Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 05:07:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Nemesis Gobie wins Cass Lake

Started by fishon1219, June 23, 2008, 12:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishon1219

The Wayne County Bass Anglers held there 2nd event of the year on Cass lake June 22nd and what a great day it was.

I arrived at the launch with a 50 count bag of 3" Nemesis gobies in KLB and handed out a few to some of the anglers at the pre-tournament meeting and off we went.

My co-angler who is new to Bass fishing and has basically no tackle and doesen't even own a fishing rod borrowed what ever I would let him use. Of course I told him anything in this boat is yours and I hooked him up a drop shot rig with the Nemesis gobie and he went to town. We started fishing at 6:30ish and he had 3 keepers in the boat at 7:00. I was being a little stubborn fishing memorys and was throwing a bekley gulp fry worm and still didn't have a keeper at 9:00 and in fact only caught 4 short fish while my co-angler was culling. So, I finally wised up, drank a red bull and put in a fresh pinch of Kodiak and put on the Nemesis Gobie in KLB and caught 3 keepers right away.

My co-angler was culling fish all day and I was just executing poorly. Missing hookset's breaking line etc. I finally managed to get 4 keepers and lost number 5 at least 10 times.

My co-angler won the event with just under 9lbs and took big fish with a 2 3/4lber and the 3rd 4th and 5th place finishers caught all their fish on the Nemesis Gobie.

We fished the entire day by keeping the boat parallel with the drop off, seeing sand on one side of the boat and deep blue water on the other. We would cast ahead of the boat and just keep the line tight and shake the gobie a little bit at a time and work it back. We just moved along very slowly working the bait back to the boat and bumping forward with every cast.

The report I got from the other finishers was the same pattern as mine.

Lots of fish were caught during this event and one of the guys I gave some of the Nemesis gobie's too found me on the water to get somemore because he ran out.

This gobie is going to be a big money winner on lots of these inland waters this season as it it designed to look like a gobie, but also will replicate a smaller bait fish with the way it just stands straight out on the hook and has that little dance with a slight shake of the rod.

If you haven't tried them because you think they are only good for the big water do yourself a favor and try them on your favorite inland lake. Any place you would throw a drop shot or a shaky head would be the place to use these gobies.

Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

dashaver63

I ordered some of those in green pumpkin with small green and red flake, I then dipped the tail in chartreuse Spike-It. My son and I proceded to catch over 20 keeper largemouth and a 29" walleye in our local reservoir.  Can't wait to go back, I have 1 bag left.

BPXTREME

Hey, I was wondering what type of hook is good to use with the gobies. I'm headed to K&D tomorrow so I can pick some up.

McCarter

There is an ongoing discussion about drop shot hooks ont his forum.  Click the link below to read it from the beginning.  A lot of good info there.

http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=4404.0;topicseen

Hope this helps.

McCarter himself :-\'

Durand Dan

I prefer a #1 Owner Hook. Strong and sharp.

BPXTREME

Thanks for the link McCarter. :) Also, thank you Dan for the info...that seems to be the favorite amongst most the members that posted.