Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:41:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

smallies

Started by Bass Ninja, April 26, 2011, 07:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bass Ninja

Just wondering if the smallies will be near north island and the charities for the opener this weekend. 

Thanks,
Bass Ninja

Crankenstein

they were there last years opener, but the water was also about 15 degrees warmer.  This has been a bad spring.  I guess you dont know if ya dont try.

MBell

They'll be on north most likely but I'm not sure about charity yet.  We'll have to see.
-Matt

Bass Ninja

Thanks Guys, I am planning on launching at Bayshore on Sat unless the winds are bad.  Crankenstine we should meet up if you are fishing up there on opening day.

Later,
Bass Ninja

MBell

They're calling for South @ 13 right now with high of 63 and partly cloudy.  Not bad for what we've been having.  Is the channle marked @ bayshore yet?
-Matt

Bass Ninja

I don't know but that would be something I would like to find out.  I know it is real shallow there and you have to be careful.  I would think a south wind would be good. Thanks for the reply's guys.

Bass Ninja

Baybass

The channel was not marked as of last weekend,  I am going to launch out of marina.  Good luck out guys, 

Bass Ninja

So I went out with my brothers on Sat. we launched from caseville and my brother was driving the boat.  the channel was not marked and we ran ground maybe 20 yrds from pier.  A very nice man from one of the commercial fishing companys pulled us out and we were on our way to Charity's.  It was god tellings us to be carefull I think.  We tried fishing the North east side of the big island in about 5-8 fow and didn't get a bite.  The wind started to pick up so we decided to head in because we didnt want to get in trouble. We were going to hit north island but from the last satelite pic it looked really muddy.  So we ended up lake hopping to Lakeville lake and Orion Lake.  We ened up getting 25 bass and 3 pike between the two lakes.  I am not real familiar with Sag Bay but it looks like a great spot for smallies.  thanks for all the info guys and the next time I go I will ask someone who knows the lake better then I do to come along.

thanks,
Bass Ninja

MBell

Smallies are up pre spawn strong.  Difficult to locate but they are in huge schools if you find them.  On sunday had 40+ fish off of one spot with about 60 total for the day.  Best five went 23lbs 14oz with two 5lbs 0oz fish in the bag.  Had my shot at two more big ones that may have given me a shot at 25lbs.  Fish were very fat and spitting 3-4" gobys.  A little early for charity, it's cold out there!  Anyways you better have good wind to run out of caseville, it's the shortest run to the island but your on the wrong side and any kind of North or East wind will get you rocked.  The channel at bayshore is marked, but very narrow and shallow so stay on pad.
-Matt

Bass Ninja

MBell, Hey if you are ever looking for someone to fish with let me know.  I am a teacher and have the whole summer off.

Bass Ninja

Redbone

Ninja, were do you go for your satalite pics?

Bass Ninja

Here is the web site I use for Satelite pics.  Just click on the the lake you want to see.  They take 2 pictures a day sometimes 3.  If you want to see Lake St. Clair you have to click on Lake Erie.

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/region_map.html

Bass Ninja

djkimmel

Quote from: Redbone on May 03, 2011, 08:45:16 PM
Ninja, were do you go for your satalite pics?

That link any many more covering pretty much all the weather and water conditions you could ever want on the GreatLakesBass.com Weather links page!

Satellite links
Surface temps
Weather buoys
Marine Weather reports
Weather reports

All on one page.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.