing.  Ott Defoe was using a Shad Rap on a spinning rod.   On to day 3 now.

Puma

It wasn't too bad, considering I am not a huge Zona fan.  We are not that fussy for quality of the picture and they have a number of small digital cameras that they could use to provide more footage.  A few of the newer ones are even recording in HD and 3D, and they are really pretty small.  With 4G technology, they could have the Marshall's shoot and bunch of shots and upload them immediately to be edited and used.  You could take it a step further and have these live, without a lot of expense and trouble it would seem.

dartag

1/2 way through day 3.   Nice thing with DVR is you can fast forward past the arena and fluff stuff and watch the fishing.  For some reason day 3 coverage started with gymnastics.  Hope it does not end the coverage early.  Zona and Sanders do get old fast

thedude

pretty stoked about espn moving the coverage back 6hrs for a girls basketball game and then furthermore pre-empting the start with 20 minutes of women's gymnastics. so i only missed the last 30 minutes or so.... espn can suck it.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Waterfoul

Quote from: thedude on March 05, 2012, 09:30:58 PM
pretty stoked about espn moving the coverage back 6hrs for a girls basketball game and then furthermore pre-empting the start with 20 minutes of women's gymnastics. so i only missed the last 30 minutes or so.... espn can suck it.

Yeah, what thedude said ESPN, you and your little prancing gymnasts can .......
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

dartag

I think they are re-playing day 3 next sunday.  maybe we will get to see the end then.  Probably  " Heidi " is on and they will cut in for that.

TheFishinPollock

I never got to see any of it. Been outa power since friday at midnight. Just got it back about a hour ago.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

djkimmel

Sorry to hear about your winter. They will show it again. The outcome will probably be the same! Good luck with the wood chopping. Not as fun as the wood chopping I did last week though... looking at the cuts, raws spots, blisters, other healing wounds and new callouses on my hands, maybe similar in effort!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.