email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone running Lowrance Sidescan?  (Read 2446 times)

1javelin

Anyone running Lowrance Sidescan?
« on: February 08, 2011, 08:52:12 PM »

I found an awesome deal on 2 HDS8's and LSS1, and am looking for some feedback from anyone that has them and even can compare them to HB. any info would be appreciated! I already know Lowrance customer service is a little behind, but I can find the right people to circumvent that if need be. Truth is, I should never need customer service to begin with!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

2k JIGS

• GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Fingerling
  • View Gallery
    • Kustom Kicker Jigs
Re: Anyone running Lowrance Sidescan?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 10:06:19 AM »

My partner and I ran the SS on our HDS 5 Last year and it seemed to work great. The only problem was the 5 inch screen(you need a bigger screen then a 5 inch to really tell what is going on), but if you are getting the 8 you should love it. I do think that the down scan on the HDS is better then the Bird, but the birds side scan is way better.

The HDS don't handle rain very well. I forgot to take mine off the boat while i was trailering it back home through the rain, and some how water got inside the unit. It took me about 24 hours to get a hold of a customer service rep, but when i did I got a new unit in a week. Since then I have fished in the rain many times with out any problems, so maybe I just had a bad unit.

1javelin

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:10:26 PM »

I've heard quite a few times about water getting inside the units, seems like it happens more with the 5 than any other size. Not sure if that is still an ongoing problem. For the money, it better take a bullet and keep on ticking! Pm me if you want, but what do you see as the difference on the Sidescan compared with HB's side imaging? I want to make a moderately informed decision, not based wholly on opinion from people I don't know, so hopefully more people chime in as well!

1jav

2k JIGS

• GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Fingerling
  • View Gallery
    • Kustom Kicker Jigs
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 01:53:32 PM »

I have no scientific facts to give you on either of the units. I have been on the water with thedudes HB and I just felt that it had better picture quality on the side image then the HDS. However it was the opposite on the down imaging.   

1javelin

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »

Justin is a computer genius and a Viking, therefore not to be trusted with electronic jargon! Just joking Justin, I respect your opinion as well. Apparently you don't text or I got you in a drunken dash to do something else, I never did hear from you on the blanks.

1jav

2k JIGS

• GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Fingerling
  • View Gallery
    • Kustom Kicker Jigs
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 04:25:21 PM »

Justin is a computer genius and a Viking, therefore not to be trusted with electronic jargon! Just joking Justin, I respect your opinion as well. Apparently you don't text or I got you in a drunken dash to do something else, I never did hear from you on the blanks.

1jav

Justin is the smartest man alive. In one day's time he built a house, took apart a computer(just for fun) and put it back together, made 5 websites for his friends, delivered a baby, drank a whole keg, gave a seminar on how to build a rod, and finished the day by boating a 20lb bag of large mouths!!! 

MadWags

• Life is too short. Go fishing.
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Dan and I go back a little ways.
  • View Gallery
    • MadWags Website
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 08:01:12 PM »

That is why they call him thedude.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge