Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 03:34:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Ego-free fishing report 7/1

Started by Revtro, July 01, 2011, 11:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

It's hard to have much of an ego after a day like today.  We got out on the water at 6 at the 11 Mile Ramp.  My partner did not yet get his Canadian license, so we were forced to fish US water.  Not wanting to keep fishing the same ole stuff and catching smaller fish, we opted for trying out some new areas including some deeper stuff.  We started the day out a couple miles offshore at a 12 ft. hump...nothing.  We cranked, tubed, dropshotted, spinnerbaited.

So we decided to try some summer spots out deep in the middle of the US side.  Nothing.

We moved toward the shipping channel and fished some areas that had grass and rock in about 15-17 FOW.  Nothing. 

We moved to the firecracker.  Nothing

We came back and worked out from 10 Mile starting in 15FOW.  Nothing

We moved in to 11 FOW and everything in between.  Nothing.

We moved into 9.5 and everything in between.  Got two followers on spinnerbaits, but no hookups.  Nothing.

Starting to see a pattern develop?  Yep.  NOTHING.  I suppose if we had moved South right away, we could have done better.  If we had been able to fish Ontario, we'd have certainly done better.  The South Shore is where I'd rather have been today.

So for the first time this year...I got a big fat ZERO. 

I was forced to go eat fish at Lake Breeze and call it a day.  Well, at least you know I'm not making this report up.  I'm not inflating my numbers or size of fish.  LOL

My next outing will be in Ontario along the South Shore where I wanted to fish today.  Can't wait.  I must redeem myself and maybe get a little pride back.   8)
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Ah, a fishing report of hope and redemption (maybe) ;D

We've all had these days Rev

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LennyB

It sounds like a very successful day of eliminating unproductive water. That's all part of the game.

bob620

Tom,Maybe its my fault.After all I talked to you the night before, I might have put the mojo on you since I had a simular outing the last time I was out.

Bob Galloway

Revtro

Quote from: MBFT on July 02, 2011, 06:18:17 AM
It sounds like a very successful day of eliminating unproductive water. That's all part of the game.

LOL.  Yep, that's pretty much how we looked at it.  :)  It's weird how fast the fishing can change.  I've been fishing St. Clair for about 15 years now and I still don't know what happens to the Mile Roads fish about this time of year.  I have always wondered where the heck these fish move to if indeed they do move out of the area. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

Quote from: bob620 on July 02, 2011, 11:19:28 AM
Tom,Maybe its my fault.After all I talked to you the night before, I might have put the mojo on you since I had a simular outing the last time I was out.

Bob Galloway

Actually if he had gone fishing with Mojo it could have been worse.    :o

BD                                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LennyB

Quote from: Revtro on July 02, 2011, 01:33:18 PM
Quote from: MBFT on July 02, 2011, 06:18:17 AM

LOL.  Yep, that's pretty much how we looked at it.  :)  It's weird how fast the fishing can change.  I've been fishing St. Clair for about 15 years now and I still don't know what happens to the Mile Roads fish about this time of year.  I have always wondered where the heck these fish move to if indeed they do move out of the area. 

I think what happens on LSC in that 1st 2 week period of July along the mile roads is that the fish are scattered form literally spawning everywere from the mouth of the Detroit River all the way to Selfridge. I thinks as the spawn ends they start pulling out and grouping up in tight areas and it is easy to fish right by them and not catch them. When I find them in the summer they are in small packs in areas that have the forage. Most off the time when I find a wad of them as I drift out of the school I start catching alot of perch. I think the numbers of smallies are out there just follow the food. When I find them they usually are there for a week or so then I have to work to find another school and it starts over. Often I have to fish four or five hours without a bite and then wham, 25 in a row.

Just my .02$

dartag

At least you were out fishing.

Fished Thursday on Pontiac had a bad day.  Was not really happy.   On the way home I checked my work voicemail and found out my office mate passed away after a year long battle.  Made not catching fish seem not so bad.

Get um next time.

ss.

Revtro

Steve, so sorry to hear that man.  That's sad to hear.  Yes, sometimes it's all about perspective.  Many of us here will be praying for your office mate's family and friends during this difficult time. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Mojo

Quote from: Revtro on July 01, 2011, 11:08:31 PM

My next outing will be in Ontario along the South Shore where I wanted to fish today.  Can't wait.  I must redeem myself and maybe get a little pride back.   8)

Speaking of Shouth Shore, any reports from the guys on how things are right now out East ??

And - BD - .......... moving lips have never won a tournament ........  :o  bring it to the scales .......  :o
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Skulley

Pa shaw Mojo!!  First you got to get a boat. I don't remember you having one........mojo. Hey Mojo.....you there??

BD                              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Mojo

It would be easier to just ignore you ... but I know you are kidding with me, but I'll make a mention here cause EVERYONE asks me that same question so here's my GLB answer:

Hey - when I have so many finer, high quality, friendly, kind, and non-arguementative boaters like those I've met on GLB..... It makes it easier to swallow that Im buying a family pontoon first this year.  I'll have a bass boat once the kids want nothing to do with me except when my car keys are needed.....

Right now I'm just a highly considerate, gas money $$$$ loaded, fairly experienced LSC non-boater. Never claimed to be anything more than that, but I will help a boater get a strong 5 in TX. That too has been proven at the scales.

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Mike S.

Quote from: Mojo on July 05, 2011, 12:44:28 AM
It would be easier to just ignore you ... but I know you are kidding with me, but I'll make a mention here cause EVERYONE asks me that same question so here's my GLB answer:

Hey - when I have so many finer, high quality, friendly, kind, and non-arguementative boaters like those I've met on GLB..... It makes it easier to swallow that Im buying a family pontoon first this year.  I'll have a bass boat once the kids want nothing to do with me except when my car keys are needed.....

Right now I'm just a highly considerate, gas money $$$$ loaded, fairly experienced LSC non-boater. Never claimed to be anything more than that, but I will help a boater get a strong 5 in TX. That too has been proven at the scales.

Hey man, they have some pontoons that have livewells and so on.  There's a nice 22 footer on Muskegon CL for less than $9,000.  You guys crack me up!