Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:22:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

How Much Time do you Spend? & The TBF Youth Program

Started by Anthony Adams, June 08, 2011, 05:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Adams

How much time do you put into the sport of fishing? How much love do you really have for the future of this sport?

How much time do you spend each year dreaming of going fishing, thinking about fishing, fishing, buying tackle, or practicing?

How much of your time do you invest in getting rods ready, shopping for new equipment, spooling lines, or cleaning your tackle out?

How much money do you invest in boat payments, insurance, tackle, electronics, and equipment?

I don't know about you but I spend a lot of time and a ton of money on this sport every year...

But here is the real question.......

How often do you give back to the sport we all love?
How often do you realize that their are kids out there who never get to go fishing.
Those same kids spend just as much time as we do dreaming about the sport.

Some anglers give back but there are many out there who take from the sport and never give back. Are you one of those anglers?

If you are shame on you....

I've can proudly say that I have dedicated much of my life to giving back to the future of this sport. Yet I never feel like I have given enough.

There are several events a year I try to make a priority to make as I feel it is my duty as fishermen to give back.

Those events are.

Fish-n-Friends - takes underprivileged children fishing.

TBF youth state championship.

BASS Youth state championship.

Oakland County Sheriffs - Handicapped Children's fishing event.

However this year I am unable to make the TBF youth state championship and I feel horrible. I hear they are in need of some boaters and since I can't make it I was hoping I could at least help by quilting others into helping out.
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Anthony Adams

I guess my guilt trip didn't work.

This is Saturday on Pontiac lake.

Is there anyone with a heart that wants to take a kid fishing?
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: Anthony Adams on June 08, 2011, 11:08:26 PM
I guess my guilt trip didn't work.

This is Saturday on Pontiac lake.

Is there anyone with a heart that wants to take a kid fishing?

The approach might have been a little too strong but I thought there would be at least a few responders with some sort of comment :) :)

How about this - if we don't get more youth and new blood into the sport who's money will there be to take down the road?

Seriously though the last time I spoke with Brian B. we still needed 8 boats and with all the great members on this site we should have that taken care of by tomorrow - this event has grown every year so let's keep it growing by donating a day on the lake with the future of the sport or even the next KVD.
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

t-bone

I'm bringing my boat to the "tip ups for troops" on the same day. Which should also be on your list. Taking a wounded veteran out for a fishing trip is pretty rewarding.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

motocross269

Quote from: t-bone on June 09, 2011, 07:53:52 AM
I'm bringing my boat to the "tip ups for troops" on the same day. Which should also be on your list. Taking a wounded veteran out for a fishing trip is pretty rewarding.

This is consistently an issue with this event...It really cuts into the numbers for TBF youth...I would think that a lesson would be learned and TBF would run the youth event on another weekend..I know there are scheduling conflicts etc but the Veterans event pulls in alot of local boaters...
I cannot do either this year...My oldest Daughter's open house is Saturday...

Anthony Adams

Quote from: t-bone on June 09, 2011, 07:53:52 AM

I have a great deal of respect for our armed forces. Those types of events used to be very high on my list as I have both volunteered and organized take your troops fishing events in the past. While I commend everyone who does these events because I feel they are important events.

I think any event that promotes the future of the sport should be commended.

However these types of events are no longer on my list. I lost a close relative in Iraq and I just don't have the heart to do them anymore. For me it's just to difficult.

t-bone

It was the same day last year and I know I would volunteer to do both if the scheduling could be worked out. No question that they are both events that should be supported by the local community.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

McCarter

I agree they should better so they do not fall on the same dates but it is near impossible to schedule tournaments of any kind in this area without overlapping.  I appreciate the vets and the sacrifices they have made to protect our country and our freedoms but I cant bare the thought of 2 kids getting left behind due to a lack of boats.

Be nice to do both tho.