Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:54:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Nate Wellman

Started by champion_206, September 02, 2011, 10:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

interesting article on BASSFAN.   Going to give the internet sites something to talk about until the Classic.

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article.asp?id=4059

Mini

Please remember that BASS is an organization that you have a privilege to fish. It is NOT a right. You can throw out all the legal mumbo jumbo....

They are the governing body NOT the legal system. The officials have every right to interpret the rules as they see fit, NOT a judge.

Once you sign the check over to BASS you live by their rules and their interpretation of said rules.

motocross269

Quote from: Mini on September 09, 2011, 11:54:51 AM
Please remember that BASS is an organization that you have a privilege to fish. It is NOT a right. You can throw out all the legal mumbo jumbo....

They are the governing body NOT the legal system. The officials have every right to interpret the rules as they see fit, NOT a judge.

Once you sign the check over to BASS you live by their rules and their interpretation of said rules.

That is true...Right of Refusal....But with money involved they have to be careful not to open themselves up to Civil Court....That is a different ball game altogether....Would this particular case stand up in a court of law if his exclusion was questioned....I don't know..

Now look at me I am a pedestal seat lawyer... ;D

Revtro

Quote from: Eric on September 09, 2011, 08:00:12 AM
Quote from: Revtro on September 08, 2011, 10:09:07 PM

Another thing that has not been brought up is the possibility of the co-angler making this up.  No

And Nate admitting he said what the co-angler made up????????????????

Anyone can lie about intent.  Yeah, it's entirely possible someone could say that something which was intended to be a joke was not a joke.  It happens if people have motive.  But that's not the point.  No one is really pointing the finger at the co-angler, nor am I.  The point is that anyone can lie about anything and without proof nobody will ever know the full truth of it.  Ever.  And yes, I believe Moto is right about possible civil liability especially if Wellman can prove that the report was after the reporting deadline, thus a violation of their own rules.  But again that's not the point I was making.  The only point I was making is that without real proof, none of us will ever know the whole truth.  So why hang Wellman?  We should just accept that BASS did the best they could with the information they had and move on, hoping that Wellman is somehow able to rebound from this.  
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Mini

Quote from: Revtro on September 09, 2011, 12:41:24 PM
Quote from: Eric on September 09, 2011, 08:00:12 AM
Quote from: Revtro on September 08, 2011, 10:09:07 PM

Another thing that has not been brought up is the possibility of the co-angler making this up.  No

And Nate admitting he said what the co-angler made up????????????????

Anyone can lie about intent.  Yeah, it's entirely possible someone could say that something which was intended to be a joke was not a joke.  It happens if people have motive.  But that's not the point.  No one is really pointing the finger at the co-angler, nor am I.  The point is that anyone can lie about anything and without proof nobody will ever know the full truth of it.  Ever.  And yes, I believe Moto is right about possible civil liability especially if Wellman can prove that the report was after the reporting deadline, thus a violation of their own rules.  But again that's not the point I was making.  The only point I was making is that without real proof, none of us will ever know the whole truth.  So why hang Wellman?  We should just accept that BASS did the best they could with the information they had and move on, hoping that Wellman is somehow able to rebound from this.  

Why hang him? I dont want the kid to die....I just want the proper person to win the tournament and get the berth to the Classic.

But ask yourself honestly....would you fish a tournament that he was entered in? I dont think I would.

Revtro

Come on now...It's a figure of speech.  Yeah, I'd fish against him. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Revtro

Although I'll never get the chance because well...I suck.   :P
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

C'mon now. You just don't want to spend a $1,000 on an entry and another couple thousand on expenses when you can just drive down the road and fish Lake St. Clair! Where you catch plenty of bass!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

LOL  Touche!  Speaking of, I'm having withdrawals because I couldn't get out this weekend! 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

1javelin

Actually I think it is a $2,000 entry minimum, $1,000 to fish and at least $1,000 to the guy with the biggest fish ;D

Now I've never been one to convict someone or hold it over their head, cause I am a person that knows what second chances are made of.  But his second chance shouldn't be able to come for at least a year, like FLW handled it.  He hasn't rebuked any of the statements made, therefor he is admitting guilt by omission in my opinion.  Ask for the polygraph test if you really are innocent.

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Bender

Quote from: dartag on September 08, 2011, 06:16:15 PMLast year when the guy got caught putting weights in fish a lot of people at work and friends asked me if I did that. 
I can't tell they weren't fisherman. Otherwise they would have asked if you prefer using tungsten over lead for that purpose.   :D
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

cameraguy

The people at BASS are reasonable and intelligent. They had more information than anybody. They made the best decision with what they had to work with and it is their decision to make. Good enough for me.
Who is gonna win the World Series?

Mini

I think you are giving them WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT Mark!

This is the type of stuff that will come out now...

Ish Monroe - "All B.A.S.S. had to do was DQ him for the event and sweep it under the table. Now it's a rules infraction with tons of questions. I'm not a cheater, but hey, now I can buy a 4-pounder and take a $2,500 fine and probation to win the event? Sign me up."

Do we want this to be the perception of the sport?

And to answer your question Mark....the Detroit Tigers in 6 :)

Mini

FWIW I consider Ish's comment to be a joke. NOT Wellman's.

Because now I have to think of Wellman's comment as nothing more than him expressing his envy!

At least until he tells another tale.

bassmandan

"dont stop keep fishing"

sterk149

This just in - 2012 hottest new option for tournament bass boats - the on-board Credit card scanner - so when your partner gets that hog during a tournament and your dad is low on pocket cash - no porblem just slide your credit card through the scanner and you instantly have a hog in your livewell and it credits you parnters account that way there is no having to come up with " its only a joke excuse " cost of this new option = " Priceless "
  ( thanks Nate!!! )
Camp & Cruise - Sales
RDT- Reel Deal Tournaments - Owner/ tournament director

Chad@campandcruise.com

LAPORTE

Really ? ... Lets put this to rest already. Dan Please stop the madness
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

djkimmel

I've been hoping people will just get tired of beating the horse and let it take itself out to pasture.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

Agreed.  I was just about to say something.  I think it's time to chill out about this topic before it gets too out of hand.  If people want to keep banging on Wellman, I think there's a Facebook page for that.   :P
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel