Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:12:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

If you missed it the Alabama Rig FLW video in entirety

Started by djkimmel, December 05, 2011, 01:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

You can watch the entire Alabama Rig FLW Guntersville episode online at FLWOutdoors.com

Find a bunch of 'Bama Rigs from $16.99 at Bass Tackle Depot

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

KLAKE

Quote from: djkimmel on December 05, 2011, 01:45:05 PM
You can watch the entire Alabama Rig FLW Guntersville episode online at FLWOutdoors.com

Find a bunch of 'Bama Rigs from $16.99 at Bass Tackle Depot

Thanks!!

djkimmel

No problem! I just watched it! I definitely have to throw one of these next season! I wonder how they'd work on peacock bass?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

FishermanJohn

t-bone

I watched the episode yesterday and it really was impressive to see the rig in action. So I'm sure everyone wants to know if this will work in our waters and is it only a seasonal lure? Probably more effective in the fall when the fish are chasing shad?
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

I'm thinking since it is really just coming out to everyone, there's all kinds of variations and new angles that will spread out the usefulness or open up additional techniques. I've played with multiple rigs over the years but never consistently stuck with it.

I remember catching a good double smallie bite on St. Clair on some double tube rigs. I netted a double of a big smallie and a medium. Someone hollered over that they were in a tournament and couldn't get bit and here I was pulling them in two at a time! Of course, I was just fun fishing. I always got kick out of catching doubles on my old double Carolina Rig too - watching two largemouth bass bounce off each other when they both jumped! Fun.

Waterfoul

I'd like to know where else this "cult" bait has produced results like it did on Guntersville?  Call me cheap but I still think it's a LOT of money to shell out for something that MIGHT work in ONE situation a year... on lakes here in Michigan which do not have the shad balls and schooling characteristics of the southern reseviors.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Lots of schooling goes on on inland lakes and especially the Great Lakes. I've seen it every fall in particular that I fish any of the connected waters on your side of the state. I think you should just stick with the drop shot though...

It won the Pickwick FLW Regional before it won on Guntersville btw. It also won the last regional on Kentucky/ Barkley Lakes. But I would just stick with the drop shot for you. You have to fish your style.

I'm going to test one next season on different waters. I will share the results with you at the end of the season. ;D

KLAKE

Quote from: Waterfoul on December 06, 2011, 04:12:02 PM
I'd like to know where else this "cult" bait has produced results like it did on Guntersville?  Call me cheap but I still think it's a LOT of money to shell out for something that MIGHT work in ONE situation a year... on lakes here in Michigan which do not have the shad balls and schooling characteristics of the southern reseviors.

Bluegill, Perch, various minnows all school.

The way I'm looking at it is this.....You can ignore it....Likely becoming the guy who finally gives in once the really hot bite has already come and gone.
New things get beat to death, so IMO I'd rather be one of the ones using it off the bat vs waiting till the fish are conditioned to it.

Manxfishing

Thanx Dan
I have no cable, So I watched it online last night
It was interesting to pick up which swim bait that they were throwing
and the guy slow rolling grubs

Like others,
I don't see it working every time but I can see it working in Michigan some of the time. And what a bite that's going to be WHOOOOOO

GPaquette

Quote from: djkimmel on December 05, 2011, 06:00:46 PM
No problem! I just watched it! I definitely have to throw one of these next season! I wonder how they'd work on peacock bass?!?

I'm sure they'd bite it but durability would be an issue. Some guys in the FLW event were breaking the wires off.

Waterfoul

Let's not forget that down south they don't have ESOX fish.  No pike, no musky.  I think both those species will destroy these baits up here.  They just scream "come and eat me!!"  :o

I fish Table rock for 8 days every spring so you know I will have one in my arsenal for those waters.  But given the issues I have with my left hand/wrist (stoke induced arthritis) I know I won't be able to throw it for long.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

I was thinking that too but I didn't want to hold you back!