email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Met a not so nice angler today  (Read 5096 times)

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
Met a not so nice angler today
« on: July 19, 2009, 01:50:47 PM »

I took my Dad out on Muskegon today.  There was a tournament today, as there is always.  Anyways, we pull into a spot we fish, the nearest boat was 300 yards away, and next thing we know, he's 10 feet from the back of my boat.  In a real snotty voice he asks if we are fishing a tournament.  When I said no, he says well I am.  as he pushes us right up to the lilly pads we were going to fish.  I was impressed.  His name must have been Dick.  I've never wanted to see a Skeeter sink so bad.

motocross269

Re: Met a not so nice angler today
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 12:07:33 AM »

That is BS...Just remember that all tournament anglers aren't like that..but there are idiots in every crowd.....Being in a tournament does not give you any more right to public water than anyone else...That should be obvious to anyone with a lick of sense...

MadWags

• Life is too short. Go fishing.
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Dan and I go back a little ways.
  • View Gallery
    • MadWags Website
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 07:24:06 AM »

Did he physically push you? Why wait for this to make your first post?
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

bassaddict

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 08:28:16 AM »

Don't base your opinion on all bass fisherman from that tool box. Most of us still have that golden rule as "treat people how you want to be treated."
Think with your flippin stick jimmy.

TritonTR20

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 08:29:31 AM »

I would have concidered talking to the tournement officials...

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 08:22:19 PM »

No, he didn't physically push me, he just kept coming with his boat, and wasn't stopping, so I had to keep moving further into the cove I was in.  I know that not all tournament fishermen are like that.  I fish a couple here and there myself.  We are all on the water for the same reason, we love to fish, and enjoy our time doing so.  Sorry this was a crappy first post.  When I figure out how to put pics on here, I will share some of mine.  I was raised in Texas and Louisiana.  We have some nice pics.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 11:08:08 PM »

Well... you have to start posting sometime. Get this guy off your chest and then lets have some fun. As one of our southern members reminded us very recently, our season is short. Hopefully, most of your fishing doesn't include more incidents like this one.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

zooker

• Fingerling
  • the southern bass guy
  • View Gallery
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 12:04:15 PM »

long season, short season,it matters NONE.. money gets in there eyes and they become dyckheads period..

we refure to what he did-crowding your boat- as "bird dawging"
in the happy southland you "bird dawg" like he did and you might get shot..

it is a common practice to ask if the angler is in a tourny. nomally done at a long cast distance..

fish long enough and you'll run into the most anal amongest the tourny crowd..

zooker 
live from the land of the crankbait...

Mark117

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 10:32:05 AM »

first ask his name? then i add him to my "pull out his drain plug list?"
enjoy your run to white??? ;D

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 08:03:07 PM »

Right on with the drain plug list.  Never made it to White.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge