Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:05:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

New to airbrushing

Started by bassfan586, January 27, 2011, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassfan586

I bought an airbrush kit to try this back in april.  But didn't get to trty it out until recently.  These are my first.  I read the post about posting pics but still don,t really understand.  I hope this works.

Got one!

Cheetam

Those all look really good!  Your baby bass pattern is sweet!
Jeff

bassfan586

The brighter bass were my first attempts.  The two pop max ko are my second try.  I dont have the eyes yet but will dab a little epoxy over them when they arrive.  Tried to get close to show detail.

The brighter

[IMG]http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m512/bassfan586/DSC_0201.jpg[/IMG]
Got one!

bassfan586

I did these last night.  My fist attempts at a bluegill or sunfish

Got one!

bassfan586

Some sort of natural shad pattern.  My first was in the original series of pics.  I tried hand brushing the stripe but that sucked bad.  Made a mask for the other.  These are my 2nd attempts at it

Got one!

Cheetam

Dude, it takes guys weeks, months or years to get a bluegill/sunfish pattern to look that good!  Awesome work!
Jeff

bassfan586

The first one is the lighter color one.  I didn;t think the stripes were close enough.  I use the airbrush to do them.  I adjust the paint flow and test on paper.  I really have no idea what i'm doing.  I fequent tackleunderground for tips and read a lot but with a 2 year old I don't have the time to play with it unless I stay up real late.  I have a smallie that I tried last night.  Its cureing now.  Will post  pics later.  Thank you for the compliments. 
Got one!

bassfan586

I use createx and a lot of pearls and iridescents to get the color to change.  I gave the sunfish a light pearl purple dusting and it looks cool in person but you lose it in a pic.
Got one!

bassfan586

Some other close up to see the scale efect

Got one!

bassfan586

Got one!

MadWags

Very very nice work.
I'll bet it is Pervasively Contagious.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

bob o

Quote from: bassfan586 on January 27, 2011, 09:42:24 PM
I bought an airbrush kit to try this back in april.  But didn't get to trty it out until recently.  These are my first.  I read the post about posting pics but still don,t really understand.  I hope this works.

Hey bassfan586, have you seen this post yet
http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=9329.0

stop on by and shoot some paint with us

fiker

I So wish I could.  Because I'd SO like to be able to do that. 

Good job man.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

bassfan586

Contagious doesn't even begin to cover it.  I find myself at work wondering "if I basecoat black and then appy mesh I bet my scales will really stand out.........."  Or my base colors for a blugill could maybe work for a decent perch pattern"  This whole week I have been up till 12/1230 every nite fooloing around with it.  I'm stealing baits out of the boat.  I only recieved 15 for a gift at christmas.  Its almost as much fun as fishing.
Got one!

bassfan586

I did see that post.  I'm waiting to hear about a couple of jobs first.  I can't pass up the work in the winter.
Got one!

edyer

I have been prepping some old cranks, but haven't started painting yet. I'm feeling anxious, but a little intimidated at the same time. You must have a natural talent, because your bluegill and baby bass patterns are as good as I've seen.

kgr624

What kind of airbrush do you have? I tried copying a couple. I will post pics this weekend. I am addicted. Yours are awsome!
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

kgr624

See some nice videos on you tube of painting baits. Thinking some of you guys should use a Flip video and paint a paint on film. Think it would all of us out, trying to get this hobby done right. thanks

Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

bassfan586

I use an iwata hp c+.  I did some research  before I took the plunge.  I read a lot about it before I even started using it.  Also I have a 36"x48" piece of paper on my desk that I practise on before I paint the lure so I can see how much to thin or not thin paint and what air pressure works best.  I also write everything down so I can replicate what I'm doing.  Some patterns are really easy for me.  Now ive been trying to paint a perch for a week.  I'm getting closer to the right ratios but I think my 2 year old can do better.
Got one!

Cheetam

It's funny how some patterns come much easier than others.  The best part is trying to figure them out  ;D.
Jeff