Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:57:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Could use some prayers for my Dad....

Started by motocross269, June 09, 2011, 01:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motocross269

My Father goes to U of M medical center for Surgery on Tuesday for an operation to remove a brain tumor...He has multiple tumors but they are going to start with the one that is causing the most symptoms and work from there...He had a tumor removed over 30 years ago and has survived this long so I am trying to remain optimistic...He is pretty tight with info, probably because he doesn't want to worry me, so I am struggling getting specifics..
I am very close to my Dad...We spent alot of time fishing, hunting and racing motorcycles together...It could be a tough year..
Another concern to pray for is care...His wife is pretty much incompetent and has her own personal issues so I am not real comfortable with her taking care of him....He retired up to Cadillac so distance is going to be an issue....Lesson learned..Think long and hard before you move away from your support network in retirement..
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers...His name is Gary...
Brian

LAPORTE

Ill send some up for you and your father Brian.

I have been dealing with my in laws of late. They were in a car wreck last week. I know whay you mean about being so far away they live in Oscoda.. it's been tough

Keep the faith,  call to chat if you like

DL
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

McCarter

t-bone

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Revtro

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Victor Cerabone

Just asked for some healing for your father.  Keep your head up Brian.

mikesmiph

Brian, as you know, I was asking for the same thing a year ago. I wasnt sure exactly what I was asking prayers for, but I guess they worked in my case. My dad isnt suffering anymore, and hes in a much better place. Prayers sent to you and your dad for recovery. Call me if you need anything at all.

motocross269

fiker

Prayers sent to you, your Dad, and the rest of the family.
It's a tough time for sure.  May you find comfort and peace in the arms of the Lord.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

bosshawg

if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

bassinman#1

Prayers are out there for you and your Dad. Lean on Jesus!!!!!

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Will keep you and your Dad in my thoughts and prayers Brian  !!!!

Skulley

My Dad passed 13 years ago from a brain tumor known as Glio Blastoma.  He was 78 years old.  I will pray extra hard and extra long for you Father's good fortune and good health.  Prayers sent.

BD                           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

motocross269

Quote from: UAWBigDog on June 11, 2011, 10:24:00 PM
My Dad passed 13 years ago from a brain tumor known as Glio Blastoma.  He was 78 years old.  I will pray extra hard and extra long for you Father's good fortune and good health.  Prayers sent.

Thanks for the thoughts....My dad has been pretty vague with us on specifics..I may not know much until after Tuesday....

Skulley

Moto I got a lot of information when you find out exactly what your Dad has.  I will send you my cell number in a PM if you ever have any questions.  Depending on how old your Dad is will be huge.  I pray that he comes out well.

If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

motocross269

Thanks alot Dog....

Well...My dad was scheduled for Surgery at 7am yesterday...They got him all suited up and basically on the table ready to go and the Surgeon got pulled to work on an Emergency Brain Aneurism..They rescheduled my Dad's Surgery for June 30th...

My dad drove all the way down from Cadillac to have the Surgery done and spent the night in Ann Arbor..The Delay was mentally taxing for him..
Things happen and it was no ones fault..The hospital even reimbursed him for the Hotel and travel expenses...

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers and thanks for the support...

motocross269

I am sitting here in Neuro ICU waiting for my Dad to be brought up from Surgery...Sounds like everything went well..The surgeon was able to remove all of the tumor that he can see visually...He said there could still be some tumor at the cellulor level but we won't know until the labs and tests are in...

So far so good...

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers...

mikesmiph

Very good news Brian. Will keep prayin

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"