Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:27:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Have my 6 in The Bass Boys but happy to have more!

Started by djkimmel, October 31, 2011, 07:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

I have 5 in already for 2012 for The Bass Boys. I need 1 more person to sign up for 2012 to have my minimum of 6 members. The more members we get in before 12/31/2011, the better we can improve TBF of Michigan. I intend to help some more from this point on to improve things.

I'll have more information after the 11/6/2011 general TBF of Michigan meeting 1pm at Bass Pro Shops in Auburn Hills. In the meantime, join please. We need to be united to keep improving things for everyone and make sure we don't go backwards in our bass fishing and the environment.

Check out www.greatlakesbass.com/bassboys/ for information on how to join.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

eetz

I just sent Payment. 

Thank you for organizing this club for us.  I really appreciate it. 

djkimmel

Thank you and you are welcome. Up to 6 now. Maybe 7 tomorrow. I'd like to get everyone signed up this year before 12/31/2011 to get TBF as much operating money as possible. One of the best ways to help things improve.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

Dan, remind me, am I in or do I need to do something?

bigjc

Dan, how much are the dues?

Does that give the members opportunity to fish the state tourneys?

djkimmel

Quote from: Team houston on November 02, 2011, 07:02:30 AM
Dan, remind me, am I in or do I need to do something?

You are a member of TBF until 12/31/2011. You need to pay dues again if you want to be a TBF of Michigan / TBF Inc member for 2012 and get any priority entries - www.greatlakesbass.com/bassboys. Choose the drop-down option for TBF FLW Life Member if you want to pay online or follow directions for mailing payment to me.

djkimmel

Quote from: bigjc on November 02, 2011, 10:52:38 PM
Dan, how much are the dues?

Does that give the members opportunity to fish the state tourneys?

I do not have any local club dues. Total dues are $75 for 2012. That includes $25 for TBF of Michigan, $15 for TBF Inc (national) and $35 for FLW Outdoors (and their bass fishing magazine). That does make you eligible to fish the TBF of Michigan state championship and gives a path all the way to the TBF National Championship, BFL All-American and Forrest Wood Cup.

djkimmel

I'm up to 7 members now with 1 or 2 more coming in shortly. I will take all I can get because strong federations are a good thing for bass fishing.

Eric

I know a couple boaters that would likely be interested in joining.  One was an original Bass Boys member, but got farmed out to another club so they could have their 6th member, so they could start another club.  But I bet he would come back if Bass Boys wil lneed boaters to fish the fish off. 
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

djkimmel

I'm just getting started so have these couple of guys sign up soon. The earlier, the better. I'm turning in those who have signed up this week on Sunday.

motocross269

Dan, If they are still doing the magazine option the same can you load me as a " snail Mail" FLW magazine....Thanks,,.,

djkimmel

I always set everyone to a paper magazine. I'm not sure how other people end up with the electronic edition only as a default? That's not how my online member management comes up.

bigjc

What is deadline to join?  Yeah, I am a terrible procrastinator :P

djkimmel

There is no actual deadline right now BUT any member who enters too late for me to get them in to TBF National by 12/31/2011 gets us no benefits back from FLW Outdoors thereby taking money away from our overall budget.

We get a significant monetary kickback from the FLW Outdoors dues for every TBF member we turn in to them by 12/31/2011. After that date, no kickback. That is lost budget money of about $18 per member. If 5,000 anglers wait to join nationally after 12/31/2011, that is $90,000+ in operating money we don't get! From what I'm told we leave that or more on the table every season due to late memberships. What a waste...

Eric

Since I had the pleasure of fishing with eetz in the DK open last spring and practiced with him at Houghton Lake, can we be a boater/non-boater pair the club sends to the fishoff?
www.BassinWithEric.com

djkimmel

Fine with me if it is fine with him. Then all you have to do it join...

eetz

Hi Dan,

No problem, I'm happy to fish with Eric.....when he joins!

customfishn

Id like to join but are there meetings or anything I would have to attend?  Or is it just a membership and a entry in the the TBF state championship?

bsimpson

I will be more then happy to sign up with your club if there is non-boater that can join with me, so I don't have to run around at the last second (like I had to this year at Houghton) and look for a non-boater to pair with so I could enter as a boater.

Eric

Count me in.  I'll get on this week and get my money paid. 
www.BassinWithEric.com