Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:34:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Seminars We've Seen

Started by WayneC, January 10, 2010, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WayneC

I actually don't get to "see" a lot of seminars but I do introduce seminar speakers on my stage.  I've enjoyed talking with Jon Bondy about his approach to musky fishing. Richard Holm has a really neat seminar about color and depth which includes real field work with color and photography at different depths.  He even has a rig with various fishing lines on it they view at different depths to see how the different lines show up.  Jim Bedford has a different approach to trout and steelhead that would be similar to power fishing for bass and produces different results than the ordinary approach to steelies in the river.  Bob Brunner has gotten a great response from audiences who really want to spend time with someone who has been there and done it.  It a real special time when Bob takes the stage.  Lance even made an appearance at Stage C and as always had the audience riveted to his Sonar and GPS seminar.  Talking with Capt. Scott Shelagowski has been an education and his audience has to be getting a real close look at Michigan Steelhead in the River and Capt. Mike Veine has a super presentation on "Great Lakes Salmon Fishing" that looked like a seminar anyone who is interested in fishing at all would like.

What did everyone else see?

Dan

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Hooksetter

I was only there for a few hours Thursday with my wife but we were able to catch Lance Valentine's seminar on jigging the Detroit River for walleyes. I have to say it was one of the most informative, easy to understand seminars I have ever been to. My wife was even interested in it! She said afterwards that she thought she could hit the river and catch them with the info we learned.

Unfortunately that was the only seminar we had time to see. I was supposed to go back on Saturday but ended up working all day. I was disappointed that I could not go back, there were others I wanted to attend.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

t-bone

I was able to catch Doug Samsal and KVD throwing the King Shad around lake ultimate. Doug was talking smallies on St. Clair. Gave a lot of information that would help people that haven't been out on the lake before and would point people in the right direction. The seminar was pretty basic but there were a few things that I picked up that I think I'll give a try.
KVD was selling the King Shad but he really is a very personal guy and tries to answer any and all questions.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Waterfoul

We caught Don Watts talking about jerk baits.  Based on the photos in his presentation and the hands on baits he passed around I'm going to beat him in his own spots throwing his baits!  LOL!!  Just kidding Don.  But I did find his presentation very informative.

Also caught KVD tossing spinnerbaits and swimbaits on Lake Ultimate.  Was not impressed with the guy who took the mic and proceeded to ask about 5 questions, all the while arguing with KVD about spinnerbait tactics on the Dt. River.  Come on man... you really going to argue with the spinnerbait king of bass fishing??  Really?????
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

I missed that... I did get to see about 8 minutes of one of KVD's seminars right at the end of Saturday evening. And for the record, I pretty do whatever KVD says to do now ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.