Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:31:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Secord Lake Ramp

Started by gmetime24, September 09, 2011, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob620

The last time I tried to use the ramp at secord marina the owner said it was not open to public,because of insurance reasons.The Secord lake bar was across the street along with Secord lake party store and people used to tie up on the marina docks and that would be an insurance nightmare for Rob the marina owner.
     Cameraguy  your are right it is lake lancer I don't what know I was thinking.Did you fish secord lake besides in tournaments,seems like I talked to you on the lake years ago,you were slamming the pike on a gold colored spinner bait on the west side of the of the main lake.I am looking for the article that was in Bassmaster magazine.I bought two issues and made a frame showcasing the article and hung it in our cottage on secord lake.I talked to my Dad to today about it to see if he still had it in a box down stairs,he thinks it was still on the wall when the new owners took possession of the cottage.Seems the article was named The Bass of Secord Lake,and he talked about fishing late in the fall flipping jigs.I think he brought up Smallwood lake and Wixom lake also.

bob620

cameraguy

I have only been on the lake with Dan K and we did get a couple of pike in a bay so maybe that was it. My parents used to have a place on Lake Lancelot in Sugar Springs and I would spend most of my time there. After going to Secord with Dan, I really would have liked to spend more time there. It's a very interesting lake as are many of the Tittibawassee and Tobacco River impoundments.
     I really like Wixom and have never been on Sanford, but would like to go. I have fished Ross Lake from shore and did fairly well. I have never been on Smallwood but had the article from Bassmaster hung on my closet door for years to remind me to try it since my parent's cottage was so close. Plus, a ramp was right next to the bar my brothers and I would often go to when we were younger. I guess I was too busy fishing club tournaments or working.
     I tried to find older Bassmaster articles on their website to no avail. It's too bad they don't have them archived and accessible.

gmetime24

Well we decided to go out on Lake Lancer. I have never fished Secord and will probably wait till October to try it out and let the boat traffic calm down.

This was only my second time out on Lancer with the first being in the middle of May this spring. Had caught a ton of bass then but Saturday was a different story, We hooked into a couple big pike, a handful of rock bass and plenty of undersized largies. Did not get one big bass all day and that was kind of disappointing. It was a beautiful day on the water either way and we still had fun

Had to get some confidence back so we headed up to Sanford on Sunday.  We got on the fish rather quickly and found some nice ones to finish off a good weekend!

djkimmel

Well, that sounds pretty good too! I've only been on Sanford once or twice. I remember a club tournament everyone thought we had won but they didn't know that we were catching really fat bass that were all a 1/4 inch short. I think we ended up with one or two keepers.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Big dreams

Saturday on Secord wasn't anything special as well.  I landed two within the first 15 minutes for a total of just over 3 lbs.  That was the last bite I had all day.  As soon as the sun came up, I had a hard time tracking them down.  Tried deep in the cuts, points off the main channel, and the main channel itself.  Not sure where I went wrong...

djkimmel

It has always been a spotty lake for me. Maybe there's just too much good looking cover. But when you find the spot!?! I caught two toads off the same log in the 2 federation classics we had up there way, way back including a 5-9 big bass in the first event. I don't have a waypoint for that log but I'm sure I'll know it whenever I see it again ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.