Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 08:21:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Trolling Motor Control On high Power

Started by yukonjack2, April 19, 2011, 01:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what % of boat Owners have had issues with trolling motor control on high power upon startup?

90-100%
5 (55.6%)
70-89%
0 (0%)
50-69%
1 (11.1%)
30-49%
0 (0%)
<30%
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

yukonjack2

Guys:

Spring is here, and everyone is chomping at the bit to get your boats out and get fishing. 
We get teased with 80F for one day, and 2-4" of snow less than a week later - how unfair.  I posted this poll to remind boat owner of one of the greatest issues going with high power cable steer trolling motors - the head swinging wildly upon startup on high?  How many have almost been thrown from the boat? How many have issues following a weedline or track without having to constantly adjust the pedal cause it drifts left or right? 

I have found the right product - its called Troll perfect.  A very simple add-on that tensions your pedal to your liking.  Best part - its cheap.  In the days of $2000 electronics, and $1000 plus trolling motors, a very inexpensive solution to an age old problem is always welcomed.  Take a look at www.trollperfect.com for details and tell em Jack sent ya. 

I think it is always good to spread the word when you come across a great product or a deal you cant resist?  Let me know by PM what ya'll think.

Jack
248-762-0311
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

fiker

I picked up one at the Wonderland show a few weeks back.  Talked several of my friends into it as well. 

I can't testify that I've used it.  Like you said.  It snowed here yesterday. 

But soon.....
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

fowlmouth

I am ordering one, never heard of it before your post Jack. I have, however had issues w/ my trolling motor. I used to be able to leave constant on and only put my foot on the pedal to change direction. Last year I couldnt take my foot off the pedal, it would torque steer all over. Hopefully this will remedy that.

fiker

It is supposed to.  That's why I got it.  Maybe I won't need a recessed pan. 

Forget I said that.  I want a recessed pan. 

yukonjack2

Recessed pan is a great thing - it changes the angle of your leg to a more comfortable position, but does not eliminate the torque steer or the constant adjustments need to stay on track especially in high winds and waves.  This allows you in less than a minute on the water to adjust the troll perfect to your liking for pedal control stiffness.

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Bender

I was fishing with Ryan Said down on Pickwick earlier this spring and he had one. He really likes his so I made sure to pick one up at the Wonderland show. I haven't been home since then to put it on the boat, but this weekend I will. My TM is not digital so when it comes on at high speeds it kicks all over the place so I'm really looking forward to this device.

Ryan also had electric-assist hydraulic steering. I wish I could add that for $20.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

yukonjack2

G-man Swindle had one too for his second place finish down at Toledo bend.  He mentioned to Bassfan it was part of his top finishing equipment list fighting the 20+ mph sustained winds down there  and trying to fish the main lake.

Check it out out bassfan.com.
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy

bob o

i've used my trollperfect now a few times and i love it, i can hit the power without the trolling motor changing direction all over the place or trying to kick me out of my boat. i love the thing, i just wish i would have thought of it first ;D

Redbone

I just clicked the wrong one.  Never had a trouble with either MG or MK. But let me go knock on some wood now.  Thanks.

Bender

I've been using this now for about 15 trips. It has done exactly what it said it would do. I can start the TM at any speed and it doesn't jump around at all. Also the TM stays in the direction in which it is pointing so I don't have to keep making adjustments. Of all the stuff I've bought this year, this is probably the best value.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

fiker

I've used mine now for several trips as well.  I fish with my trolling motor on constant on quite a bit.  I've adjusted the Troll Perfect with the correct tension.  It works so good, I'm not sure anymore that I need a recessed pan.  My foot is seldom on the pedal except for minor adjustments now and then. 

I'm going to hold off buying the pan for $130 for awhile and see how it goes.  The $19.95 I spent on the Perfect Troll is doing all that it said it would.